Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 5,729

NemesisSam30

My latest plat is Xiii. Not a bad game but bugged as hell, rather like another game I was trying to Plat but have given up on due to the trophy bugs being Mafia 3. The trophies are bugged in that if the game crashes (which it will, a lot), then in game counters for progression like kill all bosses or recruit all bosses, resets to 0 from the crash point. Meaning it's a restart everytime. The latest update 1.12 causes this and Hanger 13 refuse to patch a fix after 6 months of trying.

NemesisSam30

Thrillho

@johncalmc I intend to go back for the Kentucky Route Zero one at some point since they fixed the trophy issues.

I also had every intention of getting the Hollow Knight platinum like @Gremio108 but the pantheons were just too much for me.

Otherwise, I tend to get the platinum or get nowhere near it. I only have a handful of games in the 80% category and those are normally missed because of online trophies.

And congrats to @Th3solution on mopping up the last few trophies. That didn't take you long

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho Yeah I devoted my whole weekend to getting that platinum. I just couldn’t rest until I had found every collectible and beat every Valkyrie. I’m glad I did it all at once too, since my combat skills were razor sharp by the end and although I struggled with the Queen, I never got fully frustrated as I thought I might.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

Congratulations to recent platinum-earners @LieutenantFatman (for being an ace agent), @Th3solution (for being a bald badass) and @NemesisSam30 (for being a patient player, powering through all the nightmarish bugs in the recent disaster of a XIII remaster).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Oops, missed you out there, as well... glad you were finally able to score that Peace Walker platinum (and one day ahead of schedule, too)! Have you jumped straight into MGS4, or will you be taking a short Snake break?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger lol, yeah a snake-break for me, I’ve spaced them out throughout the year, so I start MGS3 in late March, MGS1 & 2 in May (will do both here as 1 is just a play through for context with it having no trophy support), then 4 in Oct & Nov (it sounds like a long one) and Rising in December.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution congrats bud, if a game ever deserves that a player put in that extra effort to obtain the plat, I’d argue that God of War is it. Did you see the Marvelesque post-credits scene too?

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@NemesisSam30 I’ve heard about the bugs in obtaining Mafia 3, I bought the trilogy last October but have only played the original so far, as I’m hoping the developers will finally get around to fixing the trophy issue.

You’ve probably scoured the internet for answers but just in case, I’ve heard you have to uninstall the updates to ver. 1.09 and play through without switching the game off... so like leave your PlayStation on for 3 or 4 days straight, so that the counters on certain trophies don’t reset to zero.

**** DLC!

NemesisSam30

@colonelkilgore problem with 1.09 is the drop back update system seems very complicated, and playing the non def edition 1.08 is just like a broken mess graphics and NPC wise, plus 1.08 still crashes. Updating from 1.08 doesn't go to 1.09 it goes to 1.10 which sort of works, but the console shortly updates to 1. 12 the broken update regardless of whether you choose to turn the Internet off on the console network settings or not. After 14 playthroughs I'm about done with the game. I'll wait and see if it ever gets patched. You can speed run the game in around 10 hours but even that is a case of whether it will crash or not

NemesisSam30

colonelkilgore

@NemesisSam30 fair, I have heard some nightmares stories regarding it... well hope they patch it for your sake (& for mine as I will want the 3 Mafia plats at some stage).

**** DLC!

NemesisSam30

@colonelkilgore the entire Mafia trilogy is a nightmare. Mafia 2s 1000mile driving trophy in Joe's Vendetta is just plain ridiculous and not necessary. A full play though of the DLC I was up to 89 miles. Now playing Fade to Silence. Good survival game but it's a run out of lives and restart everything game.

NemesisSam30

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Thanks, bud. I have the post-God of War blues now. Like, what’s the point in playing anything else? 😕 I actually thought twice about doing my first ever New Game+ so I could try out all the rewards I got there at the end.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Thanks, my friend. I appreciate the encouragement all along the way. You didn’t lead me astray. It’s an instant classic in my mind now.
I saw the scene when you go back to your house (shack) and you both collapse and fall asleep and then it says “Years later...” and Thor shows up outside and says something like “Who are you?” or whatever it was. Was there another post end game scene?The credits rolled after and I just cancelled out of them and went back to playing. Was there something at the end of the credits?

Edited on by Th3solution

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I'm familiar with that kinda post-game "hollowness" that strikes whenever you finally say farewell to such an amazing experience. Doesn't help that you've been playing it over quite a stretch, meaning it's had a longer chance to sink in. Both of BioWare's famous trilogies (Mass Effect and Dragon Age) had me wandering around for days afterwards, not knowing what to do with myself.

You said you wanted to try a New Game Plus at some point this year, right? Seems like you've been handed the perfect opportunity here! Why not give it a shot?

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Anyone know what the situation is with ps+ Control: UE on PS5 is yet? I’ve added it to my library but there is still only one ‘Control’ in the library selection... I’m hoping a separate trophy list from the vanilla PS4 version will open up for it.

**** DLC!

Cornaboyzzz

#299 Hellblade : Senua's Sacrifice - ASMR : The Game, definitely an interesting one, full of good ideas. I wasn't sure at the beginning because it was slow and boring, but it reveals its potential with time. I can't really say I enjoyed it, but I guess that's the point. I recommend it.

The platinum is basically given with a lot of gold trophies along the way.

One more to go !

Cornaboyzzz

RogerRoger

@Cornaboyzzz What will be your 300th platinum? Have you lined up anything special?

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Managed to find someone to play co-op with on Dead Space 3, so I’m gonna try and double dip this month with Dying Light and DS3... not sure there is enough hours in the month though what worth work etc.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic