Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 5,748

render

@Thrillho Thanks for the tips, I'll check that guide out and perhaps load my non-NG+ save. It's always tempting to leave a few things to come back to for another playthrough much later on but on the other side of that I hate leaving things unfinished.

@Cornaboyzzz 293!! Sounds like I need to tidy this up then and get this platinum under my belt but I've a way to go to get anywhere near your total šŸ˜³

render

Thrillho

@Cornaboyzzz I thought it was a fair platinum, a bit on par with Spider-Man and Horizon Zero Dawn. Just over 4% completion rate agrees with that.

Thrillho

Cornaboyzzz

@render haha yeah that's the result of 10 years of trophy hunting ! But some people have way more than that.

@Thrillho yeah a fair platinum, still a bit on the easy side, I feel like they could've added a difficulty trophy. But every recent game from Sony studios has had an easy and enjoyable platinum recently.

Cornaboyzzz

render

@Cornaboyzzz It's still an awesome total so far!!

@Thrillho @Cornaboyzzz I quite like what they did with the trophies on this one where they kept the platinum achievable to anyone who enjoyed the game enough to go through multiple play throughs but added the extra trophy section for grounded and permadeath modes for anyone masochistic enough to consider them. I do think they could have offered out another platinum for anyone crazy enough to do grounded / permadeath for the entire game though.

render

jdv95

so i got my first ps5 platinum and i like how they handled the platinum trophy popping.

we all know that when a trophy pops it gets a little sound effect. but on ps5 the sound when unlocking a platinum is a little different and a bit more fancy compared to the sound of regular trophies on ps5!

a very small detail but still neat .

jdv95

Cornaboyzzz

@render yeah it makes sense, especially for Permadeath mode. I'd like to see the same thing done for online trophies, because they're usually really unfair. If a game has not enough players online or if the servers are shut down, these trophies become impossible to get. They should be in a separate list.

@jdv95 I loved it too, but I expected something even more different.

Edited on by Cornaboyzzz

Cornaboyzzz

Thrillho

That was another Civ 6 game complete for me with some extra trophies.

It was on a fairly easy difficulty on a small map with only a few other other Civs but I got the trophy for declaring war (I didn't have this already as I normally wait for another Civ to declare war on me), domination victory (the main aim of this run, hence the smaller map), but also got Twelve Olympians for getting 12 policy slots as Greece which just requires a top tier government type and some specific wonders.

I also got a DLC trophy for entering a heroic age (i.e. go from a dark age to a golden age) which I didn't even know was a thing.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Heroic Ages can be extremely useful and turn the tide. I always mess up and get a Dark Age in the final era though šŸ˜‚

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@nessisonett Ha, I normally find it easiest in the latter eras as you can churn out great people by that point. Itā€™s normally the early game I struggle with.

If you didnā€™t know, heroic ages let you choose three of the era bonuses rather than just the one you get with a standard age.

One thing on this game was that I got loads of great musicians but itā€™s weird that itā€™s pretty much only wonders that can house them so I just had them sat there with nothing to do.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho I do kinda feel like the last one handled great people a lot lot better. Tbh, Civ V handled most things a lot better and I still go back to it. Civ VI feels like a board game, if that makes sense, while Civ V feels like a video game. The district and building limits seemed to just get in the way for me. Although it somewhat stopped wonder hoarding at least.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@nessisonett I donā€™t mind great people being a bit more distinct than just giving the same ability, and theyā€™re tailored to the person too (eg Charles Darwin gives science points when next to natural wonders but Carl Sagan gives points towards space projects).

Districts make cities more distinct and, like you say, mean you canā€™t just build the same wonders every time.

Iā€™m slowly getting towards getting most of the base trophies but the problem with so much DLC is that there are already about eight trophy lists for the game now!

Thrillho

redd214

Just 100% Astros Playroom for Plat #89, first on the PS5! What a special special game. Full of nostalgia. Was a joy to play through with my kids and teach them PlayStation history at the same time. Hopefully we get more content soon.

redd214

LieutenantFatman

Platinum 99 is Space Hulk Tactics, wooo!
Fun little isometric style turn based game.
Not sure if I should go for a specific title for platinum number 100. Mmmm.

LieutenantFatman

colonelkilgore

@LieutenantFatman

Congrats man, I should get there by about 2023... ish.

I would definitely play something ā€˜specialā€™ for the 100th. Whether it be something special to you (like the latest instalment of a series which you really like) or something deemed an absolute classic by the critics and/or fans.

**** DLC!

LieutenantFatman

@colonelkilgore
Thanks Colonel, I will have to have a think on it. Would love for it to be classic Doom but I'm finding nightmare difficulty absolutely nails. Will give it another try, but I'm sure I can find something else if it remains out of reach.

LieutenantFatman

colonelkilgore

@LieutenantFatman

I find ā€˜thoseā€™ trophies that cause the most stress to be the most satisfying when they finally pop though. Good luck popping that Doom plat!

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

So Iā€™m going for 18 Platinumā€™s this year, which will take my total to 50 by the end of 2021 should I achieve it. Itā€™s ā€˜probablyā€™ a big ask if Iā€™m honest, as I only really get one day a week to game (like a good 10 hour sesh). There will be weeks where Iā€™ll be able to fit in an extra hour or three as and when I can but itā€™ll depend on... well life and what it throws up I guess. The one day a week will also be supplemented by annual leave from work at various points throughout the year but itā€™s still gonna be tight. Also, some games have already been started and played to some degree, so that should help too. Iā€™m also going to be using this ā€˜chase to my 50th Platinum Trophyā€™ to put a MAJOR dent (if not finish off) my PS3 backlog.

My 2021 Schedule:

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PS3)
Sekiro (PS4 - only really a ng+++ run with some specific stuff required)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PS3)
Fallout 4 (PS4 - a second play through where I take two different options on Main Story Quests and a bit of mopping up)
God of War 2 (PS3)
Shadow of Mordor (PS4 - finishing the story and some mop up)
Metal Gear Solid (PS3) - no trophies for this game, so just a play through for context when playing 2, 3 & 4.
The Wolf Among Us (PS4 - just a mop up)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS3)
Shadow of War (PS4 - started it, probably done around 20%)
God of War: Ascension (PS3)
Mad Max (PS4 - started it to ensure that I had the online requirement completed prior to the servers being switched off... probably around 15%-20% done.
Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS3)
Need for Speed: Payback (PS4 - maybe about 15%-20% done)
Danteā€™s Inferno (PS3)
Far cry: New Dawn (PS4 - maybe 30% done)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
Uncharted (PS4 - play through on Crushing difficulty and mop up)
Metal Gear Rising (PS3)

This isā€™nt set in stone though, as I wouldnā€™t mind playing a game or two on the PS5 and Iā€™m really keen to play Kingdom Come: Deliverance and at least the first Danganronpa. So as the mood takes me, any one of these games could well get swapped out for another along the way. I personally will be interested to see how different to this my list of Platinumā€™d games will be at the end of 2021... and if I get to 50.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore If you manage to get the platinum trophies for MGS: Peace Walker, MGS4 or Metal Gear Rising, know that you'll also be earning my eternal respect alongside each. I can't even begin to imagine attempting to platinum those games!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger

Yeah I have heard that Metal Gear Rising in particular is extremely difficult... I also intend on at least attempting to Platinum the Devil May Cry series (probably in 2022 now Iā€™d imagine) and understand that they are also incredibly difficult, Iā€™ll give them the old college try though.

I do find that the difficult ones are the most satisfying though... as a Final Fantasy noob, I found the Platinum for FFVIIr very difficult but it is one that I will always remember as a result. Conversely, I will soon get the Plat on The Wolf Among Us and will feel absolutely nothing about the achievement. Out of interest have you earned any particular Platinum trophies that really stick in the mind due to the struggle?

Iā€™ll be sure to let you know how I get on with my attempts on the three games you highlighted in particular.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore I think FF7R is a reasonably fair platinum with just the ā€œthree dressesā€ trophy being a particular pain.

I think weā€™ve had the conversation a while ago but my proudest platinum was also (I think) my first for Call of Duty: World at War as there were a few tricky individual ones but the game was also a monster to beat on Veteran mode.

Storming the Reichstag at the end was horrendous when it wasnā€™t far off one hit kills on you and enemies keep respawning unless you push on.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic