Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 4,717

JJ2

@RenanKJ
To answer your question from my point of view. For PS4 I waited for a game I wanted. It was ISS.
For PS5 there are many games there I want day 1.
It's an exceptional lineup for the first year

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

nessisonett

@JJ2 To be fair, we don’t really know yet if it’s an exceptional lineup. The Xbox 360 had Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero, two hugely anticipated games at launch and neither of them lived up to the expectations at the time. Things happen.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JJ2

@nessisonett
Opinion.
My daughter thinks PS4 had an exceptional day 1 launch line up.

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

nessisonett

@JJ2 Yes, because it’s happened. The games are out there for all to play. The PS5’s launch hasn’t happened yet. Yes, the games look good but stranger things have happened.

redd214

Worth a shot if you missed the initial rush, more info in the replys

redd214

Octane

@BAMozzy Yeah, I agree with all of that, but that also proves my point. Exclusives allow the platform holder to make games that may not be possible otherwise, because the end goal of an exclusive game is to sell consoles, to make profit (well, indirectly yes, but you get my point). And because of the higher profit margins, they can take bigger risks. And even if it doesn't make all the money, it's still good PR. A good amount of games I play are exclusives, be it from Sony, or Nintendo. They generally tend to be better than most third party offerings IMO.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@JJ2 I wonder how long Fallout 4 will be part of the PS Plus collection?

@nessisonett You are on a proper poo pooing mission recently! 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JJ2

@JohnnyShoulder
I wonder how the whole game collection is going to evolve. 🤷‍♂️

JJ2

I'm glad Cerny went with 3rd party SSD expansion.
It will be expensive too in the first year but it's more likely to give plenty of choice as time goes.

Edit
If they did this, there would be riots now.

Edited on by JJ2

Octane

Yeah, let's wait and see how expensive the options are going to be on PS5...

Octane

MightyDemon82

@JJ2 Ouch that will sting. For the first year or so I'm just going to get the games on disc as I have a massive digital backlog anyway. Might even limit myself to first party games unless I hear really great things about other big games, That way I don't have to worry about storage for a while!

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

BAMozzy

@Octane Those higher profit margins would exist regardless of whether the game is exclusive or not on their platform. They could entice you to buy the hardware by making all first party games available 1 month sooner on Playstation and offer bigger discounts on their first party items in the store for example as 'incentive' to be a Playstation owner.

Being the best platform (whatever that means to someone) should be the reason to buy - not forced to buy because it has a few games a year different to everyone else. Being the 'best' could mean best value, best controller, most powerful, best features, best package - etc. I doubt Sony would suddenly not sell any consoles just because all games are available to everyone. No doubt they would entice you buy their platform based on hardware and services (Game Pass, PS+ etc) or could even find online charges gone.

Games would still have the big profit margins on their own platforms and would generate income from being sold to a much larger user base. Exclusives cannot reach the numbers that 3rd party can, they are never going to sell to their potential. It works both ways too and whilst I know MS may not have had many exclusives this past gen, you wouldn't miss out on games like Starfield, Elder Scrolls, Doom, Hellblade or any other games that are or could be exclusives in the future. On other platforms, Sony would be just another Publisher and on their own hardware, can still use their software to entice you to sign up by offering incentives like early access, beta access, discounts in store - maybe do something like Game Pass so you get their first party games day 1 whilst the rest of world pays full price.

Point is, they could offer other incentives, still use 'first party' software to entice you to buy their platform in some way without limiting the games to that platform. As a 'Sony' platform holder, you could get early access, discounts etc on first party software and still play EVERY game released without having to buy Xbox for example...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

BAMozzy

@JJ2 I have a feeling that Sony's solution will be a lot more expensive per TB as it has a lot more bandwidth and a lot more channels too. You will need a PCIe 4.0 SSD that 'fits' inside - meaning that you will have to remove the internal storage that comes with the console and replace it with one that fits and can be cooled by the System. That means that to get a 2TB console, you will need to buy a 2TB internal SSD where as on MS's console, you just need to buy a 1TB expansion.

Also, with the external solution, you can buy multiple cards and effectively have 'limitless' storage - OK so you may have to swap cards if you want to play a game on a different card - but you have that option. On Sony''s, if you want to increase your storage again, you would have to buy a 3 or 4TB internal (assuming these exist and fit). I don't know if you will be able to buy a second internal and just swap them back and forth - but in any case its a lot more hassle than just taking a card out and putting in another.

I am not saying one is a better solution than the other, just that I expect Sony's solution will be more expensive because of the need for PCIe 4.0 to 'work' like their own internal solution. I know MS's is 'expensive' right now but if that's £200 for a TB with NVMe, how much do you think PCIe 4.0 2TB will cost?

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

phil_j

@BAMozzy Where you getting the having to remove the internal storage bit from? Pretty sure Cerny said there will be an expansion slot.

phil_j

SirAngry

@BAMozzy good luck removing the PS5's SSD, it's soldered onto the motherboard. Let me know how that goes. I expect you to upload a video screwing up your PS5.

Edited on by SirAngry

SirAngry

JJ2

@phil_j
I told him long ago but its like he s in his own bubble. Idk

JohnnyShoulder

@SirAngry And an invalidated warranty no doubt.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@Octane Oh but it’s not proprietary so it’s ok. You hear that, the sounds of goalposts shifting?

JJ2

@Octane
I said it would be expensive the first year (even though its faster).
People try to put words in my mouth of course.
I wonder why??? 🤔

Edit
Yes I know why.
Keyboard fighting, keyboard warrior stuff. Ridiculous

Edited on by JJ2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic