Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 5,221 to 5,240 of 5,729

Thrillho

@CWill97 You can very easily get the Legend mode trophy for Yakuza 6 if you have a save just before (or near) the final boss fight. Now you've completed the game, you can reload that save and bump the difficulty up for the final fight and get the trophy that way. It's the only mainline Yakuza game I have the platinum for as I have never bothered with the completion list or legend mode trophies otherwise (I do have the LaD platinum though).

Thrillho

Th3solution

@RogerRoger It would be great to have Jedi Survivor fill number 40, but I’m doubtful that I will be able to do it. I’m trying to get as many trophies that come naturally and if there’s a reasonable number left at the end then I might push through for the platinum bling. If not Jedi, then it may be Tchia, if I end up liking the game. It’s apparently an easy platinum, but I’m not going to stick with something I don’t enjoy. Otherwise, my next planned game probably being FF16 it might be a long while between platinums. I’m thinking of playing Life is Strange 2 as my next palate cleanser so it might end up becoming #40, and I’d be fine with that.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@AgentCooper cheers mate, I’ve made a start on Dead Nation too now, so give me a shout if you want any help getting those co-op trophies done 👍

**** DLC!

BearsEatBeets

A couple of days ago I managed to get Platinum#116 The Witcher 3 on PS5 to give me the double for the game. I was curious if I'd love it as much as the first couple of times through a few years back but it's still one of my all time favourites. 160 odd hours in, part way into the first DLC and loving every minute.
'Death March' was pretty much as I remembered, fairly simple to get killed at any moment but with a bit of care and prep it's not that tricky. I died many times throughout but probably only 3 sticky points that required a few attempts to get past. A fist fight with Finneas, a stroppy Gwent loser, in the Passiflora was harder than the final boss.
I was never too bothered by Roach's 'quirkiness' first time round but will admit in a post RDR 2 world it's a tad more annoying.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

CaptD

@CWill97 Good going on Yakuza, I'm still struggling to get into that series and I'm gonna try the turn based one to see if it appeals a bit more.

@BearsEatBeets Well done on Witcher 3 and even after 3 playthroughs I still think it is a brilliant game and one of my favourites, I didn't even mind the "putting on a play" quest which I'm sure I disliked the first or second time, probably more so the second.
Death march isn't so bad and on the most recent run, I didn't even use oils...I was that brazen about it.

Ah yes that Gwent loser, he was a pain and mainly because of the cramped area...it was total BS though as here is a witcher up against the puny human...I've killed beasts I'll have you know...smack, down in one.
Hopefully for Witcher 4 they fix Geralt's glass jaw.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

Congrats @BearsEatBeets, I played the PS4 version prior to my getting the trophy bug, so do plan on going back to it at some point. I’ll keep those three sections you mentioned in mind for when I attempt Death March. Well done!

**** DLC!

BearsEatBeets

Cheers @CaptD, yeah the fist fights are the worst bit of Death March. It's silly the amount of damage some random dudes punches do compared to Geralt's. I left all the fist fight quests after Velen until I had finished the story then whacked down the difficulty to a realistic level to mop up.
I'm not sure we will be Geralt in The Witcher 4 but whoever it is, hopefully they take a punch better.

Thanks @colonelkilgore, which trophy bug stopped you first time round? I didn't realise there was one. That bit I mentioned all describes one fight. The other two tricky spots (I found) were the Crones as Ciri and Imlerith and they happen one right after the other without the ability to leave and come back later so it's best to be well prepared for it. Although they still only took 3 or 4 attempts each so I doubt you'll even struggle.

BearsEatBeets

Bundersvessel

@BearsEatBeets Most excellent work, Witcher! Congratulations! Hitting a wall with some random brawler is wild haha, glad you made it through. I’m about 20 or 30 hours in I think, but I haven’t played it in nearly two years. It was my laid up in bed after an operation game, I fully intend to return soon (I hope) what are your top tips for death March? 👍

Edited on by Bundersvessel

Friendly Neighbourhood Discord

NP: Helldivers 2 [PS5] / Breath of the Wild [Switch] / Sea of Stars / Lies of P [XB]

PSN: Bundersvessel

BearsEatBeets

@AgentCooper Cheers. To be fair Death March isn't that tricky, especially if I can do it as someone who very rarely goes anywhere near higher difficulty in games. I'd say putting a lot of skill points in Quen is a big help, getting it to the point where blocked damage also heals you is a big help. I generally make my fast attacks as potent as possible too, as heavy attacks will probably only land if your opponent is stunned or staggered. I personally found the skill that makes food heal for 20 minutes very useful as meditating doesn't heal. Other than that the usual rpg things of doing lots of side quests to level up quick, I ride around to all the noticeboards fairly early to see what contracts are available and when to do them. Oh yeah and places of power give you free skill points so are worth seeking out.
Best of luck whenever you get back to it.

BearsEatBeets

CaptD

@AgentCooper Good tips from @BearsEatBeets and the only thing I would add for anyone thinking of starting death march is that the first 5 levels are the hardest, in proper Souls fashion, and after that it is fairly medium difficulty although things can still kill you so save often.
Also there is an early quest (I think level 4) where you have to follow your friend, the witch (but a nice witch) into a cave. Make sure to save before this and ensure you are well stocked up and probably over levelled. This really caught me off guard on my first playthrough and I had to resort to an earlier save.
Plus there is a trophy for killing a contract without using magic or buffs, I made a save, lowered the difficulty and did I think the first contract. Get trophy, up difficulty and reload old save (the save should also up the difficulty but just to be sure). Of course you could make a save, wait till end and then get this...plus I think there are other opportunities which might be easier but I wanted this trophy done and dusted.
Oh and be sure to get the free level upgrades in the first area, around 5 I think.

Footnote. RPGs shouldn't have difficulty trophies. 😝

Edited on by CaptD

CaptD

MaulTsir

Congrats to everyone on your recent plats 👏

#22 Elden Ring - 108 hours, an absolute gem of a game and a real good effort for the platinum, I did save scum the 3 endings though because 3 playthroughs just wasn't on the cards for me

MaulTsir

CaptD

@MaulTsir Nice, congrats. I've still to platinum that, I got sidetracked by ps+ extra games. I'm was playing the PS4 version on ps5 for that 60fps goodness and plan to platinum it again when Fromsoftware nail the native ps5 version performance, which seemed unlikely at the time as From don't tend to ris those issues and sure enough I think the performance hasn't improved much (afaik).

CaptD

BearsEatBeets

@CaptD Yeah I'd agree the start of the game can be the trickiest until you've leveled up and unlocked some skill slots. I left that '2 contracts without all buffs' until after the main story as I still had about four contracts left over which were classed as a higher level and I didn't want to chance touching the difficulty slider, even with going back a save. Once I knew that Death March trophy was done I switched about with abandon for that one and that pesky 50 headshot kills, which I still think is the worst trophy in the game.
@AgentCooper White Orchard is the best place to knock out the 'All place of power buffs at once' trophy too as they are all fairly close together.

@MaulTsir Nice one with the Elden Ring platinum. Having to get multiple endings on large time sink rpgs is cheeky. I remember doing something similar with a deciding point save for all endings with Fallout 4.

BearsEatBeets

Thrillho

@MaulTsir Congrats on making it through the game at last and for getting the big shiny too!

Have you got a nice palate cleanser to come up next or is it onto another big game?

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@MaulTsir congrats mate, an awesome game… and one I’m looking forward to replaying for a second plat (on PS5) down the road. I save-scummed on PS4 and will do again on PS5 😉😉

**** DLC!

render

I hadn't managed to check in here for a few weeks and wow it's insane the amount of action I've missed. Congrats to everyone who as achieved a platinum(s) since I last posted, especially @agentcoopjnr who must be over the moon with that Spider-Man plat.

I've just got one to add to the tally, #62 A Short Hike. A nice little palette cleanser of a game, not that I needed one as I haven't had chance to play anything sizeable in a while but if I had done it would have been perfect

render

CaptD

@render Nice a short hike is on my list, it looks like a charming little game.

CaptD

Bundersvessel

@MaulTsir Congratulations on that Elden Ring platinum, seems to be a really satisfying one across the board.

@BearsEatBeets @CaptD Thanks so much for the advice, I’m trying to resist caving to impulse and scrapping my current slate 😂

@render Well done mate! Looks a nice chill one and I’ll pass on your congrats to the youth, he was over the moon indeed 👍

Friendly Neighbourhood Discord

NP: Helldivers 2 [PS5] / Breath of the Wild [Switch] / Sea of Stars / Lies of P [XB]

PSN: Bundersvessel

colonelkilgore

Congrats @render, I actually have this lined up for later in the year… looks to be the perfect filler between grinds.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic