Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 321 to 340 of 2,757

render

@jdv95 Yes same here, with the recalled patch version I encountered 4 of them. I avenged 2, looted one, and the other one sprouted legs and attacked me. It was a really good mechanic so hopefully they can bring that back. This feels a bit like the Death Stranding type of multiplayer where you don't have direct contact with other players but you are aware of their presence. I quite like that on the challenge mode as well that you can see where other players fell and what their scores were.

render

Voltan

@render Yeah - it was very cool in challenge mode! You see a pile of scout corpses? Expect a big bad guy in this room

Voltan

Scratchy_Seal

I’ve not seen any yet and played every day since launch, looking forward to it being brought back in properly as it sounds fun!

Scratchy_Seal

Scratchy_Seal

Random one guys but what’s the malfunction that gives you the biggest headache?

I’m sure there’s many I’m yet to encounter but ‘counters on hit’ is quite literally a killer for me!

Scratchy_Seal

Kidfried

@Scratchy_Seal Every malfunction that makes you take damage when you do x. I just hate losing my adrenaline combo too much. Especially in early game, I try very hard to improve my proficiency.

Kidfried

PossibLeigh

Sorry to rant here, guys, but I'm soooo annoyed! Pissed off, one might say. I can leave the first biome. When I try it tells me the game is still downloading. Ladies and gents, this PoS has very much finished downloading and is up to date.

Hmm. What do I have that I don't value that I can smash to pieces to vent..

PossibLeigh

render

@Scratchy_Seal Taking damage when picking things up is a really annoying one. Also not being able to use overload can be quite bad, especially when you've got lots of those flying things after you. I had a good one yesterday where I'd used a parasite that would give me a second chance on a killing blow. I got killed in the citadel when I found a room with 5 of those severed knife welding guys so was bought back and ended up with two malfunctions, one of them stopped me from using overload. Luckily they both required melee kills to get rid of and I happened upon a room where found lots of things I could do just that.

@PossibLeigh Sounds like a really annoying issue that. I wonder if that might be OS related rather than game related but it doesn't help. Is this your first time playing since downloading it? Might be worth deleting it and reinstalling if you haven't got too far or have got a cloud save. If you want to smash something to pieces already though are you sure this is the right game for you? 🤣

Edited on by render

render

PossibLeigh

@render Oh, it's not the gameplay that's making me want to smash things. Rather the ridiculous situation we are all in now where the end user has effectively become a beta tester. Impotency frustrates me.

I am reinstalling now to see if that helps. My third install. I played it briefly last night after the update, but only realised challenges were unavailable at the time. Can't get in the ship. If it starts me in the ship, can't get out of the ship and can't access challenges. That was bad enough. Today I realise the issues run much deeper.

Edited on by PossibLeigh

PossibLeigh

nessisonett

@PossibLeigh It’s a worrying state of affairs. With the game barely working despite its premium price point. Did you already have to install it a second time then?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

PossibLeigh

@nessisonett I did, yes. The pulled update two evenings ago broke it. The game wouldn't start. It's possible my current woes will be fixed with a reinstall, but not impressed.

I see you were going to buy a copy from a fellow forum member. Did you go ahead with that?

PossibLeigh

nessisonett

@PossibLeigh Yep, hopefully it’s fixed by the time it arrives 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Kidfried

Housemarque has been messing up the week since launch, so much is clear. Somewhere between management and quality control something has gone south, probably some corners cut. The first three patches they introduced since launch all broke about as much as (or more than) they fixed.

Which is waste. If we're ignoring this week's mess up, the game launched in a pretty good state actually.

This game is easily worth its 80 euro, as long as the dev just takes an extra day for testing when they create a patch.

Kidfried

render

It's unfortunate that these problems have come about and yes it's not nice when you have sunk lots of hours into something to have a crash or a save get destroyed. With this game, as with lots of others though, people have had radically different experiences which just goes to show how complex these bits of software are these days. One small difference on someones system can no doubt lead to things appearing completely broken, whereas another person can have a completely trouble free experience. Even with a fixed platform like playstation it can be hard to cover off all the different scenarios and a lot of game testing relies on manual effort rather than automated test suites, so there's definitely a challenge when trying to turn something around quickly. This is especially true when everybody is working from home, and I'm sure that people at Housemarque will have been putting in the hours to get these issues sorted.

Personally I'm thinking about it relative to all the other software products that I use on a daily basis. Not one of them works exactly as it should. AWS, Google apps, Office 365, Java, Linux, MacOS... the list goes on. Not one of them is perfect and some of them I've experienced some very big issues with and these are things from companies with more money than small countries. Unfortunately with games they get a really unfair share of complaints because they are right in the spotlight, most for a very short space of time. I wish them luck and hope that they can get these problems sorted so that they can enjoy some of the praise for the 99% of the rest of the game that works and is great.

render

Voltan

Wow I haven’t played at all yesterday and suddenly I suck! Lol

Voltan

PossibLeigh

@render Your remarks are both reasonable and even handed. I won't stand for that rubbish round here!

But, seriously, good points well made. Truth be told I'm burnt out on the whole PS5 experience, to be honest. I allowed myself to get stupidly excited and am suffering the consequences. The fact remains though that at the moment, for me, the game is a one biome demo.

@Kidfried Yes, I agreed it's worth that if it works. Though, I bought a switch purely to play BotW and still have my copy of CP2077, so I obviously don't see the value of games in monetary terms. Generally.

PossibLeigh

PossibLeigh

Reinstalling it has done the trick for the challenges. I can get in and out of Helios again. The game gets to reside in my glorious presence for a little while longer.

But if I can't crack that third biome tonight, it's probably gonna have to go to someone more worthy.

PossibLeigh

render

@PossibLeigh Great to hear that you've found a fix for your issue. Hopefully it's just one of those things and you'll have a trouble free experience otherwise.

I will no doubt be having my own troubles with this game later but they are purely of my own making. I've got no excuse for that though other than I just totally suck at gaming.

render

Voltan

Soooo I got the key to the last boss…
And died before I got there

Edit: aaaand I thought it was a permanent item. It isn’t. Lol

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Voltan

Reached the boss on the next run. Which means I no longer need to go for the key, which is arguably the hardest part of the 6th biome. One step closer!

Enough for today though

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic