Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 2,261 to 2,280 of 5,748

Gremio108

After a slow season for platinums (thank you Hitman 2016), I've earned a few in quick succession.

Donut County was an easy one, almost to the point where it felt like cheating, but I can't deny I had a fun time. It's oddly satisfying swallowing up entire houses.

Owlboy was a lovely game with a touching story, marred only (in my opinion) by an awkward final area which I felt didn't lend itself well to console controls. I wouldn't let that put anyone off this game, however; it really is beautiful.

My eldest son and I have been playing through Miles Morales again this week while he's on half term and we realised we were only four or five trophies away from the platinum. What an absolute joy this game is, I might play through it again at Christmas if I get chance.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 One of the trophies required for the Miles Morales platinum is tied to completing a NG+ run, so that might very well be your Christmas gaming sorted.

Congratulations to you and @jdv95 on all your shiny new platinums!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution I’d love to have the option of re-earning plats… I mean, it’s not as if I don’t have enough games to play… but certain games like all the From Soft games, Nier: Automata and God of War 2018 (there are probably a few others too) that I’d love to re-run.

@Cornaboyzzz @jdv95 @Gremio108 congratulations people, some fine platinum’… erm… ‘ing there. 👏

**** DLC!

Gremio108

@colonelkilgore Cheers!

@RogerRoger Just realised I never actually said in my original post, but I got the platinum this morning! I'm only considering playing again at Christmas for the lols, as the kids say. Or at least they used to say that. I can't remember a game this Christmassy since Christmas Nights, so it would be nice to play it at the right time.

Voltan

Platinum #29: Scarlet Nexus

This would be a pretty good trophy list if not for that one trophy that requires to get your character to level 80 in on of the playthroughs. For reference, you can play the game as one of 2 characters and each shows you one side of the story. You need to beat both for the platinum. I beat the first one at level 60 and started the other one in NG+. Beating the entire game got me from level 60 to 65. I had to grind a 2 minute loop for several hours to get to 80. That’s some BS if you ask me.
Other than that the trophies were fine and I definitely liked the game.

Total play time (including the grind) was about 65 hours.

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan nice dude, congrats. Appreciate the info you provided also, will come in handy knowing that when I get around to it 👍

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Platinum #60 - Demons Souls Remake - took an extra day than what I’d scheduled but I kinda think that was down to my subconscious causing me to stop and smell the roses every hour or two as I wanted more time with the game. I placed the PS3 version in my all-time top-ten recently… and this is just all around a better version. Think my NG+ run was probably my 6th playthrough over the years and it doesn’t get old. My favourite Souls game (as Bloodborne doesn’t have Souls in the title 😉).

****note for people looking to plat this in future, the world and particularly character tendency systems are still difficult to work with. I’d heard many people explain that Bluepoint had made them a lot clearer to discern… but I didn’t find that at all.****

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 I believe all the cool kids would've spelt it "lulz" back in the day. And yeah, I know exactly what you mean. In previous years, I'd always try (or at least intend to try) to make some time for Batman: Arkham Origins every December. Now I guess I'll have to flip a coin to decide which festive-themed superhero sandbox to visit over the holidays.

Nice work on snagging the platinum, and additional congratulations to @Voltan and @colonelkilgore for their impressive achievements there, as well.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@RogerRoger Hmm, I've never actually given the Batman games a proper go. Have always meant to though. Maybe I'll give Arkham Origins a go at Christmas as well, and have a very superhero-themed Yuletide

KitsuneKaos

I'm not a trophy hunter by any means, 2 months ago only had 7 platinum (over the span of 4 years). However recently I've been doing some trophy housework and getting the last few trophies for some of my games where they were only about 6 or so shy of platinum and I've managed to get another 8 plats, so the sense of personal achievement feels good but trophies don't really mean anything at the end of the day. If anything trophies have made gamers more competitive which I think personally ruins the fun of gaming slightly.

KitsuneKaos

ScarletSpidey

Lurked for a long time but finally decided to post. Got my #18 Platinum yesterday on Horizon Zero Dawn. Really enjoyed the game and still got the DLC to complete but I'm not sure how much of that I'll do. I can't see me doing New Game + on Hard, there's just too many games in my backlog to play. The last trophy was the Hunting Trial ones which were fairly challenging but got there in the end.

ScarletSpidey

Thrillho

@ScarletSpidey Congrats! I needed to use a few video guides to get those final hunting challenges completed but, from what I remember, the weapons you get from top rating them all were worth it!

I never got round to the DLC but might need a replay of the game before the sequel, especially now it’s been upscaled to 60fps.

Thrillho

jdv95

@Thrillho the dlc is worth it.

it gives you backstory into why the machines are so agressive etc.

jdv95

Thrillho

@jdv95 The DLC suffered from the problem that it was end game stuff and I hadn’t played the game in so long that I couldn’t get back into the controls/combat so don’t think I even made it past the first couple of enemies.

Another reason why I want to go back to the game at some point.

Thrillho

jdv95

@Thrillho yeah that's true.

those enemies realy are a pain to defeat.

it is a nice new region though. but i'm a sucker for snow in games.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

ScarletSpidey

@Thrillho Thanks! I had to do the same. There was a shellwalker one that had me stumped for days.

It's beautiful in 60fps. The loading times felt like a real slog though. It's amazing how used to the PS5 I've gotten.

@jdv95 The region is really nice and I'll probably do the story section and some of the easier challenges. Things like doing "Do x5 whatever" will probably get a pass though. It's been incredible but I'm a little burnt out on it. Plus, I've got Guardians of the Galaxy and Death Stranding sat waiting to be played.

ScarletSpidey

Thrillho

@ScarletSpidey I’ve just got started on Death Stranding and that looks great on PS5.

Maybe play Guardians first though otherwise it might be a bit too much traipsing across open world gaming coming straight from HZD..

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic