Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,161 to 2,180 of 2,261

MightyDemon82

Damn Spider-man Miles Morales sure was great. Going to keep playing till I get the platinum, this is a new self imposed rule. Only one game at a time unless there is a multiplayer on the go that I can dip in and out of!

MightyDemon82

Bentleyma-

I was surprised I've had no issues with my PlayStation 5. I thought it would just be my luck to get a faulty one, but no, it's had no problems whatsoever.

Bentleyma-

PSN: Bentleyma-

KundaliniRising333

I can say I have definitely experienced where the front USB port on my PS5 is not functioning properly. It charges my controller but not all the way. For the first week I used it, and my controller's pulsing orange charging light indicator just remained flashing no matter how long it was plugged in being charged (and off). The minute I tried charging it to full with a rear USB it worked and the lights shutoff.

I also noticed that My console never shutoff when in rest mode even though I had it set to 3 hour time limit, it also didn't charge my controller then either. I have since not used rest mode, nor will I until It is determined to be hardware or software related. As when I did wake it up from its rest mode that it shouldnt have still been in, it made me reset some initial Ps% settings again much as it asks in the initial setup.

I have luckily only experienced 2 game crashes.

Other than all of that and the noise.....it works....lol......uhmm load times are an improvement at least.

It just seems to me with how large this console is and how intentional the design appears, I was expecting far less noise. Post launch, I am disheartened by the deafening silence from Sony, and its CEO regarding the clearly widespread issues being reported. Jim Ryan literally pretended like he'd heard nothing about the issues

PLEASE.

KundaliniRising333

KundaliniRising333

@MightyDemon82
I wouldn't risk it, especially considering sony isnt even acknowledging it an issues yet. Which means they haven't addressed it.

KundaliniRising333

Arugula

@KundaliniRising333 The front USB is like that on every unit as far as I'm aware. Whether it's a fault or by design, the system only appears to supply power to it for 5 minutes or so after being put in rest mode. The rear USB ports have no such issue.

Arugula

nessisonett

Anyone played a 4K Blu-Ray on theirs yet? I’m really intrigued as to how good the player is to be honest, it’s the main reason I want a disc model.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

JaxonH

So far, my issues have been as follows:

1 Front USB-A port wouldn’t charge controllers. Was fixed in system update, or at least, it initially charges now. I haven’t tested leaving the controller plugged in because I have a shorter USB-C to USB-C cable and prefer using that with the USB-C port on the front.

2 Ghosts of Tsushima Update 1.16 would download, but not install. I had to move the game from my external SSD to internal storage, disconnect the external drive, and then it downloaded and installed properly. I then reconnected the external SSD, and moved the game back to the external drive.

3 After moving GoT back to the external drive, I launched the game only for it to notify me of another update? But it wasn’t an update. It was... the rest of the game that had already completely installed. Yet for some reason it was now saying I need another 4 GB. And my download speed would continually drop to fractions of a megabyte per second. I would have to pause the download, then restart it for the speed to go back to normal. No other game has done this and no other system has had problems or any other device in my house. Connection test on PS4 claims 178 mbps.

4 Controller became unresponsive for about 10 seconds when accessing the Home menu toolbar in Astro’s Playroom. Only happened once, but it’s worth noting.

I should mention, however, that I have not had issues with any of the following:

1 Rest mode. It’s worked fine for me and I haven’t had any issues. I turned it off out of paranoia when I first got the system but then I decided if it has issues I want to know about it as soon as possible, because if it’s hardware related I need a replacement. Then again, I haven’t really played much of Spiderman or Demon Souls so, maybe I just haven’t encountered the issue yet.

2 External SSD. Yes, I had issues with GoT update, but that aside, the external SSD hasn’t presented any other problems. And since I found a way around that issue it’s been smooth sailing ever since.

So ya, I’ve definitely encountered a few problems thus far, but none of them have been too serious. That said, I hate how buying digital copies of physical games you have installed does not simply unlock the game. You have to delete that installation and re-download the digital version. Since I switched over to digital a few days after launch, I had to do this for about 15 games, and it was a pain after having already installed by disc. It’s also worth noting that save backups are now behind a subscription service paywall like Switch. You can still manually back up but you have to be a PS plus member to restore those saves or auto back up. Truthfully, I never had a problem with it on Switch because, to me, $20/yr for auto cloud backups is a fair trade off. And I feel the same way here- I’m not mad about them charging for backups with no other option. But I’m not sure I want to pay $60 a year for it yet. We’ll see how much I end up playing the system down the line. Since they seem to store your saves for quite a while it might be better to just pay for a month for $10 every year or so and refresh the backups. Then just pay to restore if you ever need it.

Thoughts On The System After 1 Week
As for the system itself, my biggest takeaways are that the system is fast and the HD rumble is great. In fact, the HD rumble is substantially better than that in the Switch Pro Controller. Of course, that’s probably because the rumble on that system was designed around using separated joycon. When playing that way, the rumble is just as impressive, and it has the advantage of directional rumble standing out due to each hand having its own joycon. Unfortunately, it was never that great in the Pro Controller. So I’m rather impressed they figured out a way to make it feel as good as it does in a traditional controller. I also don’t hate the triggers. Before launch, I was sure I would hate them and turn them off, but so far, they’re kinda neat.

And the gyro is top notch. This is my favorite aspect of the controller- the improved gyro. The magnetometer they’re using to keep it from drifting is groundbreaking. Rumble is nice- now we have two systems that offer better rumble. Triggers are neat little addition. And gyro is crucial- I refuse to play any game with aiming that doesn’t incorporate it. But the Achilles heel of gyro is the drift. Usually that’s not a problem when you’re using a Gyro analog hybrid control scheme because the right analog is still being used to turn the camera, and you’re only using Gyro to fine-tune your aim so drift isn’t really an issue. But depending how it’s used in some games it can be an issue, especially on Steam when mapped to always be on (not just when aiming). It’s for this reason I usually map it to only toggle on when I’m aiming down a sight. But with the magnometer countering drift and ensuring it stays oriented correctly without IR, that won’t be an issue anymore. And that is absolutely groundbreaking. I don’t know any other way to put it.

Gyro is the number one must have feature for me to even want to play a game with aiming. Playing without Gyro feels so archaic it might as well be two D-pads. So to me, making advancements with gyro technology FAR outshines everything else. This is huge. The caveat is that third parties don’t incorporate Gyro on PlayStation yet. Only Switch, and Steam thanks to their controller config where you can map it in 2 seconds. So it may not be a benefit on this platform but it will still be a benefit on Steam. And, I’m at least noticing a pattern of Sony 1st party incorporating gyro into their games (first it was Days Gone, then TLOU2, now AstroBot), and that is encouraging. It’s how gyro got popular on Switch- 1st party games used it, people tried it, discovered how amazing it is, then started demanding it in 3rd party titles. I’m convinced if it’s ever going to become mainstream on PS5, it starts with Sony using it in all their games. That’s the only way it’ll catch on enough for people to start demanding it from 3rd parties, many of whom are already experienced doing it on Switch (be it Assassins Creed, Saints Row, Metro series, Resident Evil, Sniper Elite, DOOM, etc) which means it won’t be a foreign concept to them.

If Sony can push gyro and get it to catch on, I swear I will drop PC gaming and move back to PS for multiplats. It’s not the only reason I moved to PC, but PS5 is such a great system, and I love how the HDMI CEC auto turns on the tv and switches the input like Switch does (something I could never get to work on my PS4), that I would gladly move to PS5 if gyro was offered (though I’d probably need a 4TB NVMe to hold all the games I would buy- I have used 7 out of 10 TB SSD storage on Steam thus far- but that’s fine, prices will come down over the years).

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Sniper Elite 4, Hyrule Warriors AoC, Pikmin 3, Ori Will of the Wisps
PC: Cyberpunk 2077
PS5: Demons Souls
EXCITED FOR
NS: MH Rise, MH Stories 2, SMTV, Neo TWEWY, Bravely Default 2, Trails of Cold Steel 4, Ys IX

Jesus is Lord.

PSN: jaxonholden

andreoni79

@KidBoruto Are you desperate to own a console that every single day reveals a new problem? Better wait a few months... PS5 is clearly half baked.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett wrote:

Anyone played a 4K Blu-Ray on theirs yet? I’m really intrigued as to how good the player is to be honest, it’s the main reason I want a disc model.

@nessisonett I have! I'm not really a technical person in this regards, but it works and the picture looks great. Just don't expect to be blown away if you are already familiar with 4K UHD. I don't have anything fancy like Atmos and PS5 doesn't support it for games. But I've seem vids on you tube of manual selecting through the TV options and it does work for movies. I've only watched one film so far but I plan to watch more in the coming days. I will let you know if I have anything further to add though!

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Anti-Matter

@KidBoruto
Wait until at least 5 year, probably Slim model of PS5 already available.
I will buy PS5 on year 2025 according to the my plan.
I am a late adopter of PS4 Slim (bought on 1 April 2018) and PS3 Slim (bought on 29 December 2019).

The things i LOVE :
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

PSN: DavidHartonoDDR

carlos82

@nessisonett I played The Dark Knight on it and it looks great, the Batmobile chase scene in particular as its an Imax scene still looks better than most films I've watched since. Now in Ultra HD and with HDR really highlighting things like the burning fire truck, I've not used a dedicated 4K blu ray player but I've been suitably impressed with what I've seen, just remember to take your TV out of game mode for the best results

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Matroska

I just got Spider-Man for PS5, the enhanced version, and I think I'm really missing something about the combat. I just died about 5 minutes into the game when you're in the entrance of the Fisk building. It seems like a chaotic clusterf*ck and I'm still not sure exactly what options I have.

Edit: Okay now the game's totally screwed up. In the middle of combat, Spidey ran off to the left and started climbing a wall. It ignored my controller inputs. I unplugged the controller and plugged it in again and now I get this screen.

Untitled

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

carlos82

@Matroska press circle to dodge incoming enemy fire when seeing the white lines and triangle to zip line straight into enemies who are at range. It does throw you in at the deep end a little bit and if in doubt there is a move list tab in the menu

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Matroska

@carlos82 Thanks. Though I'm a bit worried about playing it now after what I said in the edit of my previous post. I had to force the console to power down as no input did anything, then I got this screen.

Untitled

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

carlos82

@Matroska I've had one instance of the controllers not responding but it was already in rest mode, rebooting fixed it but I didn't get the power down message. I wouldn't worry too much about it being caused by the game, it just seems the console has some stability issues right now which hopefully get ironed put pretty quickly

Grey_Area

I thought the SSD changed the way how games are installed. But I noticed that the copying feature is back when updating Spiderman (PS5 version)

Grey_Area

PSN: InterestingTimes

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic