Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 2,461 to 2,480 of 2,757

JohnnyShoulder

@CJD87 @render @Just2Milky Everyone was certain they would announce something at The Game Awards, but no dice.

I've not got the best track record with DLC. I either get it and never get round to paying it, or I've traded the game by the time dlc is released.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

R1spam

I made it to biome 4! That biome 3 boss final phase was pretty tough but watching my last thermogenic launcher rounds hit the target after I missed an active reload and was falling from a platform with only a sliver of health was amazing! Biome 4 is legit kicking my ass though. I thought I had got a handle on the difficulty after making it up the tower in B3. Is every biome moving forward as much of a difficulty spike? If so, as Kidfried says I may never leave Atropos

Edited on by R1spam

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

CJD87

@R1spam Yes!! Well done, and I remember the boss fight in B3 being absolutely wild... probably my favorite in the entire game.

B4 onwards is a nice point, as technically it is almost a 'refresh' as you now have a new cycle of B4-5-6.

In terms of difficulty spikes, I would argue that B5 is perhaps the most challenging by a longshot... although interestingly everyone pn this site seems to find a different biome the hardest ha

You have all the skills you need to beat this game, my only advise would be to level up a decent weapon and upgrade the best traits (my 'go-to' was Hollowseeker with portal beam L2)

Hopefully you're still enjoying it? Still my personal GOTY without a doubt, dying for HM to release a DLC...!

Edited on by CJD87

CJD87

render

@R1spam Well done!! That is an awesome boss fight and beating it after dragging yourself through B3 is a real achievement. For many that's breaking the back of the game with most deaths coming from the first 3 biomes. Keep going and you'll make it, there's some truly great moments to come!

render

JohnnyShoulder

R1spam wrote:

I may never leave Atropos

No one ever does...

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Thrillho

@R1spam I think most of my deaths were in Biome 4 as I struggled to readjust and there are a few enemies there that can ruin a run quickly. Luckily your weapons start at a decent base level once you're there though so it's much more fun and easier to switch things round and find a weapon you like with favourable traits.

And the B4 boss (and the build up) is the best of the lot for me!

Thrillho

R1spam

@CJD87 I don't know if this makes sense but I like the game, truth be told I'm mildly obsessed by the game, the game however has no f#€ks to give how much I like it, it doesn't like me back. In fact, it actively hates me!! I still think there are design flaws but the gameplay feel keeps me coming back. It's so good!
@Render I'm not sure, I kept getting rooms with swarms of flying enemies with only the handgun and my b4 runs have been getting tanked!
@Thrillho that's good to know, I'll stick at it as the boss fights to this stage have been insane. The third phase of the ixion boss fight was absolutely brutal. Trying to time your jumps and dodges right for his dash attack needed such precise timing.

Edited on by R1spam

Kidfried

@Thrillho @R1spam Biome 4 was by far the hardest for me. What made it even worse was reading all over the internet how people thought it was the easiest.

I actually beat biome 5 and 6 without dying after biome 4. Not to say they are easy at all, but at least not that much harder than biome 4.

Kidfried

Thrillho

@Kidfried It’s amazing how a good run can come together like that. I got through B3 and B6 on my first attempts!

Thrillho

Voltan

I'm pretty sure I needed most attempts for biome 6. On the other hand, I beat the first 3 biomes in one run - not the 1st run but once I got Phrike for the first time, I went all the way to kill Nemesis and the drones couldn't stop me. Luck has a part in this for sure.

Voltan

CJD87

@Kidfried That is the complete opposite of my experience! Genuinely 80% of my deaths resulted from Biome 5...! Well played

CJD87

JohnnyShoulder

Went through Biome 4 on my first go and beat the boss. That was an anomaly as every other biome I spent a load of hours in. I probably spent the most in Biomes 2 and 3 looking for those pesky glyphs

R1spam

I've just managed to get the 3 keys for biome 5 and am having to take a break for the night as my nerves have had it! I actually can't sleep if I play it too late as the adrenaline keeps me buzzing 🙈

Kidfried

@R1spam Great progress! It's very wise to take the occasional break. I would go on and on for way too long. The game definitely broke me to in ways I'd rather not talk about. 😅

Kidfried

Just2Milky

@R1spam @Kidfried taking a week long break was the only way I was able to get past the next biome!

“I’m a really good lawyer.”
———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

Thrillho

@R1spam ha, it’s definitely a game that can get the adrenaline going, more for me when you get into a room with the enhanced big enemies. Palpitations galore at times!

Thrillho

Th3solution

Personally, I’d probably say B3 was my hardest. Most of that came from the fact that it took so much time to get through the build up to get there and have any chance against the drones and that deadly climb up the tower. Outside of that, my biggest stumbling block was B1. Those opening hours are tough and Phrike seems insurmountable at first. Then when I fought her later she’s a pushover.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

FullMetalWesker

@velio84 @Th3solution - Man, hearing you two talk about how hard Phrike was really hammers home how lucky I was to win on my first try*. Goes to show how different everyone’s experience is.
*after being saved by my free astronaut doll that is.

So far my hardest Biome is the third, but that makes sense, given it’s the one I’m currently up to (Though if the second Biome had me fight multiple Severed at once on a more regular basis it would prob rival it).

On a related note, out of curiosity, what’s everyone’s weapon of choice? (So far I’m currently leaning toward the assault rifle for its reliability, but I’m guessing that’ll change once I get further in).

FullMetalWesker

Voltan

@FullMetalWesker My favorite was always the Hollowseeker but I also had good experiences with the carbine and the Rotgland Lobber

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic