Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 4,881 to 4,900 of 6,458

Th3solution

@KilloWertz Haha! My dreams aren’t even that long. My dreams are like a Returnal flashback scene — a bunch of imagery that doesn’t make any sense. 😂

But on the subject of FF7R, I just got past Hellhouse Holy Toledo that was a tough one. What an epic fight!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KilloWertz

@Th3solution Not as long as MGS4's 90-ish minute ending? which I actually loved, btw

Definitely. I had a hell of a time (no pun intended) with it when I played it on PS4, but when I played it on the PS5 it was A LOT easier. I think I beat it on the first try, but I also did it a lot smarter than I did the first time.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Th3solution

@KilloWertz Yeah, all this talk of MGS has be hungering for a little Kojima action-stealth-crazy storytelling.
@colonelkilgore has me on the precipice of booting up MGS2. I think I need to play it before the [second] remaster comes out. Looks like it’s the one game in the series that will get the two time remaster. MGS1 hasn’t been remastered, and MGS3 is getting a remake instead of a another remaster. I’m still not sure why MGS1 wouldn’t be the one chosen to get the full remake treatment. And we need a MGS4 remaster for PS5 with all the Ray tracing, 3D audio, 60 FPS, haptic goodness.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution sorry if I’ve droned on about it lately, it’s been a hectic couple of weeks what with the new house, so the odd half hour here and there on MGS2 has been a most welcome escape. Out of interest, have you played it previously or will it be your first time?

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore So, I played parts of the game with a friend, years ago. And then I fell off and never really completed it. Part of it was that my friend went on to finish it and spoiled some of the game to me and I just never got around to playing it. It’s the only mainline entry that I didn’t complete. It’s been so long now since my friend spoiled the game for me that I’ve forgotten most everything about it.

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution well if you take the leap, I hope my recent gushing of it won’t have set your expectations so high that it’d be impossible for it to reach.

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution @colonelkilgore I just completed Chapter 6 of FF7R, I thought that the puzzles were ok, easy to get lost in that level, like you were saying, sol, I can see why you found it tiresome by the end of that level, but still, it was so satisfying getting the final bit of it done, there seems to be some discrepancy about when you can control/heal certain characters during combat, those actions don't seem to be available 100% of the time but maybe I just hit a bug. Looking forward to beginning Chapter 7 properly.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah I remember Chapter 6 being a little bit annoying in terms of navigation and back-tracking etc. nice going getting through it considering you may have suffered some bug in terms of healing 👍

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman It’s a little confusing at times with a lot going on during combat, so perhaps you were trying to heal when the character’s ATB bar hasn’t filled yet. And depending on who has the Healing materia equipped, only that person can do the cure spells. Whereas anyone can use a potion.
I hope you’re still enjoying the game. It gets better, in my opinion. Just had a boss fight that was quite epic.

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Was it Hell house? at the end of Chapter 9? I did a bit of research looking ahead and apparently that is the hardest boss in the game - did you beat it?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah, that’s the one. I got it on my second attempt, after I researched some of the tactics. I think you’ll enjoy it, given your appreciation for tough bosses through the Souls games. You’ll need to use your elemental spells wisely and be quick on your feet to respond to the boss’s constantly changing status. And be sure to have plenty of healing capacity. Aerith’s limit break was a life saver in that regard.

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Just defeated Airbuster how much harder is the boss you just defeated than him? 'cause that fight certainly wasn't easy, neither was Reno afterwards, how much harder is Hell House than those bosses? I have estimated that I should have about 50 potions and 8 Hi-potions on me by the time Aerith and I encounter it, think that'll be enough?

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman Hellhouse is a step up tbh. It’s a noticeable spike in difficulty but certainly not impossible. Try it a few times and if you’re unsuccessful try changing up your party and materia etc.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman I’ll try not to spoil too much but just a little basic advice— First of all, congrats on beating Airbuster! I thought that fight was awesome! I loved the visual spectacle of it all and it was fun to switch up and have to adjust techniques through the phases. As for Hellhouse, It’s definitely harder, imo. You should be fine with your potions there and you’ll have ample opportunity to get more before then if you want. Be sure to use Aerith’s healing skills like her limit break and I had Cloud carrying a healing materia too so he could also heal if needed. Probably the main thing is to have all the elemental materia equipped if you can, so ice, fire, wind, and lightning. Because you’ll need to be able to cast all the different elements at various times. You’ve still got quite a bit of time until that boss so you can use it to get accustomed to Aerith and her style and strengths. You should try to use this time to level up your materia, so try to at least level up a couple of the elemental materia to the second level if you haven’t already, as well as your healing materia. I had two of them even up to the third level I think. Have some Phoenix downs and/or the Revival materia if you’re wanting to be conservative and to be able to revive downed characters. And play around with some of the other materia and skills to get a feel for what you like so you can have those leveled up too. Try to get all the Battle Intel upgrades through Chadley and do his VR missions which will not only help tune your skills but will allow you to get the new materia he will be able to offer. Also be sure you’re using your points to level up your weapons according to your playstyle. For Cloud I have been using the Iron Blade for most of the game, but I like the new sword that you are able to buy in the area coming up even better. Triple Slash is a great skill but the new one is even better. Anyways, like I say, you have quite a bit of time before you have to face Hellhouse; Lots of other battles and quests to do.
Overall, have fun with it and enjoy the upcoming new setting and storyline!

Edited on by Th3solution

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah good mate, gonna be starting the last playthrough on ‘extreme’ sometime this afternoon. The ‘hard’ playthrough was a test so this will be interesting at the very least. Once I’ve got this out of the way it’s on to the Demons Souls remake, so pretty excited for that as you can imagine.

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Thanks for that long and detailed "basic" post of advice, sol, I very much appreciate it, I'll be sure to take all your advice on board and hopefully that boss will be a bit easier to defeat by the time I face it.

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore Yeah cool, dude, be sure to tag me when you're playing through DeS on PS5 as I'll be curious to know what your impressions are.

LtSarge

I'm halfway through The Evil Within now and the game has been absolutely bonkers so far. Really long as well, I think I've played roughly 9 hours or so now, so I still have quite a long way to go. But I'm really enjoying it thus far, it's more of a linear experience than Resident Evil and I think that's refreshing. There are also not as many puzzles, which is not necessarily a bad thing because the pacing of the game is very good as a result. You spend so much time scavenging for resources that if you spent even more time trying to solve puzzles, the game would become very dull. The balance between tense atmosphere and enemy encounters is great as well. I constantly have to move slowly because there might be traps in the darkness that I don't see if I quickly run through the areas.

The game is also quite challenging but I think that's a good thing since that aspect is forcing me to use every weapon at my disposal instead of only relying on e.g. the revolver and the shotgun. I've barely used the crossbow's other bolts but in the latest chapter I was forced to use them since I was running low on ammo with my other weapons. And I discovered that the freeze bolt is also really good at clearing out groups of enemies, so I'm definitely going to upgrade that one whenever I can. Speaking of upgrade, the progression system is seriously really deep and compelling in this game. There are so many different things you can upgrade, e.g. for the revolver alone there are 5-6 different parts to upgrade and then each part can be upgraded numerous times. The gameplay loop as a whole is one of the best I've ever seen in a horror game. This game is just so much fun to play and really spooky, I'm loving it so much.

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic