Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 4,717

Bentleyma

I'd settle for a remaster of Twin Snakes. I loved that game.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

ralphdibny

@nessisonett fair enough! I do wonder what they could add too, maybe more floors in the warhead storage facility and the tank hangar. Maybe not, I'd make a crummy game designer! Maybe they could add post game content or even remake the game boy color game to play afterward or something, I know it's non canon but I think the only real contradictions in it were Snake meeting Mei Ling for the first time again and Campbell's employment status. Or even include remade metal gear 1+2 before MGS, I duno really - all this is probably best left to the professionals lol

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

@ralphdibny Bluepoint are not really known for adding extra content to the remasters/remakes they work as far as I know. And the article mentioned they don't want to mess this one up. But the game might be a bit on the short side for todays audience. Maybe some extra long cutscenes could be added lol. They do know the franchise too having worked on the HD collection for ps3/360. I imagine it would be a full blown remake to the standard of Demon Souls if they have been working on it for 3 years.

I'm in two minds if I personally think they should leave the structure of the game alone or not. My initial reaction is hell no, leave things like the story alone, just upgrade the graphics and have a modern control scheme. But it has been so long since I played it i probably wouldn't notice unless it was handled like the narrative changes in FF7R.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Mega-Gazz

Heard more blood borne remaster rumours.....

Mega-Gazz

ralphdibny

@JohnnyShoulder I don't know if the cutscenes could get any longer! Especially Liquid's monologue toward the end, i'd take it though if that's all they offered.

That explains the quality of the MGS HD collection then. I picked up other titles with the same branding like the Splinter Cell HD collection which was fine at the time but having played both collections again in the last year, the MGS one is miles ahead of the splinter cell one in terms of quality. The frame rate is smooth, with the only noticeable dips coming in when you fight the dinosaur things in the monster hunter crossover missions in Peace Walker. Splinter Cell HD on the other hand, is choppy as hell.

I think a faithful and upgraded remake would certainly be a sight and an experience to behold. There's a part of me that would like to see that, something in the vein of Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy. But I've played and seen so many expanded or alternate remakes of games and films that are mostly pretty good even if they aren't better than the original that I've lost that "purist" part of me completely. I used to balk at changes, now I just appreciate them for what they are. The original always exists for me. Even when I played the Twin Snakes for the first time at the end of last year that kicked off this most recent play through of MGS games, I still ended up playing the PSX version again at the end of the playthrough as the story came full circle!

If I ever get that MGS Mobile game to work then I'll probably watch the fully voiced Digital graphic novels of MGS1+2 to book end it 😅

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder We can hope at least. Both those games will probably come out before I am able to get my hands on a PS5.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@ralphdibny @JohnnyShoulder I guess the original does encourage replaying the game given that there are two different outcomes depending on the torture scene and subsequently different rewards for finishing the game.

And then there’s playing through for the tuxedo and “Spider-Man” outfit for Grey Fox too!

I wouldn’t want them to mess with it too much. I found the Sonic Mania rebooted levels really disorientating because, even though I hadn’t played the games for over a decade, I knew which bits were from the original levels and so it felt weird when it suddenly changed to something different.

They could stick the VR missions on there maybe?

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I reckon late 21 early, 22. Sony usually likes to space their releases (covid and leaks forced their hands with TLOU2 and GoT) too.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

ralphdibny

@Thrillho that's a good shout, The twin Snakes didn't include any VR missions whatsoever either from the base game or the expansion pack. It did include a bunch of Yoshi's to shoot though

See ya!

Octane

Any chance we'll see God of War at the Game Awards next week? Or do reckon they'll be pushing Horizon instead?

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane I reckon Ratchet and Clank will there myself.

JJ2

Hi everyone. I'm not sure it's the right place but Ive just watched a nice video impression for Outriders, a game I'm looking forward to, and thought I could share here.
I wish the new gen specifics were known though.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Octane

@JohnnyShoulder We've seen quite a bit of it already. I could be at the TGA, but I don't think it has that ''oomph'' factor GOW has. Thinking about it, we haven't seen a proper trailer for GOW, whereas the next Horizon trailer will probably be a gameplay trailer, but I don't think TGA is the place for 5+ minute gameplay trailers. But I could totally see a trailer for R&C early during the show, and GOW at the very end for example.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane Or Kojima could pop in to see his friend Geoff with Silent Hills!

ShaiHulud

All these rumours about a new Silent Hill make me feel all giddy! I'm trying not to hold out too much hope though because a) there's still nothing confirmed and b) the amount of good-quality Silent Hill games after the ps2 is not that impressive.

I also read something about a new Castlevania game, but that's probably wishful thinking.

Sic semper tyrannis

redd214

For anyone in the US who still needs a PS5, lots of success stories this morning about being able to purchase in store at Walmarts. Though they still show out of stock on their website it seems many stores have a limited amount of stock in store that they will sell you. Be mindful they probably wont be on the shelves and you may have to coerce the staff into looking for them for you. Check brickseek to see local stock. My nearest one is showing stock, going to head over there now!!

redd214

mookysam

Ugh Spider-Man Remastered is strangely buggy. I love the game, it looks really nice (aside from the odd graphical glitch or floating police car) and performance is good. Only problem is I haven’t had a game crash this much in a very long time, and it’s really annoying when it’s in the middle of a mission.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Th3solution

@redd214 So what’s your follow-up results? Did your Wal-Mart let you buy any of the in-store stock?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jaz007

So I got DMC5 special edition, and whole Vergil is awesome so far, after it installed what it needed to start playing and I booted it up, it’s now telling me (with the game closed) the at it needs 10 hours to finish copying the disc. Something is very wrong here.
Edit: I restarted the system and it’s still crawling, just gradually increasing the time it’ll need. This is ridiculous. This should be taking 20 minutes max for 20GB.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Jaz007

I deleted it and restarted and it worked.
Weird. It should be able to start and stop the copy.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic