Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,161 to 2,180 of 4,712

JohnnyShoulder

@Jaz007 A similar thing happened to me when I installed Demon's Souls. It was saying 99 hours to copy lmao. I just started the game up, and by the time I watched the pre-title cut scene, it had finished. Weird.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

redd214

@Th3solution hey sorry, when I got there there was already a group of 15-20 lined around the electronics register so I didn't even bother really. Older lady working the section already looked pretty overwhelmed to say the least lol. Nbd as I already have mine, just trying to help others get one without having to result to scalpers.

The word is Target is the next retailer to be getting a good amount of stock this week. It's already showing up in their inventory and will online/pick up only apparently.

redd214

redd214

redd214 wrote:

@Th3solution hey sorry, when I got there there was already a group of 15-20 lined around the electronics register so I didn't even bother really. Older lady working the section already looked pretty overwhelmed to say the least lol. Nbd as I already have mine, just trying to help others get one without having to result to scalpers.

The word is Target is the next retailer to be getting a good amount of stock this week. It's already showing up in their inventory and will online/pick up only apparently.

Confirmed!! Target is stocked up and will be releasing some ONLINE ONLY in the next couple of days. Target app is probably your best bet to snag one. They seem to only be getting the disc versions as well. Keep an eye out and good luck!

redd214

Th3solution

@redd214 Thanks for the tip. I am signed in and ready to storm the app!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

phil_j

Argos have stock now if anyone is still looking in the UK.

phil_j

JJ2

Digital quick

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Unlucky13

@redd214 Yeah, it looks like your local store has to have them in stock, so its the luck of the draw as far as that's concerned. Mine does not.

Unlucky13

Kidfried

Haven't been as active here recently. Just wanted to share: I have a PS5!

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Huzzuah! Can't wait to read what you think of the console! Hope it all works OK for you and you don't experience any major issues.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

HallowMoonshadow

Long as you're ok @Kidfried is what matters! And yeah like johnny says looking forward to your impressions of the big beefy behemoth that is the PS5

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Mega-Gazz

I started playing The Last of Us Part II, and I have to say - after playing a couple other games on ps5 at consistent 60fps, the 30fps is really hard to go back to. Normally once I’m playing I forget about all that stuff, but every time I pan the camera I cringe at 30fps. This may be the first game that the ps5 ruins for me from sheer spoiled-ness.

Mega-Gazz

Th3solution

@redd214 Looks like the Target stock went in a couple minutes, just like every other place. I’m just not able to hover over the internet consistently enough to be at the ready when they drop. I’m going to keep trying as best I can, but the PS5 shortages is reminiscent of the COVID pandemic .... that is, despite the passage of time and logic would tell you that things will get better over time, the bad news just continues and continues as if it’s the very first day. Neither global crisis looks to end anytime soon.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution You are best trying outside of when retailers announce they have stock. That is when I got both of my consoles. It is not impossible, but you are highly unlikely to beat the scalpers bots that they have. By announcing the times in advance they are playing right into the sclapers hands.

redd214

@Th3solution this Target drop was the best/easiest of the bunch for me. Helped 2 people get consoles and got another for us without much fuss and same day pickup. Keep at it if you want one, difficult but certainly not impossible!

redd214

Th3solution

@redd214 If you hear of any rumors then tag me. For now I’m going to just do like @JohnnyShoulder says and continue with randomized storefront checks and watching the stock sites. I wonder if I’ll be able to get a COVID vaccine first or a PS5... 🤔

nessisonett

@Matroska It’s so incredibly awful. Just think, if they really could afford to chuck £450 into a shredder, how many doses of the Covid vaccine could have been sent to third-world countries? Adding it up, the Oxford vaccine is roughly £3 a dose and requires 1 1/2 doses so £4.50. That’s 100 people who could be vaccinated against Covid instead of chucking a PS5 into a shredder for some clicks.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic