Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 3,601 to 3,620 of 5,729

render

I came, I saw, I blew stuff up for #46 - Resogun. That 1CC trophy to play through arcade mode on experienced difficulty without losing all lives ended up being one tough cookie. I almost did it on the first try and then couldn't get near it again for what seems like a week 😅

render

colonelkilgore

Well done @render, I had a brief blast on this a few months ago and thought it was great tbh… don’t be surprised if I drop you a message for some advice on this one 😉

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

render

@colonelkilgore Cheers man, it's a really great game. So addictive and just plays so well, you can see that some of that filtered into Returnal - in fact a few of the sound effects are identical. There's still loads of the game to play such as survival mode which has it's own trophies so I might see about doing those at some point but I'm tempted to get back to Nex Machina first.

Happy to give any advice on Resogun if you ever need it but I reckon with your skills you'll make a lot easier work of it than I did 😀

render

RogerRoger

@render Nicely done! Gettin' close to the big five-oh. Any idea what you'll mark that milestone with?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

@render
Good work. Sounds like you had fun with it.
Strangely it's one of the Housemarque games I've never gotten around to, may have to rectify that.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

render

@RogerRoger @sorteddan Cheers guys 👍

Yeah the big five-oh, you know I've not really thought about it. I tend to just play what I feel like at that particular time so really it might be a last minute decision when it comes round to it. It would be nice to play that milestone out though so I'll perhaps try and get some ducks in order and announce it at some point 😁

render

colonelkilgore

@render ahh your too kind mate. The one (the initial one anyway) that I was struggling to understand was the trophy in regards to saving all humans. I only had a brief go on the game but I always seemed to have no idea when a human would be released from their… erm… box… and when they did end up being released, I’d be too far away to prevent them from being killed.

I’m sure that I was missing something really simple but have no idea what? 🤷‍♂️

**** DLC!

render

@colonelkilgore Yeah I get you as I had a similar problem. On going back to the game I realised that I'd also forgotten quite how that mechanic worked and it took me a while before I realised where I was going wrong.

The "keepers" that have trapped your humans can be many different types of enemies. In a lot of cases they are on rails and you will see the faint outline of a track that a train of these cog like enemies will appear on. They also have a glowing green outline to further enhance their keeperiness(?). Those on rail ones are effectively fixed in a specific area of the game space and will usually spawn very near to where you are currently, unless that is you are in a panic and you are moving a lot which makes it a lot harder. Generally as long as you don't move too far away from your position when you hear the keeper message you will see them.

The ones that are tricker to find are the ones not on rails. They can be many different types from the smaller faster moving ships to ground based ones to the much bigger spinning ships you get in later levels. Sometimes they can come from right round the map so you might have to start looking around for those if you don't see them straight away. To further complicate things some groups need shooting in order and you will see only one in green to start with, the others will be in red and change to green once you've destroyed the first. Basically the best thing to do is just play the levels in rookie mode so you will get used to where they come from and if you miss one just restart the level as they are quite quick to play through on that mode.

For the difficultly related trophies you don't need to save all the humans but there are certain ones that are advantageous to do so as they will help your run e.g. extra lives and bombs. Those are always the same in the sequence though so on some levels might be the last 2, some might be 2 and 5 etc. Generally the rule of thumb is to only save them if you aren't putting yourself in danger as even on my experienced run last night I made the stupid decision to try and save a human I knew would give me an extra life only to go and lose my current life along with the human I was saving 🤦‍♂️

@ThereThere Cheers 👍

Edited on by render

render

colonelkilgore

@render brill, cheers for the in-depth explanation. It doesn’t make total sense to me right now… but I have a feeling that it will after I’ve re-dipped my toe 😉

**** DLC!

Lavalera

@render gz on the new shiny!

@colonelkilgore @ThereThere thanks guys.

I got #7 yesterday as well. Another really short but excellent one What remains of Edith Finch. Brilliant game. Now I'm working on concrete genie and Doki Doki literature club. Trying to complete them before Stray which I want as nr 10 and then I'm going to calm down a bit with longer games again haha

PSNid: Lavalera

colonelkilgore

@Lavalera congrats on What Remains of Edith Finch… I always heard it was one of those games that didn’t have a plat 🤔… might have to add this to the list 😉

**** DLC!

Lavalera

@render thanks m8!
@colonelkilgore thanks m8! It does have one but it isn't that hard it's only 9 trophies total which most I has to get by doing chapter select after the game. It's a pretty fast one with 3 hours or something for the plat but well worth it.

@ThereThere I know right, it's so well made and even though it's short all the parts were well crafted and all stories felt different but connected. The part were I didn't get enough from was the part with the rubber duckies, felt like a little child again somehow haha.

Edited on by Lavalera

PSNid: Lavalera

RogerRoger

@render Yeah, after asking you whether you'd try and make your fiftieth platinum something special, I went back and looked at my own milestones. Sufficed to say, none of them were anything particularly memorable (as evidenced by the fact that I had to go back and look 'em up in the first place)! It's something that's nice to do where possible, I reckon, but I listen to my gut more often than not nowadays, which invariably wrecks any sort of mid-to-long-term planning.

@Lavalera Excellent work on your seventh, and best of luck aiming for that tenth!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

render

@RogerRoger I sometimes forget what I was playing yesterday so it's likely I will also forget anything I've put down as a milestone. Still it's nice to do as a mini celebration of the fact that you've reached that many. I'm looking forward to getting a few more done so that I can set that 50th up but these next ones are probably going to be slow ones anyway.

When I had more time to game with the kids we'd do a few easy going ones but they just want to play Harry Potter Lego these days so I've let them get on with that. They are way more into that world than I am so I'm probably best left out of it 😆

render

RogerRoger

@render Oh blimey, LEGO platinums take forever anyway, so it sounds like you won't have to worry about what your fiftieth will be for a while yet, as your kids'll be hogging the console for months!

Making It So Since 1987

render

@RogerRoger Luckily a friend returned my PS4 that he'd borrowed so I've now bought that back into service. The kids have been playing Harry Potter on that so I can get on the PS5 and then when my wife wants to play Returnal I've been playing a PS4 game instead. That Lego platinum is a long way off still though 😀

render

RogerRoger

@render Sounds like quite the console juggling act, but I'm glad you've got options, at least!

Making It So Since 1987

WCB

So I decided to finally clean up TLoU Remastered and started off doing an Easy run first to grab all collectibles and stuff. I made good headway today, but I missed one conversation, the hotel one with the dead bodies in the bathtub.

Question for the veterans, will I be able to clean that up later with chapter select? Or at least NG+?

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

colonelkilgore

@WCB iirc yeah you can get in on ng+… not 100% though

Edit. Just done a quick Google and it sounds like you’re golden 👊

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic