Forums

Topic: The trophy discussion thread.

Posts 2,301 to 2,320 of 2,324

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Be careful if you do decide to download Jedi: Fallen Order on PS5 and transfer your save, as I've heard it can be a little glitchy. Previous platinum people have reported unlocking 95% of the list, unable to re-earn one or two missing trophies that failed to pop.

@colonelkilgore My thanks, Colonel!

@Ralizah Congratulations on that God of War platinum! Particularly since I saw one of its boss fights kept you burning the midnight oil back there; nicely done!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger @colonelkilgore Putting aside that I don't think the level design is well set-up for backtracking to find collectibles (a gripe I'll likely get into it in my eventual review), I had a lot more fun with the optional and post-game content than I did the main campaign. It was really nice being able to play the game at my own pace.

Ragnarok won't be a day one buy (I didn't love this like I did Horizon), but I definitely think I'll get it eventually.

Currently Playing
The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Keith_Zissou

Congratulations @Ralizah, good job, this is on my 2022 list of exclusives to beat. The world seems to love it!

The concept of absurdity is something I'm attracted to.

PSN: Bundersvessel

Iver

@Ralizah Massive congratulations to you on the platinum! My hope is just to simply complete it. Maybe one day.

@RogerRoger You are quite, quite mad! Huge respect for taking the long way around to a repeat platinum of a game and franchise you clearly have a lot of love for. Great work on Sonic, too!

Iver

RogerRoger

Iver wrote:

@RogerRoger You are quite, quite mad!

Well... yeah, I thought everybody knew that already...?

In all seriousness, thanks! I was gonna replay it eventually anyway, so it worked out nicely. If the platinum requirements had been more taxing, like something difficulty related, then I'd have definitely imported a save, but it's just such a pleasant, calming list to systematically work through. I'm sure we all have platinums that we wouldn't mind earning again, right?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Iver

@RogerRoger That's an interesting question and now I think of it I know I've done it with both Skyrim and LA Noire so perhaps I'm a little out of bounds too. 😅

Iver

Th3solution

Would you all like to have the option to re-earn platinums? Ok could see a system whereby Sony would allow a person to restart a game with a cleared trophy list and be able to earn them all again. Then maybe you’d have a superscript number above the trophy indicating you’ve earned the platinum twice (or three times, or four…). Maybe it would be worth 1/2 the number of “points” toward your overall PSN level on your second run, then 1/3 value for your third run, etc….

Personally, I can’t think of a platinum that I’d drop my current games to go back to re-earn, but I’m sure there are some I’d eventually like to do.

@RogerRoger @Iver

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

RogerRoger

@Iver Well okay, but would you have re-earned those platinums for Skyrim and L.A. Noire if some kind of save transfer / auto-pop system been in place? I appreciate the self-deprecating reply but I think this current generational transition has thrown up an interesting question.

Which brings me to what @Th3solution asks and y'know what? Yeah, I'd love a system like that. Because there's no rule that says you can't replay a game you've already platinumed but, despite several strong urges to replay games I've already platinumed just for fun, I usually stop myself with the thought that I should be putting my time towards something "more productive" (i.e. something with new trophies to earn). Alas, I don't think such a system would ever be implemented, because it would incentivise players to stick with the games they already have, instead of buying more.

Making It So Since 1987

Iver

@RogerRoger I can say with the utmost certainty that I wouldn't have. It's possible I may do it on something such as a sports game through sheer volume of play but it's typically not something I would seek out. The ability to redo them might lead to more playability though as I do find myself drifting away from games I enjoy when there's no longer that occasional ping of achievement. It's a curious one!

Iver

RogerRoger

@Iver I'm grateful for your honesty! And I take your point about sports games and other times where a platinum might just unlock itself naturally after many, many hours.

It's remarkable how much impact trophies have had on my (and our) gaming perseverance. Particularly since I can still remember the day I earned my first trophy, when I physically recoiled at the annoying audio-visual distraction during gameplay. I immediately went looking for the setting to turn them off but nowadays, trophy notifications are the only notifications I make sure to leave on!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

There’s the platinum for Donut County

A silly but fun little game and a few clever trophies. Only 2-3 hours or something to complete and mop up the last few.

Well worth the few pounds it costs in the sale at the moment.

Thrillho

Cornaboyzzz

#314 Final Fantasy VII - It's never been my favorite in the series, but it's still a legendary game. With PS Now bringing a few FF in the coming months, I guess I'll be going on a trip down memory lane. But first, it's time for the Remake !

Cornaboyzzz

RogerRoger

Congratulations to @Thrillho and @Cornaboyzzz there!

Making It So Since 1987

jdv95

far cry 6 marks my 19th platinum! around 45 hours give or take.

a great game. loved my time with it.

jdv95

Gremio108

After a slow season for platinums (thank you Hitman 2016), I've earned a few in quick succession.

Donut County was an easy one, almost to the point where it felt like cheating, but I can't deny I had a fun time. It's oddly satisfying swallowing up entire houses.

Owlboy was a lovely game with a touching story, marred only (in my opinion) by an awkward final area which I felt didn't lend itself well to console controls. I wouldn't let that put anyone off this game, however; it really is beautiful.

My eldest son and I have been playing through Miles Morales again this week while he's on half term and we realised we were only four or five trophies away from the platinum. What an absolute joy this game is, I might play through it again at Christmas if I get chance.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 One of the trophies required for the Miles Morales platinum is tied to completing a NG+ run, so that might very well be your Christmas gaming sorted.

Congratulations to you and @jdv95 on all your shiny new platinums!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution I’d love to have the option of re-earning plats… I mean, it’s not as if I don’t have enough games to play… but certain games like all the From Soft games, Nier: Automata and God of War 2018 (there are probably a few others too) that I’d love to re-run.

@Cornaboyzzz @jdv95 @Gremio108 congratulations people, some fine platinum’… erm… ‘ing there. 👏

A certified colonel in the la-li-lu-le-lo

Gremio108

@colonelkilgore Cheers!

@RogerRoger Just realised I never actually said in my original post, but I got the platinum this morning! I'm only considering playing again at Christmas for the lols, as the kids say. Or at least they used to say that. I can't remember a game this Christmassy since Christmas Nights, so it would be nice to play it at the right time.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Voltan

Platinum #29: Scarlet Nexus

This would be a pretty good trophy list if not for that one trophy that requires to get your character to level 80 in on of the playthroughs. For reference, you can play the game as one of 2 characters and each shows you one side of the story. You need to beat both for the platinum. I beat the first one at level 60 and started the other one in NG+. Beating the entire game got me from level 60 to 65. I had to grind a 2 minute loop for several hours to get to 80. That’s some BS if you ask me.
Other than that the trophies were fine and I definitely liked the game.

Total play time (including the grind) was about 65 hours.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic