Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 5,748

Th3solution

@Cornaboyzzz @Thrillho @colonelkilgore
Ditto on Hellblade. I loved it. Highly recommend and it is a very achievable platinum so long as you get those lorestones. But the real value in the experience is the exploration of mental health.

As for Monster Hunter World — I know it is highly regarded but I was put off by the demo. The systems and crafting are really intimidating and it looks like one of those menu browsing games. When a game has hundreds of materials and ingredients it just starts to wear me out. I still have a slight interest to try it when I get a PS5 since it’s included in the Plus Collection, but have no delusions of ever sniffing the platinum!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Cornaboyzzz @Th3solution @Thrillho well I’ve suggested a few co-op games to a guy I’ve been playing MGS: PW with... if he ends up going for MHW (the others were Remnant from the Ashes and Ashen) I’ll just play it without going for the plat really... shame as I am trying to (slowly) clean up my trophy list of games which I haven’t plat’d.

**** DLC!

Cornaboyzzz

@colonelkilgore well sometimes you just have to accept it haha ! I like to keep my games above 50-60% completion if I don't get the platinum, but some lists are just crazy. Having fun is the priority.

Cornaboyzzz

colonelkilgore

@Cornaboyzzz oh definitely, gaming is all about the fun... but when your backlog is over 200 games long and pretty much all of them you are looking forwards to playing, a 300 hour game just seems selfish with your time 🤯

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker done, #35... onto Dying Light.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Does anyone know if the new Nioh Collection on PS5 will have new trophy lists... the missus is asking me what I’d like for my birthday and I’d love another couple of Nioh plats?

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Arugula even if you buy it fresh rather than upgrade? 😞

Edit. Actually that hasn’t quite burst my bubble yet as Spider-Man and Spider-Man remastered had a save transfer and there are separate lists for those so maybe... just maybe 🤞

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Arugula okay bud, I won’t buy until/whether I know for sure... btw I’m keeping Kingdom Come: Deliverance for when I get some time off work as I want to fully immerse myself in it.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@LieutenantFatman cheers bud, I tried Dying Light for an hour the other day and it really impressed me, also felt a nice change of pace from Metal Gear Solid (having played 5 and PW in the last couple of months).

**** DLC!

LieutenantFatman

Managed to get my 100th platinum today.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

My thanks to @colonelkilgore for inspiring me to jump back in and complete it. Only took me 8 years and 4 months, started it in 2012.

LieutenantFatman

Th3solution

Well, friends — I did it. The Valkyrie Queen is slain. The last Odin Raven is found. God of War platinum is complete. #27.

Yet another first party game that was fantastic and held my interest from beginning all the way to the platinum. (Spider-Man did the same) I hadn’t really planned on going for the platinum, but by the end I wasn’t really keen to see the experience end and the last few trophies either were so close to get with just a little effort, or were part of a really enticing story beat and challenge.

Really satisfied with this one.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jimmer-jammer

@Th3solution congrats!!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

johncalmc

Does anyone else have a bunch of games that they were on the Platinum hunt for, and then for whatever reason dropped off, and now you just never go back to?

I've got a few.

Persona 4 Golden - Hardcore Risette. If you know you know. That trophy sucks. After beating the game twice in a row specifically trying to get this trophy I gave up. So Golden is just sat at like an 87% or something in my list.

No Man's Sky - I had nearly every trophy for this and then I ended up bouncing off it to play something else and then I thought I'd have a break and by the time I thought about it again the game had been updated twelve times and I had no idea how to even play it.

Kingdom Hearts... erm I can't even remember the name of the game :') - So I decided to play and platinum every single Kingdom Hearts game in a row. I don't know why I did this. I don't know why I thought it was a good idea. I'm not even massive on Kingdom Hearts. I'd only ever played 1 and 2 before embarking on this journey, years previously, and they're... alright?

Anyway, I got to one of the spin-offs and I was halfway through it. Or less. I did 1, and the one in the castle after 1. Then I did 2. Not sure if I did any others. I was playing the one where you play as the three people. I don't know. Anyway, I did everything I needed to do on the platinum route as the first character including a ridiculous ice cream song I remember taking forever.

But then I only got half way through the second one, and then I stopped I think because I had to review something, and then I played something else, and then a year passed, and now the thought of trying to work out where I was in the game, where I was in the platinum, what the hell is going on in the story, and what the game is even called fills me with dread.

Dark Souls III - I decided to platinum all three Dark Souls back to back because why not, but then when I got to 3 I discovered that there was some trophies tied to playing online and fighting other people and stuff so I did that for approximately a billion hours and managed to get about 2% of the items I needed so I gave up. I really hate online trophies. Also I know you can do it offline by grinding enemies but I did that for ages too and found literally nothing and now I'm just annoyed with it so that's that.

johncalmc

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@johncalmc That is probably 95% of games that I play! Very rare that I can be bothered to go for the platinum, especially with longer games as by then I've had enough of the game and just want to finish the game.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@johncalmc I can definitely relate on the Persona 4 Golden trophy logjam Hardcore Risette. One of the most ill-conceived trophies of all time. Who thought it a good idea to put in a bronze trophy that relies on hearing every random line by a character in a 100 hour game and you only know you missed it at the end with no way to track it. I’m shocked that 9% of people actually achieve it, according to the trophy list. Fortunately I knew it was a crapshoot and so I didn’t kill myself trying for the platinum in the game so it’s one of about 4-5 grindy trophies in P4G that I left alone.

A couple random trophy frustration memories for me are not necessarily for a platinum — I tried to 100% The Unfinished Swan (doesn’t have a platinum) and tried over and over for the trophy that makes you reach the first checkpoint blind with only a limited number of ink shots and after several tries a said forget this.
Another was the Gone Home trophy for completing the game in less than one minute. I tried that over and over, watched online videos, and just could never get there in time. You have to move perfectly and I must be too slow in my reaction time, but after what seems like a hundred tries I gave up.

Gremio108

@johncalmc I'm bordering on that right now with Hollow Knight. I want to platinum it but this game is seriously tricky.

Spotify was my best friend when I was going for those items offline in Dark Souls III. You can bump your item discovery up to make it a tiny bit quicker, but you probably knew that already.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

johncalmc

@Gremio108 Honestly I did it for I would guess ten hours and I got hardly any of the items. The problem is the online fighting is too unpredictable - you might win, you might lose, you might be disconnected, you have to wait to find a match, etc. - and the offline grind is far too slow. I wonder if I might go back to it one day since I did the first two games and it feels like I should complete the set.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Cornaboyzzz

Congrats guys for the plats, especially for Peace Walker, it looks like a tough one !

@johncalmc Dark Souls III, everything you said ! Farming for some items wasn't worth it. Like I said before, I don't bother with over-farming or online-oriented lists. There's always other good games to play.

Cornaboyzzz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic