Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 2,786

hypnotoad

I'm ***** at this but what a great game !

hypnotoad

Just2Milky

@hypnotoad it really is great! Goty for me!

β€œI’m a really good lawyer.”
β€”β€”β€”
β€œOne ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

CJD87

@hypnotoad Keep playing mate!! Honestly it is only a matter time before you 'git gud'....! And yes 100% GOTY for me also

CJD87

hypnotoad

@CJD87 Spot on mate.
Even though I'm no good, I really am having a blast !

hypnotoad

velio84

Played a bit of Returnal last night, hadn't booted it up ever since I finished it after the release.
I played B1 way too much initially due to the difficulty of beating Act 1 initially, so didn't really enjoy it that much. But once I got to B2, I remembered how good the game was. Really enjoyed it, managed to get through B1, 2 and 3 with all the bosses. Only died once in B3 (drones) but had an astronaut to revive me.

Photo mode is not bad, but I couldn't force myself to stop playing and take pictures. Annoying thing about it is that you can't pull the camera too far away from Selene and that's a bummer as most of the surroundings on Atropos are huge. The photommode is better suited for action shots.

A strange thing is that I stumbled upon plenty of "rooms" where I hadn't been before. Don't know whether it was a random thing or they were silently added through the updates lately, but that was a pleasant surprise as this way the game felt somewhat fresh.

Edited on by velio84

psn: chilliesandbeer

Th3solution

@velio84 That’s good to know that your skills stayed sharp after a prolonged holiday. Perhaps one of these days I’ll go back for the platinum. I was worried I’d get rusty.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

velio84

@Th3solution I think because I played without any goals, just for fun, I was really calm and wasn't bothered whether I'll die in the next room or not - this way the gameplay was really smooth and I had no issues. When you're afraid that if you die - you'll loose your run and have to start over, the stakes are much higher and you do lot's of mistakes (at least I do)...

psn: chilliesandbeer

MatthewJP

Hi all apologies as I know this will be within the thread somewhere but there's that many pages now....!

Biome 5 - if I get the 3 keys but die fighting the boss, will I be able to go straight to the boss next time or will I need to get the 3 keys again before facing it?

PSN: mpquikster

Just2Milky

@MatthewJP You will need to get the keys again if you die. I found the boss pretty hard.

Edited on by Just2Milky

β€”β€”β€”
β€œOne ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

render

@Just2Milky I think everyone finds that one the hardest don’t they?

render

MatthewJP

@Just2Milky oh pants, I've got the keys but no consumables to face the boss...i was hoping for an easy ride to the boss next time

Voltan

@MatthewJP What @Just2Milky and @render are saying is false, probably just trying to scare you - the Vault stays open like every other Vault in the game. The boss is very unique though, not much more I can say without spoilers.

Voltan

MatthewJP

In fairness I think I got lucky getting the challenge room key anyway - I died during the 2nd wave, came back via the reconstructor and was able to fight the 2nd wave from the doorway. No 3rd wave came and I got the key. Seems like a bug to me, and the locked slatted door thing remained shut and I couldn't find a red switch to shoot anywhere, not sure if that usually automatically opens after finishing the 3 waves usually

render

@MatthewJP It does sound like a bug if you got trapped there. Did you have to restart your run?

render

MatthewJP

@render no I wasn't trapped as there's a teleport with the challenge room key, but I definitely didn't face 3 waves (nor could I access the loot behind that slatted door).
Shall have a quick look at the boss and see what the next run brings

Just2Milky

@Voltan @MatthewJP Ah sorry, if you die with 3 keys but no vault unlocked, you lose the keys, but if you open the vault the vault will stay open forever. sorry for the confusion!

β€”β€”β€”

MatthewJP

I've just resumed my cycle tonight after stopping yesterday having got the 3 keys in biome 5.
I was expecting to go straight into a boss fight when falling into the water but there wasn't one.
Having read up, it seems there are 6 biomes but only 5 bosses? Seems like an odd design decision

Voltan

@MatthewJP Hehe. Honestly, I kinda liked that myself. It's a particularly punishing biome and then you go into the vault expecting it to get even harder, and... nothing. In a way, that's another thing to catch you off guard
Anyway, enjoy the change of scenery in biome 6

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic