Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,181 to 2,200 of 4,712

nessisonett

@jdv95 I’ve had my email to say it’s in the middle of being delivered, the guy sent it 2nd Class in the post which means it’s probably being delivered by Postman Pat and will take absolutely ages. I’d have happily paid extra if I got it early but I guess I’ve already gotten it for a good price so can’t complain 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

jdv95

@nessisonett well you are lucky to get one in the first place

i guess the post office is facing delays due to high demand for their services in a covid struck time.

jdv95

nessisonett

@jdv95 As long as it arrives before Christmas then we’re golden!

jdv95

might be a bit off topic but i wanted to post it here since it might get more attention.

so i'm looking for a new tv for the ps5. my setup however does not realy allow a 55 inch or higher tv.
and because most tv's with 120 HZ are of that size that option is not available for me.

so now i can go for the 50/60HZ tv for 60 fps gaming.
but the EU has this weird thing where every tv's specs are always in 50HZ. i looked up on the internet several times now to see if 50HZ is problematic for 60 fps gaming and i often see contradicting stories. some say the tv will just switch to 60hz when a console in conected to it,others say that a 50hz panel can only do 50fps,while others say that it can do 60 fps but it will look weird.

any input you guys and girls can give me? just to be sure i'm aiming at a tv ready for 4k 60 fps.

jdv95

nessisonett

@jdv95 I use a 40 inch 4K Samsung which suits my setup as it’s not too large. I assume it’s 60Hz despite being in the UK because I haven’t noticed it not being 60, if that makes sense. The good thing about the size I went for is that HD still looks good and 4K is a noticeable improvement. Just my 2p.

Edited on by nessisonett

NicofSutton

Just hung a 55" on my wall last nite. Haven't looked if it's got the same specs but mine ticks all the boxes for next gen gaming. Cost £679.00 from amazon but that was a black Friday deal though. Absolutely chuffed with this so far.

https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-50nano796ne

Edit just looked £479.00 @ John Lewis so I'd imagine the 43" would be even cheaper.

Edited on by NicofSutton

NicofSutton

NicofSutton

Theres plenty of gaming sites including Push square with info that you need. Take your time look at the specs required to get the most out of your console then make your decision on your wants/needs and budget. Whatever you get if it's a new model tv the picture for wachting tv will be good anyway. It's just the extra bits like Hdmi 2.1 and VRR and low latency you should look out for.
Disclaimer I am no means an expert on 4K TV's.

NicofSutton

Th3solution

@redd214 I’m in the queue! Thanks!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@redd214 A spectacular fail for me, once again. But I did get into the queue this time, so that’s progress. If my stupid LTE cellular internet hasn’t been so stupidly slow, I might have had a chance. As it turned out, I was stuck at work so had limited option except my phone.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RenanKJ

Just realized a feature that I would enjoy a lot on PS5 if implemented: the capability in the OS to mute game audio in favor of Spotify or any other PiP running. Hope Sony does something like that.

RenanKJ

PSN: rkummer

Mega-Gazz

Th3solution wrote:

@redd214 A spectacular fail for me, once again. But I did get into the queue this time, so that’s progress. If my stupid LTE cellular internet hasn’t been so stupidly slow, I might have had a chance. As it turned out, I was stuck at work so had limited option except my phone.

That sucks man....

Mega-Gazz

Th3solution

@Mega-Gazz It’s a small victory that I got further along though. Kinda feels a little like fighting a Soulsborne boss. Every time you die you learn something you did wrong to try a new tactic next time. As long as I’m making it further and further then I know I can eventually beat the b@*#%&!

nessisonett

@Th3solution Wal-Mart Website, Martyr Of The Cosmos approaches

Mega-Gazz

Th3solution wrote:

@Mega-Gazz It’s a small victory that I got further along though. Kinda feels a little like fighting a Soulsborne boss. Every time you die you learn something you did wrong to try a new tactic next time. As long as I’m making it further and further then I know I can eventually beat the b@*#%&!

FWIW I managed to get mine on the 12th, but only because the ebgames website was so completely unprepared for the volume that it was crashing left and right - and buggy to begin with. So after they said they were sold out I had one in my cart from when it was crashing, and just went to pay for the cart. It failed literally 20 times on the payment step with a generic error and I was worried I’d be charged 20 times....or that I’d get a note saying they didn’t actually have one for me ...but it all worked out.

Edit: also I have no proof this worked but I selected express shipping so that they’d ship mine first and some other poor slob would get the “sorry we don’t have one” note.

Edited on by Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz

jdv95

so i finally have a ps5 (digital) but when i go to the library all my ps4 games are missing.

do i need to transfer my ps4 data to the ps5? because i thought i could just re download all my ps4 games from the library without transfering data.

jdv95

Ryall

@jdv95 You need to login with the same account you used on the PS4.

Edited on by Ryall

Ryall

jdv95

@Ryall i have done that. i'm logged in on my only account i have which is the same account as my ps4.

jdv95

Mega-Gazz

jdv95 wrote:

so i finally have a ps5 (digital) but when i go to the library all my ps4 games are missing.

do i need to transfer my ps4 data to the ps5? because i thought i could just re download all my ps4 games from the library without transfering data.

I didn’t transfer anything, just re-downloaded the games I needed. As others have said check the basics like, is it connected to the internet, are you signed into PSN, etc.

Mega-Gazz

Ryall

@jdv95 Will it let you login to the PlayStation store or is it still doing its initial update.

Ryall

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic