Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 801 to 820 of 2,757

Voltan

@PossibLeigh 3rd as in the Citadel one? I believe it's always in the same spot and you don't have to go far in.

Voltan

nessisonett

Had a very scary moment with a corrupted save but thankfully it restored from PS+. Mad to think people would be out of luck if they didn’t subscribe.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JigsawPieces

@render I finally ran into a pack of drones when I had the void beam alt-fire ... you were so right! That made short work of them. If only I had that every time I met them

In the same run, I got locked in a bonus room with the same enemy that ended me yesterday - it took everything I had, but I killed it, so at least I know what it is now (a malformed automaton).

JigsawPieces

PSN: JigsawPieces

MightyDemon82

WOW you guys have been busy in Returnal. I got up early this morning and took down Nemesis, 5th time lucky and then Hyperion 1st time In the same run. Then was taken out in the 5th biome wasn't fussed though as I am happy with that for now, That was from 8am until half 2. Can't wait to dive back in whenever that may be.

MightyDemon82

PossibLeigh

@Voltan Made it half way up the tower both times and didn't see it. There were some locked doors I didn't have keys for, but I'll be disappointed if it's behind a locked gate.

First time I found it, before the data corruption, it was easy to find.

PossibLeigh

render

@nessisonett it’s bizarre that it manages to restore a save from the local file system which in most cases seems to be older than the one that’s been backed up to the cloud. Like you say though, if you don’t subscribe you’d be plain out of luck.

@JigsawPieces it’s frickin awesome right? I heavily relied on that method to get through that biome. It’s nuts but I played through all the biomes yesterday including doing all the bosses and it’s so much easier now I’ve unlocked a ton of weapon traits. I still almost got killed a couple of times, one in this damn challenge room.

@MightyDemon82 Any progress is good progress 👍. I can’t wait to get back on later too. I’m half tempted to carry on and try and get the platinum.

Anyone done one of the daily challenges where you have the dissolving suit? That’s a challenge!!

render

roe

Got about half way through the final stage of Nemesis but it done me. Put a good 2-3 hours into that run and had well over 200% health and even a couple of silphium vials until the last few rooms broke me into wasting one

Next time! 🔫

roe

Kidfried

@Th3solution Play the game, it's brilliant. It's very stable since last patch for the most part. Crashing seems to be related to PS5 firmware for the most part, if I'm correct.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried I’ll probably start it soon. Given that your catastrophic crash a few days ago has not deterred a strong recommendation is comforting to know. If it’s no longer having a crash per play session then that’s looking hopeful.

It’s probably like anything in life (thinking about the COVID vaccine for example) where a few reports of the big problems dominate the public consciousness but we forget about the thousands of people who are having no issues.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

It doesn't feel that I've made much progress today after making some yesterday and obtaining the blade.

The Malignant effects can be pretty evil! I had two yesterday which wouldn't allow me to pick up any weapons or health items, and it took me ages to find the relics need to cure them. And then I had one that gave me fall damage, then went round the corner and the floor collapsed underneath me! 😂 At least I know what to look out for now lol.

Still fun though, it just feels so good to play.

@Th3solution I've had no crashes yet either and I've clocked up near 10 hours now. I've been using rest mode too.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

Another long run, 3 ciphers in Crimson Wastes, 1 in the Citadel (only 1 left now), still no scout log 9. Entire thing exclusively with Rotgland Lobbers (3 of them total), including a pretty quick fight with Nemesis.
Will do another one of these later today.

@PossibLeigh Get through the initial section to the place with some watcher eyes. Then instead of entering the tower (main path), make a hard left/right (depending on map layout) and go straight to the drawbridge (which is now always extended). The fragment is underwater just as you enter the building on the other side of the bridge, before the xeno archive.

Voltan

Thrillho

I managed to get the fragments in biome 1 and 2 really quickly on one run but haven’t found the third one yet. Hopefully your advice helps @voltan !

One thing I’ve only really found since starting act III is just how good the melee attack is. I was barely using it before but it cuts through small enemies in the early biomes in one go and two hits frequently takes out the big enemies once they’re stunned.

Thrillho

Voltan

@Thrillho If you want to know where I found the 3rd, check out the spoiler tag above. I haven't seen anyone mention a different location.

Voltan

render

@Thrillho The melee attack is great. It’s great when you get things closing in around you as you can quickly take a few smaller enemies out in one go.

@Voltan @nessisonett Is the fragment on 6 in an obvious place? I thought as I got the others without too much work that I’d easily come across that one.

I was going through the research screen last night and it’s amazing how many kills you have to get on things to get 100%.

render

Voltan

@render That was the only one that I'm pretty sure wasn't there at all when I did my first Act 3 run of the Scar. It's not too hard to find when it is there though, I got it on the next.

Voltan

nessisonett

@render I’ve only found fragment 6 once in about 9 runs now. And that was the time it crashed.

render

@Voltan @nessisonett Will have another look later. Cheers guys.

Really unlucky with that crash though @nessisonett. It hurts most when you’ve put a lot of time in and got a permanent item.

I got the wrist watch at the house sequence just before the crash I had when I restored from the cloud. When I replayed that bit the next day it just said item unlocked but the watch wasn’t there for me to pick up. Luckily the other day it turned up somewhere else, might have been from a data cube. I thought I’d probably never see it again though.

render

nessisonett

I seem to have found another weapon. Some shredder thing. It’s alright. Somehow managed to completely miss it before now.

nessisonett

Got the secret ending there.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic