Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 5,729

RogerRoger

@Just2Milky Congratulations! I'm working my way through the trophy list for the second time, and am finding it a really enjoyable process. Good platinum to mark your milestone with!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Just2Milky

@Thrillho @RogerRoger Yeah, I thought it would be quite the pain, but with the guide below, coupled with the fact that you can check and see what you’re missing made it way easier than I was expecting.

https://www.powerpyx.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-all-coll...

“I’m a really good lawyer.”
———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

Thrillho

@Just2Milky Yeah, it was easy enough to figure which ones you were missing but the lack of fast travel meant you could spend an age trekking across the map. And the map itself is utterly useless as well which makes figuring out routes a bit of a headache.

Great game though!

Thrillho

Just2Milky

@Thrillho I was in Kashyyyk and going up to the origin tree. Tried to save time using Shyyo bird, and I got transported back to where I was 15 minutes ago. Fast travel even on just meditation points would have been so helpful. Star Wars has given worse explanations for things before.

“I’m a really good lawyer.”
———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

Thrillho

@Just2Milky Ha, I think I did the same thing but managed to have a save just beforehand so didn't lose all that time. And yeah, a post-game fast travel would have been fine. I can get why they wouldn't have one before seeing as you revisit a few of the planets.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

Platinum #53: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (PS5)

A list that I'd worked my way through before, when the game originally launched on PS4, and a list I could've automatically unlocked if I'd imported my save, but it's such a pleasant trophy set that I took the time to earn the platinum "properly" (said without judgement). It's much easier to achieve when you know what you're looking for, as well. The PS5 port of the game isn't perfect but, at the end of the day, I still got to rummage around some beautiful worlds and hack up a bunch of nefarious baddies.

Platinum #54: Sonic Colours Ultimate (PS4)

Despite the remaster's issues, I thought its trophy list was pretty decent. Was a little worried about the need to S-Rank every act because, unlike almost every other Sonic game, Colours has a much more in-depth scoring criteria (you can't just play fast, you have to play well) but I was able to re-wire my brain and learn enough patience to scrape through its more challenging moments.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger *immediately downloads Fallen Order on PS5 just for the cheap platinum

Thrillho

Voltan

The trophy for unlocking all skills in Scarlet Nexus - sounds like it makes sense but after finishing the game and the majority of side quests I was nowhere near the level required. I guess this is designed to be achieved in another full playthrough on NG+ but even then I'm not entirely sure I would've gotten it (and that's 30 hours of play time).
Instead I'm grinding one late-game encounter every 2 minutes to level up from level 67 to 80. Currently at 78 and it will probably take another hour or so to get there.
I don't like trophies like this.

Edit: ok, didn't that long, fortunately. Got all the trophies I could by doing one part of the story. Now I just got to do the other and I'll do it by playing on easy

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Ralizah

Took, like, ten hours of just no life'ing it across the day, but I've now platinumed God of War.

Untitled

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

colonelkilgore

@Ralizah congrats, the endgame content is pretty hefty... but I definitely felt that was where the combat system was utilised most to be fair. Hope you enjoyed it at least half as much as I did.

@RogerRoger congrats to you too rog 👍

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Be careful if you do decide to download Jedi: Fallen Order on PS5 and transfer your save, as I've heard it can be a little glitchy. Previous platinum people have reported unlocking 95% of the list, unable to re-earn one or two missing trophies that failed to pop.

@colonelkilgore My thanks, Colonel!

@Ralizah Congratulations on that God of War platinum! Particularly since I saw one of its boss fights kept you burning the midnight oil back there; nicely done!

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger @colonelkilgore Putting aside that I don't think the level design is well set-up for backtracking to find collectibles (a gripe I'll likely get into it in my eventual review), I had a lot more fun with the optional and post-game content than I did the main campaign. It was really nice being able to play the game at my own pace.

Ragnarok won't be a day one buy (I didn't love this like I did Horizon), but I definitely think I'll get it eventually.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

Iver wrote:

@RogerRoger You are quite, quite mad!

Well... yeah, I thought everybody knew that already...?

In all seriousness, thanks! I was gonna replay it eventually anyway, so it worked out nicely. If the platinum requirements had been more taxing, like something difficulty related, then I'd have definitely imported a save, but it's just such a pleasant, calming list to systematically work through. I'm sure we all have platinums that we wouldn't mind earning again, right?

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

Would you all like to have the option to re-earn platinums? Ok could see a system whereby Sony would allow a person to restart a game with a cleared trophy list and be able to earn them all again. Then maybe you’d have a superscript number above the trophy indicating you’ve earned the platinum twice (or three times, or four…). Maybe it would be worth 1/2 the number of “points” toward your overall PSN level on your second run, then 1/3 value for your third run, etc….

Personally, I can’t think of a platinum that I’d drop my current games to go back to re-earn, but I’m sure there are some I’d eventually like to do.

@RogerRoger @Iver

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Iver Well okay, but would you have re-earned those platinums for Skyrim and L.A. Noire if some kind of save transfer / auto-pop system been in place? I appreciate the self-deprecating reply but I think this current generational transition has thrown up an interesting question.

Which brings me to what @Th3solution asks and y'know what? Yeah, I'd love a system like that. Because there's no rule that says you can't replay a game you've already platinumed but, despite several strong urges to replay games I've already platinumed just for fun, I usually stop myself with the thought that I should be putting my time towards something "more productive" (i.e. something with new trophies to earn). Alas, I don't think such a system would ever be implemented, because it would incentivise players to stick with the games they already have, instead of buying more.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Iver I'm grateful for your honesty! And I take your point about sports games and other times where a platinum might just unlock itself naturally after many, many hours.

It's remarkable how much impact trophies have had on my (and our) gaming perseverance. Particularly since I can still remember the day I earned my first trophy, when I physically recoiled at the annoying audio-visual distraction during gameplay. I immediately went looking for the setting to turn them off but nowadays, trophy notifications are the only notifications I make sure to leave on!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

There’s the platinum for Donut County

A silly but fun little game and a few clever trophies. Only 2-3 hours or something to complete and mop up the last few.

Well worth the few pounds it costs in the sale at the moment.

Thrillho

Cornaboyzzz

#314 Final Fantasy VII - It's never been my favorite in the series, but it's still a legendary game. With PS Now bringing a few FF in the coming months, I guess I'll be going on a trip down memory lane. But first, it's time for the Remake !

Cornaboyzzz

RogerRoger

Congratulations to @Thrillho and @Cornaboyzzz there!

Making It So Since 1987

jdv95

far cry 6 marks my 19th platinum! around 45 hours give or take.

a great game. loved my time with it.

jdv95

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic