Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,701 to 5,720 of 6,464

MaulTsir

@sorteddan honestly I have no clue what any of it meant, I think that there's about 3 or 4 other games that you can play that mabye help understand it if you where right in to them, but I just enjoyed then for what they where lol

MaulTsir

Thrillho

@ThereThere @Th3solution I really liked Night in The Woods. The “millennial slacker” humour can get a bit tiresome but I loved the cast.

I was slightly disappointed with the direction the story took at the end but overall I was really cool and covered loads of interesting themes.

Some quite funny trophies too but annoying the game needs three(?) play throughs to get the plat.

Thrillho

XandertheWise

@MaulTsir so far Im currently at the Monsters Inc world in Kingdom Hearts III.

Kingdom Hearts 1 im still at the very end of the game to deal with the final boss. that and the Chain of Memories remake for one of the HD Collections for my Playstation 3

XandertheWise

CJD87

@KidBoruto Likewise, I've never played WoW either.... but I think the episode really nails the whole gaming/MMO culture!

I love that line about how they'll beat the guy that is basically slaughtering the whole MMO population.

"But how can we kill something...that has no life?" Ha so good

CJD87

MaulTsir

@XandertheWise yes I remember that last boss fight on number 1 a real pain in the...you know what.
Number 3 I think was my favourite, just the mechanics, gameplay and worlds where all so much better.

MaulTsir

Lavalera

@CJD87 that episode still makes me laugh so hard. It shows what can happen if people get obsessed with or even addicted to a certain game. During my years playing mmorpg like wow and a few other I met those types, who don't playing anything else than the same game for days on end without sleeping. It's so recognizable. Even if I go and watch that episode today I'll still laugh at every joke since especially for us gamers it's so recognizable

PSNid: Lavalera

Thrillho

@ThereThere It’s quite a fun distraction that game! If you’re trophy hunting, I assume you know about how to get the “true” ending for Demon Tower?

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

Finally made a start (I say start, I put a few hours in a couple of years ago before dropping it) on Ghost Recon: Breakpoint… surprisingly half-decent!

**** DLC!

HallowMoonshadow

So @Th3solution, @RogerRoger & @Thrillho I started Ghost Of Tsushima.

Well actually I started it last week not long after I posted about getting it.

I didn't really like it.

In fact... I... didn't even finish the prologue

I thought the combat felt sticky. Kinda like how I feel about the Batman games, Shadow of Mordor/War, Spider-Man. I'm not the biggest fan of that style of combat system at all (though Spider-Man's easily has the best version of it).

I wasn't really invested in it either and I really didn't like how little control I had in that starting section either.

That opening charge where you're basically on rails and can't move at all really got on my pip in particular for some reason.

I don't know what kinda mood I was in to be honest as thankfully I played I again yesterday and had a much better time with it.

Only about an hour of play but I did the prologue again from scratch (I chose japanese dialogue this time but switched back to english when I got back to where I left off).

I only managed to actually complete the prologue this time and then liberated an inn not to far off from where you meet Yuna again in the first chapter near a fishing village?

I still need to get used to the combat. After YS VIII's super fast hacky slashy button mash fest I've really got to get to grips with the much more methodical and deliberate combat of Ghost is but my first impressions were way off from how it actually is.

Died like 5 times but I was enjoying it. Can't wait til I get a bow though and maybe more stealth options too.

It looks very nice too even on my PS4 slim. So colourful and vibrant with the fields of white flowers or even the grass looking very nice and lush.

The fans on my PS4 were going insane though, especially in this dang heat 😄

I also messed around with photo mode a little of course. It's been a while though so i'm quite out of shape using one... I'll maybe post a few I took later on

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@HallowMoonshadow Me getting ready to respond..

Untitled

But I’m glad it might be clicking with you now. I much preferred the Japanese dialogue for the immersion but I’m sure I’d have gone with English if I wasn’t so used to subtitles on the Yakuza games!

The combat can get a bit samey but in the early game there are loads of new moves, stances, and gear to unlock to mix things up (and look super cool whilst doing it of course).

A lot of the game is standard open world fare but I think they refined a lot of it but most of all I just enjoyed the overall setting and vibe of the game.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@HallowMoonshadow I’m glad you went back for a second try. The opening sequence isn’t very representative of the gameplay at large and what you’ll spend most of your time doing. Its of course much less linear when you get into the meat of the game. And as far as the combat, I guess I never thought about it being a version of the rhythm brawler counter system popularized by the Arkham games, but I guess now I can see the similarities. If you’re a fan more of the stealth combat style, I think you’ll be pleased as the options open up. In fact I felt the stealth was a wee bit OP, so I tried to mix up my approach 50-50, but you can definitely play most of the game stealth if you want. (Not to spoil anything but I’m pretty sure Sucker Punch was open about the integration of stealth with the title of the game 😅) The non-stealth combat is more ‘tactical’ as opposed to ‘rapid aggressive’, but I guess that’s an attempt to mimic the way samurai fight? I’m not sure.

The star of the show is definitely the visuals and the art style, no doubt. Quite lovely in motion and although screenshots have such gorgeous potential, I love how the game looks while playing it. The photo mode has some cool effects that you can add that try to capture that feeling of movement though, so have fun playing around with that! 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

Ha ha I can only assume that gif sums up nicely of whay nearly all the Ghost fans were like reading that post before the positive switch in tone @Thrillho 😂

The lip synching for the JP dialogue (or rather the lack of it in the PS4 version) was what ultimately threw me off of using it.

From what I heard I wouldn't say one perfomance was better then the other but it was only the first 30 mins or so so it wasn't a whole lot to compare either.

I don't think I've ever only played a game once and then dropped it even if I was disliking it @Th3solution.

I certainly never would've left Ghost from a single, barely 40 minute go of it. I just wanted to give it that second chance before posting about my first impressions with it too 😄

I totally messed around with ther particle effects suvh as fireflies, leaves, ash and all that jazz quite a bit in the photo mode when I took a few shots.

Bit disappointed by the lack of framing options/borders, stamps taking up pretty much all the screen and therefore pointless, some more effects/filters would've been nice and the depth of field seemed to function a bit weird to me compared to other photo modes i've tried but i'll get used to it.

... Though with the sword glint option maybe I can get some lens flare like effects going with it

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@HallowMoonshadow I look forward to seeing what you can do with the photo mode, as well as how you get along with the game as you (hopefully) make your way through it. I’m optimistic that you’ll find a level of enjoyment, but I can’t be sure. I think the hype for the game might be a tad overplayed so I’m not going to add to that. Personally I loved the game, but it’s very much a classic open-worlder with a few sprinkles of Sony spice.

I am currently playing Immortals:Fenyx Rising (among others) and although the Ubisoft formula is well-worn, they do have a way of making open world exploration addictive and SP definitely took a page out of the Book of Ubi. One of the key differences (and what most people think is an improvement) is that the ‘Tales’ side activities are a little more overt in their attempt to be clear storylines and less about filler content. Still, as with any open world game, GoT has as much filler as you want, so if you like to explore around and just kill random Mongols over and over and chase foxes, there’s plenty of diversions to be had.

The platinum is very obtainable with a thorough playthrough, if that’s your bag.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@HallowMoonshadow I didn’t notice too many issues with the lip sync. The bigger issues of the Japanese dialogue are not knowing what the background chatter is when in villages, and trying the read the subtitles while riding on horseback!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@HallowMoonshadow Kudos for going back and giving Jin a fair shake! Sounds like you and I had similar wobbles, with the key difference being that you've gotten yours out of the way far, far sooner than I did. That'll hopefully stand you in good stead for the other 99.8% of the game you've yet to play, and won't see you taking an extended vacation from Tsushima like I had to.

There's no such thing as a perfect Photo Mode, but Ghost of Tsushima comes closer than most. What it lacks in some options, it more than makes up for with its bespoke features, like the particle density sliders, environmental freeze frames and the sword glint. I'm sure you'll adapt to it soon, and that you'll be taking some absolutely breathtaking shots! Can't wait to see 'em!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jimmer-jammer

Finished up a slew of smaller games and was gonna start Horizon Forbidden West but finally took the plunge on Assassins Creed Origins on a whim instead. Not disappointed thus far.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

So I’ve probably put around 20-30 hours in on Ghost Recon: Breakpoint now and I’m almost embarrassed to say (as it seemed to get so much hate at release) that I’m having an absolute ball 😅!

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic