Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 5,241 to 5,260 of 5,748

sorteddan

@render
Well done for #62. A game I only read positives things about and have to resist buying every time my wishlist notifies me is discounted.

@BearsEatBeets
Congrats on the Witcher one. A game I got bundled with my first PS4 all those years ago - was the only game I had for a week or two so I hammered it at the time. Don't think I came close to the plat though.

@MaulTsir
And anyone who platinums a FromSoft game gets a begrudging but massive respect as I doubt I'll ever have the talent or resilience to manage it.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

johncalmc

I got the platinum in Yakuza 3. It took a billion hours, and I had multiple tantrums.

johncalmc

Twitter:

CaptD

@johncalmc Congrats, I can hear the npc now... "If sir has another tantrum then sir will be asked to leave this fine karaoke establishment"

CaptD

render

@johncalmc Good job on Yakuza 3. Where are you getting all these billions of hours from???

render

johncalmc

If I got thrown out of the establishment for having a tantrum while trying to get a Yakuza platinum I would have been homeless ages ago. Those games have really rough platinums.

johncalmc

Twitter:

MaulTsir

@sorteddan Thanks, honestly before I played Bloodborne I thought the same thing, I believe I would never have the skill or patience to even complete never mind Plat, I still don't have the skill but I've grown more patient! 🤣

@Thrillo I felt a little lost when I was finished and didn't really know what I felt like playing but I started Outriders for some meaningless shooting fun but I also started Tails of Iron, a nice little Indie game and honestly I've been really enjoying it

MaulTsir

render

@AgentCooper Nice work agent! It's a real treat that game, can't wait to see what comes out of Team Asobi next.

I had a spare 30 minutes at lunch so I thought I'd just polish off the last two trophies for #63 - Cult of the Lamb. A really good fun game where there's an element of resource gathering and management required but doesn't feel like it gets in the way of the gameplay. I accidentally wandered into DLC territory as well and ended up elongating my experience without realising it but I had a good time so not going to complain.

render

sorteddan

@AgentCooper
Echoed my own thoughts on that game. Such a joyous experience. Congrats.

@render
Definitely one of the games I hope to get to this year. Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much. Well done.

@johncalmc.
I've only played a couple of Yakuza games, but each time I've checked the trophy list and immediately known I wouldn't have the dedication or determination to even try and go for them so kudos to you for sticking with it.

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@render nice little afternoon delight there bud, congrats.

Off topic, I’ve started my morbid run on Dead Nation 😱… you made any progress?

**** DLC!

render

@sorteddan Cheers, definitely worth getting around to playing I reckon.

@colonelkilgore Thanks man. I've made a little progress the other night but got killed on the same part twice so put it down before it got too frustrating. I'll get back on it later though and hopefully get Grim done by the end of the week / weekend. How you finding Morbid, is it much tougher than Grim?

render

colonelkilgore

@render it’s definitely harder but difficult to tell by how much. The reason being that by the end of your Grim run you will have been through so much **** that your skills will be that much better by the time that you go through the opening missions on a harder difficulty.

Enemies are definitely more spongey and I’m finding that I’m a bit behind where I was on my Grim run in terms of the weapons and upgrades that i had. Case in point, I just had to take a slicer on without a launcher 😅.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@render I really enjoyed Cult of the Lamb too but the no-hit boss fights could be a pain.

Did you use the fleece to build up your attack multiplier to get those? There was nothing worse than getting hit just before the boss fight when you were on a 300% damage multiplier or something.

Thrillho

render

@colonelkilgore That sounds pretty challenging. I'm going to have to get my head down and 'git gut' at this game 😅

@Thrillho Oh yes they were a bit of a pain for exactly that. I'd build up my multiplier and then go into the fight thinking I could finish them quickly with a good weapon only to get hit in the first second. Best case scenario you could get the heavy attack that gave you 2 seconds of invincibility each time which came in handy on two of them.

For the last one (Shamura in Silk Cradle) I wasn't lucky enough to ever get that and it took me a good number of runs to get through with a) a build good enough and b) getting it over quick enough to not make any mistakes. Annoyingly after I'd finished those and was trying to get the last eye of a witness along came the Relic that gives you 8 seconds of invincibility 🤦‍♂️

render

BearsEatBeets

Nice one @AgentCooper, I'm not really into platformers but that game has so much charm and quality it's a game that's almost impossible not to love.
I have huge respect for anyone that can get a Yakuza plat so kudos @johncalmc.
I know very little about the game but congrats to @render for adding to your total.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

CaptD

@render Good going on Cult of the lamb, it is on my list as the dark humour looks so funny.
As for Dead nation, obviously everyone has different preferences but I liked the rifle, shotgun, shocker and launcher (mainly just for cutters). The shotgun has repeat fire which I didn't twig for a while.
Also the mines were very handy, up their explosion count.
The flame thrower which is good for lower difficulties seemed fairly useless at higher difficulty and just caused problems.
Above all though I think the Devs intend you to play through on a lower difficulty, get decent armour and then try the harder difficulties. I think (I'm not 100% sure) that the solo campaign and coop campaign are separate so you could rattle through coop on braindead, get the armour and trophies then return to your grim play-through with the better armour.

@AgentCooper Great stuff on Astros, such a brilliant freebie by Sony.

Edited on by CaptD

CaptD

render

@CaptD Thanks Cap, the humour is very dark in CofL and perfect for the game. I thought they'd nailed the feeling of being a cult leader. Your followers are all very loyal but plenty of opportunities come up to use them as a sacrifice to further your cause

Thanks for the info on Dead Nation, I think that might be the best way to go with it as I'm unlikely to catch @colonelkilgore in my solo playthroughs but if we are only doing braindead anyway then I should easily be able to get through that. I really like the rifle. The powered shots are great and the fact that it has unlimited ammo means you can just rattle through the hoards. Tried the flamethrower briefly and it did feel like it was one of those useless weapons unless fully upgraded, and even then was likely to lead to plenty of self inflicted pain.

render

colonelkilgore

@render well I’ll keep the game installed for whenever you or @AgentCooper want to do a co-op run. I’m just trying to power through relatively quickly as there’s just so much to do on it. The trophy guide suggests a 20 plat which is WAY off… more like 40-50.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic