Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 2,641 to 2,660 of 2,786

SmackMyBishop

this game is a trip so far. only played maybe like 2 hrs total. dying of course but its all good. good fun

SmackMyBishop

velio84

So - 4 ciphers left in B3 and 4 left in B6.
The issue is that on all of my recent runs, I barely see new rooms and ciphers in B3, I think I only got 1 new there since I came back to the game and I had many goes through the biome.
As for the B6 ones, I reckon because I'm already past the game and have plenty of stuff unlocked, the difficulty there is brutal. VERY different experience to when I was playing the game initially. It's simply flooded (pun intended) with all sorts of enemies firing all sorts of ***** at you. There are simply points where the screen is fulled with bullets and there is NOWHERE to go or hide.
But anyway, as I'm limiting my runs to 1 or 2 per day, even not every day as I was playing through A Plague Tale the last few days, it's not that frustrating.
But now I'm determined to get this platinum as it's in sight already.

psn: chilliesandbeer

render

@velio84 Unless they've changed things radically I didn't find B6 too bad after the end game, but still needed to have a good weapon with some good traits. B3 though was never not tricky and even when I thought "I've got this" with the drones I'd all of a sudden get obliterated. I was perhaps lucky to have only the ones left in B2 as even though the spawn rates were so stupidly low at least I didn't have to build up too much before I went there.

Good thing that you are still enjoying it though and hopefully they will turn up sooner rather than later 😀

render

velio84

@render They might have tweaked stuff with the patch that added photo mode as I certainly don't remember B6 to be that brutal. I went past it multiple times when I completed the game and wasn't such a struggle. Imagine being in a room (the ones where you can fall into the oblivion if you're not careful) full with 2 sphere enemies that shoot bullets in all directions and firing rings in all axis, backed up by that enemy that spawns the creatures that launch at you. And have at least 1 of these with a shield that you need to go to and melee for good measure. It's insane....

Edit: Many people have said that the last boss is also 1 of the easiest so might be that Housemarque decided to make everyone's life a bit more miserable. After all - it's the final biome and you SHOULD struggle somehow.

Edited on by velio84

velio84

2 ciphers left in B6. These might drag a while though as I need to grind a solid build in B4 to get to B6, otherwise I’m getting destroyed there.
@Fill3rup_ how’s your quest collecting the ciphers going?

render

@velio84 Great work, it's got to feel good getting it down to just 2 left. The very last one I had was in B6 which felt quite fitting really. Hopefully you can grab both of those in one run

render

Fill3rup_

@velio84 I have 1 cipher left in B2, 3 left in B3 and 1 in B6, then beat the boss and see the ending for the plat..am away on holidays for a week so will have to wait.. Ive Hades on my switch to tide me over though, brilliant game

Fill3rup_

Fill3rup_

@render that's the way I'm going for it, clear 2 and 3 and then 4 to build up health and hopefully get my hands on the hollow seeker with lvl 3 portal beam..

Fill3rup_

velio84

@Fill3rup_ When you start looking for the ones in B3, don't forget to get in the portals as well. I was skipping those for some reason until I started to wonder why I wasn't seeing any new rooms with new ciphers. Then watched a video of all cipher locations in B3 and saw there are a few in the portals.
Good luck!

Edited on by velio84

Just2Milky

@Fill3rup_ I second @velio84’s advice, my last cipher was in b3 and I never realized they could spawn in the portal rooms. I don’t know how many times I missed it before going into the portal room for parasites

Hope those last cipher rooms spawn for you quickly!

Edited on by Just2Milky

“I’m a really good lawyer.”
———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

Fill3rup_

@velio84 oh for sure, I had 5 to get last week, 2 of em in portal rooms.. We'll get there in the end.

Fill3rup_

Fill3rup_

Just on this, how far is everyone from 100%,looking at my current scenario I reckon I'll go for it after the plat,coz I don't really want to stop playing. The tough bit will be fully upgrading weapons I don't like

Fill3rup_

Elodin

@SmackMyBishop glad your enjoying it. It only gets better and better. Except biome 3 most likely will take a bit to get that good run to get through.

Edited on by Elodin

Elodin

Just2Milky

I can see how the Lobber ranks so high, but it just isn’t for me. I can’t overload it, either I go to soon or too late. It feels like a hard weapon to master. I’ll stick to my carbines for now on!

“I’m a really good lawyer.”
———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

render

@Just2Milky It took me a while to get used to it but when you do get that timing right it absolutely destroys things. The carbine is a good weapon too so you can’t go wrong with that.

render

velio84

@Just2Milky I always miss the overload on the lobber but still use it just fine. I also couldn’t get into it for a long time. I actually was avoiding it all cost during my initial play-through after the release and only started using it now for the platinum hunt where I tried to mix thing up and start using weapons I avoided back then.

And on this note, the rocket launcher is also something I didn’t use much then. But there are 2 mods on it which make it probably the most devastating weapon in the game. These are “full auto” and “enlarged chamber”. What these do is essentially create a carbine firing rockets. Any mod that come on top of these is a bonus.

I was literally melting the enemies in B6 with this. I entered a room with 2 disco balls. 2 of the enemies that spawn those annoying swimming things and a Typhonops. I also had the adrenaline maxed out at 5. Exited the room in seconds without getting hit…

FullMetalWesker

@Just2Milky - To be fair, the lobber isn’t something you really need to worry about getting the overload right for; all it does is increase the fire rate, but as long as you’re reasonably accurate, it’s not terribly necessary.
@velio84 - Yeah, some traits can really transform some weapons into deadly killing machines. I’ve just unlocked pylon web(?) for the pylon driver, and it pretty much makes a mockery of anything in the game. Even the shotgun can be drastically improved with traits like Slug shot that allow it to perform at farther ranges than just point blank.
———
So, apologies for the belated reply, but I’ve finished Act 3, and as of now, have finished the first Biome survey. Overall, the game’s been pretty fun, and I’m liking the weapons more and more as I unlock more traits, though if there’s one thing I’m not too impressed with, it’s the story. I won’t go into details, but essentially, I kinda felt like, after the first act, the whole thing got a bit anti-climactic, and I’m not entirely sure what the point was (besides justifying the gameplay).
Thankfully, the gameplay loop easily makes up for it, and I’m getting to the point where I’m able to achieve some pretty crazy stuff (well, relatively speaking anyway). Turns out the sword is also a pretty great weapon when used right, and I’ve been having fun using it as a finisher or stun weapon, such as when a Severed attempts to teleport near me, or when those bat things start swarming me. And as mentioned before, the weapons are really showing their true potential with some really nice traits, like the aforementioned slug shot for the shotgun and pylon web for the driver. It’s making the hunt for the remaining glyphs less tedious than it might be otherwise, which is something.

Oh, and on a related note, quick question; regarding the glyphs, do they spawn in random rooms, or are they fixed? Might help on my hunt to know the difference.

Edited on by FullMetalWesker

FullMetalWesker

Voltan

@FullMetalWesker the xenoglyph ciphers are in specific spots in specific rooms. Of course, most of these rooms are not guaranteed to be in your map.

Voltan

velio84

Does anyone remember whether there were any bugged ciphers in Biome 6 on release? I remember there were some issues with less ciphers showing or something like that.
Because my save is right from the release of the game, I’m starting to wonder whether the save is corrupted or something. I’ve done countless runs already in B6 and can’t find the last cipher. Neither I’ve seen any new rooms…

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic