Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 2,321 to 2,340 of 5,729

Thrillho

@ScarletSpidey Beating that frog/lava boss on Spyro 2 without taking a hit in order to get the platinum was ridiculously tough!

Thrillho

ScarletSpidey

@RogerRoger I did all three spread out over 8 months and it was still a bit much ha!

@Thrillho I can't even remember if I did it legit, or if I went back once I got the superflame.

ScarletSpidey

sorteddan

@johncalmc
Good job.
If it's a typical Yakuza game I imagine that'll have been quite a time commitment!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Gremio108

Got the platinum for Hellblade. Fairly simple job as long as you're thorough in looking for the collectibles, or use a guide.

As for the game itself, it's very good and quite unlike anything else I've played. I must admit though, I didn't quite get the ending. I probably should have paid closer attention.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

ApostateMage

Just finished and got the plat for Persona 5 Royal after a mighty 190 hours!

ApostateMage

Kidfried

@ApostateMage Hey, 190 hours just like me. Seems like I wasn't the only one playing slowly! 🦥

Kidfried

sorteddan

@ApostateMage @Kidfried
Well congrats on that. And just fyi that's more than a week real time.

@Gremio108
Well done.
I also enjoyed it when I played it. I remember the first time the voices whispered that I was gonna fall off of a beam... I immediately did! Made me laugh.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Cornaboyzzz

#316 Far Cry 6 - Same old thing by the laziest studio in the business. Take any Far Cry game, apply a Just Cause skin on it and you got your full price game ! At least I haven't paid for it. It's still repetitive dumb fun but hey, it works.

#317 Paper Beast - This was a weird one. I found the world and the beasts fascinating, IA and physics are great, but I didn't really enjoy playing it. Puzzles were a bit too convoluted and nothing is really explained. Easy and short platinum apart from that infamous Walkman trophy, one of the dumbest trophies I've ever seen.

Edited on by Cornaboyzzz

Cornaboyzzz

ApostateMage

@Kidfried I remember saving when I thought I was close to the end after 89 hours. Oooh boy, how wrong I was.

ApostateMage

Th3solution

@ApostateMage @Kidfried I had a similar experience with underestimating my remaining playtime with Persona 5. I ended with a total playtime of ‘only’ around 125 hours, if memory serves, but I kept thinking I was close to the end for the last 30-40 hours. 😅 Which is of course enough time to have completed something like Ratchet & Clank 3 times over.
The last game I had when I felt that same sense of “shouldn’t this game be wrapping up by now?” was with Red Dead Redemption 2. It was another one where you felt like it was about to be over…. and then it wasn’t.

(Both games are excellent, by the way. Not complaining)

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@ApostateMage Haha, I had something similar too. I remember reading a message online by someone who claimed to be "a really slow gamer" who had beaten the game in 120 hours, so I always thought the same would count for me. How wrong that was!

Kidfried

colonelkilgore

@Cornaboyzzz congrats mate, as a low-key Farcry fan, I’m looking forward to playing the latest… picked it up relatively cheap the other day but it’ll be a while until I play it though sadly.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore congrats!!! You worked hard for that one.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Iver @Thrillho @Jimmer-jammer cheers guys, though the shines been taken off it a little... I'm a hairs breadth off the MGS2 plat as well but ive found out tonight that the remaining Hold Up alternate missions i have left require the touch-sensitive dualshock 3 original. I've ordered a refurbished one this evening, so fingers crossed that the guy who ends up refurbing mine is a master of his craft and that he pulls a god damned R2D2 and puts that **** together remarkably well!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Voltan

Don't you guys hate missable trophies?

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic