Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 841 to 860 of 1,384

nessisonett

@Voltan Yeah, but I’ll start back at 4 anyway if I’m going to go fight the final boss. Plus the house always spawns before the warp points.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

render

@Voltan You are no doubt right there, there are definitely higher priority things than the trophies and I’d be happy to play through it all over like you.

@PossibLeigh That’s what happened to me and when it started back up and I started Returnal it told me my save was corrupt and that it had restored from a backup. I hadn’t closed Returnal before I did that so I guess it tried to save state at that moment. Lucky the cloud save had a later progress than the one that got restored.

render

Voltan

@Thrillho yes, the mysterious object in Helios’ cargo bay does just that.

Voltan

Thrillho

@Voltan Ah, I used it straight after finishing act II and wondered what it had done!

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Does the house always win?

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

PossibLeigh

@render I've not reopened Returnal since the system froze, so fingers crossed. Against my wallet's best judgements I've just bought and been playing Curse of the Dead Gods. It's so much slower paced, I can't get my head round it! 😂

Edited on by PossibLeigh

PossibLeigh

PossibLeigh

@render Just booted R up and got a message saying my save data has been restored due to corruption, so looks like you were right.

Weird though as Returnal wasn't even the last game I played.

Edited on by PossibLeigh

PossibLeigh

nessisonett

Had a crash there, had to restore from cloud due to save corruption. So now I’ve lost the fragment thingys I’d collected in that run. Fantastic.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

PossibLeigh

And it seems I've lost the fragment from the third and fourth biomes, which I'd definitely collected before.

PossibLeigh

nessisonett

@PossibLeigh Yeah, I lost mine from the first and second biomes there. I just want the game to let me finish it 😂

Voltan

Finished that run I started earlier. Did small progress (but still progress) on surveys, processed a data cube. Killed Nemesis. I’m at max ether again, despite powering the recycler (didn’t need it).
This is going to tak a while, isn’t it? 😉

Edit: I’m missing 15 ciphers (8 of which are in Crimson Wastes) and 4 scout logs. It’s not a lot but on a run like this I found nothing in biome 1 (only 1 scout log missing, notorious for being rare), 1 cipher in 2, and a log in 3 (missing 2 ciphers). I think the rest of scout logs are in act 2.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

render

@PossibLeigh @nessisonett Ah bad luck. Mine happened after collecting all the keys and unlocking the door on 3. Lucky for me it wasn’t until the next day that the crash happened so my good one had been backed up on the cloud.

I can imagine it’s really hard to play any game that’s slower paced after returnal. Tonight I just realised that if you got back into a challenge room then you get the challenge experience all over again. Not sure I’m going to do that again in a hurry 🤣

render

nessisonett

Got to love that AAA polish 😂

Untitled

render

Managed to find all the fragments bar the one in 6. Took on the boss and won again anyway so that’s all the bosses done at least twice. Got 12 data cubes now as well. Looks like I’m missing a lot of other things though including the infamous scout log number 9.

render

nessisonett

Apparently there was a third consumable slot. I had no idea hahaha. Just hunting my last fragment just now, in the 6th biome. It hasn’t spawned in the past two cycles so hopefully it does this time.

Ok, I’ve now done 4 cycles completely exploring the 6th biome and I cannot find the fragment for the life of me. Can’t really be arsed anymore, just want it to end.

Edited on by nessisonett

colonelkilgore

@PossibLeigh I hadn’t heard of Curse of the Dead Gods until your post, ‘if’ still Hades doesn’t end up releasing on PlayStation (given the recent rumour of certification in Korea seems to indicate that it will though) maybe I’ll try that 👍

Edited on by colonelkilgore

I ain’t ever met a souls-like I didn’t like!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore So not Enter the Gungeon?

So I've played a few more hours of this. Experienced no issues whatsoever. Really like the combat just feels so smooth and slick to play. Love the design of the world and enemies, some parts remind me of the bit in Alien when they find that big space jockey/engineer. The sound design is flipping amazing too, although I've not really noticed the 3D sound too much. I'm using the Platinum headsets, which are 3D compatible but maybe they aren't that great to use in this respect. Awesome use of the DualSense too.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic