Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 841 to 860 of 2,757

nessisonett

@render If my luck’s anything like looking for that 6th fragment, you’d win that bet hands down 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

I wouldn't be too surprised if they added a photo mode at some point

Voltan

Scratchy_Seal

@katamariUK @render Thanks guys. I want to say that I’ve been to said location but it must be something similar. Oh well, we’ll see how tonight goes. Might try and rush it as I don’t think I’ve got the energy to build up in biomes 4 and 5 to only find the platforms aren’t there!

Scratchy_Seal

Voltan

@Scratchy_Seal I always went to 6 as soon as I was able - there's a decent chunk of 4 you have to do anyway. The only exception was when there was something cool at the fabricator before the gateways and I didn't have enough obolites - in that case I would do just enough of 4 to be able to afford the thing.

Voltan

render

@nessisonett You still aren't going to tempt me into the bet no matter how bad your luck is! 🤣

render

Voltan

Another full run of Act 1. Found a cipher in Crimson Wastes and the last Cipher in the Citadel - now only missing a scout log but looks like it’s one that spawns near the beginning, if spawns at all. So I guess I won’t be running the Citadel anymore.

Also, got close enough to Nemesis to see if you can melee him. You can’t. It was a bad idea (still won).

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

I thought the game had crashed on me earlier as it was not responding when I was using the controller, but then realised I had my DualShock 4 in my hands! 🤣

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Scratchy_Seal

@Voltan so are you at the point that you’re looking up where things spawn now? I think once I’ve done act 3 I’m gonna shamelessly research because people are saying the activity cards aren’t functioning correctly?

Scratchy_Seal

nessisonett

@Scratchy_Seal The activity cards are utterly bizarre. The survey in biome 1 for me said 14% and then I looked at the card and all it said was 90% scout logs. I’d done everything else.

Voltan

@Scratchy_Seal I found the last cipher in the Citadel and the trophy didn’t pop so I looked up a missing log to make sure it was also in the citadel and my trophy wasn’t bugged. But tbh when I’m down to final pieces, I don’t think looking them up is unacceptable 😉

Voltan

render

Just got the echoing ruins survey trophy. The last cypher I needed has next to where the coilspine shredder was. That was pure luck.

@nessisonett My activity card for it says 16% 😂

render

Voltan

Found nothing new in the next run but here’s me killing Nemesis taking exactly 2 hits (I thought I could do it with zero but unfortunately it didn’t work out)

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan Congrats, that’s massively impressive! I can’t do Nemesis without being hit, I always get hit in the third stage. I can do the biomes 1, 2 and 4 bosses without taking a hit though, wish I’d saved videos.

Thrillho

I finally got the biome 3 fragment. I mostly ended up faffing around too much in biome 1 on lots of runs and messing up. Now to jump to biome 4 and get the last ones 🙄

Thrillho

JigsawPieces

I'm really feeling like I've hit a wall in biome 3. I'll keep working at it, but ...

Struggling with the drones, the variant of the turrets that fires a solid gold laser, and (especially) the mutated automatons. And if it throws all three at me at the same time, like it did just now, I'm toast and it feels like there's nothing I can do about it.

Panicking definitely doesn't help, mind

JigsawPieces

PSN: JigsawPieces

Thrillho

@Voltan Nice. That is an impressive amount of health too!

I think that one was my least favourite boss fight though as I wasn’t a fan of the platforming nature of it.

And I guess that’s the carbine with high calibre? I think my favourite weapon, especially for bosses, is the Hollowseeker as getting a couple of good traits (serrated projectile, wave, shrapnel, portal beam) can do massive damage and you can fire loads before reloading.

I still don’t have the shredder though.

Thrillho

Voltan

@Thrillho I had a parasite that added health on adding and removing malfunctions. Needles to say, I used most malignant things I could find. And yeah, I think that was high caliber. Good damage

Edit: another run, another cipher in the Wastes. If the trophy pops at 19/20 like I’ve seen a number of people say, that’s just one left.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

render

@Voltan That’s amazing. I can only hope that one day I might be half as good but that would still mean only getting hit 4 times 🤣

@JigsawPieces I know those places, it does feel like everything comes in on you all at once. The important thing to do is take your time when moving forward to those places. Look for grapple points and use them as escape routes so you can keep moving. Move first and shoot later, especially where things are advancing on you quickly. Don’t give up though, you’ll get better.

I’ve just wound up act 3. What a ride this game has been 🤯.

render

katamariUK

An update for anyone going for the Survey Trophies. I got another one last night after completing the Challenge Room in a biome (yellow door). I previously failed a Challenge Room in another biome and did not get a trophy, so simply entering the room does not seem to count. However, in Biome 3 I completed the Challenge Room and the moment the doors unlocked afterwards, my Survey Trophy popped.
My Activity Card for Biome 3 was at 83% before competing the Challenge Room, but I am not sure if this was accurate or not as the cards seem to be all over the place. I had previously collected every Scout Log, Glyph and Cypher in the game so these helped me get that last percentage.
So that's three surveys done, on Biomes 1, 3 and 5. Three more to go for the Platinum!

Game dev.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic