Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 5,729

RogerRoger

@johncalmc Yeah, even in the wake of the Riddler trophies, I just couldn't muster the motivation to persevere, which is a shame. As it stands, the only Arkham platinum I've earned is from the PS Vita spin-off, Arkham Origins Blackgate (although I've earned it twice, after it was ported to PS3). I'm not counting the one from Arkham Knight, not after Rocksteady went back on their word and added insidious DLC trophies which ruined my perfect percentage. Curse them!

After four years (eighteen if you count playing the game since its original release, back in the glory days of the good ol' PS2) I've finally 100%'d Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.

The final trophy included in the PS4 port was an absolute nightmare. It's not a platinum, but I'm just as proud of it, especially considering it has a 0.1% rarity rating. It requires you to capture all 150 of the game's secondary bounties... alive. Ignoring the fact that many of them are designed to be brought in dead. Ignoring the fact that some stand in the middle of two-dozen, top-tier enemies. Ignoring the fact that the game's AI is the height of PS2 jank, meaning many of your panicked prey will happily walk into blaster fire or, worse, off a freakin' cliff in order to avoid being caught. Ignoring the fact that there are up to fifteen in each level and, if you screw up catching a single one, you've got to restart from the beginning (and oh yes, the hardest to grab are always right at the very end, because rage).

Whoever thought up the requirement for the trophy is a ruthless, sadistic individual. Why wasn't it just a nice and simple "claim every secondary bounty" reward? Why?!

Mercifully, the last chapter's three levels are bounty-free, meaning I can enjoy polishing off my incomplete save file later this evening, safe in the knowledge that I can shoot, snipe, snare and incinerate anything that moves without scanning it first. Should make for quite a cathartic finale.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

My first PS5 platinum (and 61st overall) with the joyous Astrobot. Had to look up a couple of the hidden ones but nothing taxing. Just have one add-on trophy to keep it at 100%, got to master the speed-runs which are a step up in difficulty. Next should be the sneaky second plat for the Remastered version of Spider-man.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Did you use the help cards on the PS5 at all for the hidden trophies?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder I didn't notice a card to help so used the usual 'google it on my phone' method same as @Arugula. Funnily enough it lead me to a Push Square guide for the trophies. I can't say I've used the cards yet but can imagine they might come in handy for jumping to specific parts of a game.

BearsEatBeets

Bentleyma

I was really impressed with the in-game help for Astro's Playroom. It made getting the plat really easy.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

nessisonett

Platinum #9 in Assassin’s Creed Syndicate! Spent about an hour crashing into lampposts but finally popped the last trophy. Great game, almost great platinum held back by the mother of all grinds.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett That was the last trophy I had to get too. I must have spent several minutes going in circles around Trafalgar Square riding the kerbs. Ridiculous trophy especially for an 'Assassin' game.

BearsEatBeets

Thrillho

@nessisonett @BearsEatBeets I just looked at the trophy list and I assume that’s the one for destroying 5000 objects with your carriage.

Trophies like that are ridiculous as they can be a pain to get even when you know about them from the start.

One of the Yakuza games (3?) has one for knocking over so many people in the street which is especially annoying as not every wandering NPC can be knocked over and the ones that can have to be hit at just the right angle to do it.

Thrillho

BearsEatBeets

@Thrillho That's the one. Leaving aside the ridiculous number to achieve and how grindy that is if you don't see you have to do that until finishing the game, it's just so out of place for the game. Who on earth thought that driving a carriage around like you're in GTA smashing things up was a fitting idea for a game about sneaking around and hiding in plain sight.

Good game though despite some flaws. I liked playing as Evie way more than Jacob (hope I've remembered that right).

BearsEatBeets

render

Has anyone attempted to platinum Hollow Knight? Started playing it when it went on PS Plus and really enjoy it as a game but it sounds like getting the platinum requires a ton of patience and talent, neither of which I've got.

render

Thrillho

@render It’s a nightmare because you need to complete the pantheons which see you fighting a number of the games bosses back to back. I think there’s four of them and I could only manage two.

The only trophies I didn’t get were that one and for getting 112% completion as you need to finish the pantheons as part of it.

Most of the others are achievable but some require lots of exploring (all mask shards, all grubs) and some are also difficult combat trophies (win all colosseum battles, defeat the Grimm troupe).

I loved the game so was happy to get the ones I did (I wish there had been one for doing the Path of Pain!) but the pantheons were beyond me.

Thrillho

render

@Thrillho Thanks for the info, that's probably going to be well beyond me as well. I've really enjoyed what I've played and I'm keen to complete as much as I can.

I think the exploration is a great part of the game so that I don't mind doing. I like the way that different paths open up as you get new abilities, and that they aren't always easy traverse even when you do have those abilities. Path of Pain sounds interesting though, don't think I've done that one yet!!

It actually surprised me how much I liked this game as I wasn't expecting to. I though the difficulty alone might put me off as I usually struggle to keep interested when having to replay the same boss again and again to get it right. I think what committed me to it was the idea of perhaps playing Demon's Souls one day and wanting to get into that mindset. I'm glad I persevered as it's been a great experience.

render

nessisonett

@render I have all the grubs and collectibles but Grimm and the pantheons are out of my league!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@render I had a look this evening and it was three trophies I missed out on. Annoyingly, they are one silver and two golds so despite playing the game to death and doing just about everything possible, I still only have an 80% trophy completion! I have to say I was surprised to see the platinum as high as a 0.8% rate.

There is a thread on here for the game (https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/ps4/hollow_knight_is_out) and it's a game I enjoy reading other peoples' thoughts on so feel free to contribute

Good luck if you ever decide to try the Path of Pain...

Thrillho

render

@Thrillho @nessisonett that is harsh getting that close and missing out on getting those last few. I’m definitely a way off of that as I’m just on 16/35. I just got Complete the Trial of the Warrior tonight which is the first part of the colosseum of fools. I can’t believe how much easier it was now that I’ve got some more notches and charms.

Thanks for mentioning the other thread. I’ll take a look. Awesome game, just wish I was better at it!

render

Thrillho

...and there's the platinum for The Last of Us: Part II

I think it's the first Naughty Dog game I've got the platinum for as there aren't any difficulty related trophies. I had most of them from the first run but to get all weapon and player upgrades you need a second run, plus I had a fair few collectibles to get again.

I didn't do a full second run as once I had weapon and player upgrades sorted, I just jumped to the chapters with missing collectibles.

The second run is also easier using the gameplay modifiers giving unlimited ammo and crafting materials. It also gave the run a completely different feeling being able to blast your way through everyone and is even easier as you get the silenced machine gun for Ellie's run too.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

render

@Thrillho I've just got to the point where I've got the upgrade trophies on a second playthrough but realised I'm still missing loads of collectables. Will have to start using the chapter select to go back and do those but might save that for another time as I'm still invested in Hollow Knight and have a craving to start Ghost of Tsushima.

I remember getting the platinums on all the Uncharted games and some of those were a bit of a chore. Annoyingly though I didn't get anywhere near the platinum on the first The Last Of Us, although that included some online ones so put me off a little there.

render

Thrillho

@render I used a guide for the second run. The one on here is pretty good but polygon had one with more useful images.

It’s pretty handy that the chapter select shows you what you’ve missed but it also works a little weirdly as if you’re doing NG+ it only shows what you got on that run. If I loaded up my completed game save, it would show what I had collected from both runs out together.

I think my trophy completion for TLOU Remastered when I played it again this year was about 20%!

Thrillho

Cornaboyzzz

Platinum #293 : The Last of Us Part II

Nothing challenging, nothing missable, really easy compared to TLOU 1 and the Uncharted series, Naughty Dog pretty much handed this one.

Cornaboyzzz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic