Forums

Topic: The Last Of Us Part II - OT (No Spoilers)

Posts 321 to 340 of 522

AliDtbh

I bought the Digital Copy from , USA Playstation Store
and the collectors edition Disc is from UK (Europe) Region

:/

what can i do now ?

AliDtbh

WanderingBullet

@BearsEatBeets I just spammed using R1 plus Circle in every area. Managed to find all collectibles without having to really having to rely much on guides.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

JohnnyShoulder

@WanderingBullet That is not available unless you activate it in the options. I was not aware of this until I had finished the game lol. I'm kind of glad I didn't either, as I quite enjoyed scrounging around for supplies. Doing that takes the enjoyment of finding things yourself, for me anyway.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

@WanderingBullet @JohnnyShoulder Having heard about it I must admit I've turned it on now I'm in the second half of the game as a back-up. I still like to find stuff myself but before I leave a room area I'll do a quick scan to see if I missed anything. Mainly as having had a quick look at the chapters I've done I've apparently missed quite a few cards despite being very thorough(I thought). Although it turns out I haven't missed a journal entry when I thought I had and still on track with benches/safes all accounted for.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

WanderingBullet

@JohnnyShoulder @BearsEatBeets I turned on that option during midway of the story and only had to find one more trading card in terms of collectibles on my second playthrough.lol

@Octane I seemed to recalled one maybe two cars where you had to break the windows in order to pickup trading cards.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

ApostateMage

I've come to the conclusion that Dina is my favourite character. She has some of the best lines throughout the game and loves dropping the F-bomb. She's ace. Big shout out to my boy, Jesse, too.

ApostateMage

InvaderJim

2nd play through have been having fun with the slow motion aiming from the accessibility options.

Loving all the crazy little details ND are good at, and keep getting more and more impressed with them. After friend pointed out the way pooling blood behaves differently depending on the surface its on, I've been on a mission to view this on as many different surfaces as I can.

InvaderJim

nessisonett

The first TLOU isn’t bad at all so far. I have rather a few niggles with the gameplay but that’s to be expected from a PS3 game. The graphics are great though, I think it might be 4K on my Pro. Some of the movable objects’ models look kinda bad but the lighting is great, especially the dust particles in the air. It actually reminds me a lot of Metro 2033, you move along a mostly linear path from A to B while avoiding post-apocalyptic monsters and managing scarce ammo. I’m enjoying the game a lot more than I expected although I do think it’s just not really my kind of game. I can see why some people would see it as a masterpiece when it was first released but I don’t think it has the same staying power as other games of that standing such as Ocarina of Time, Half-Life 2 and Metal Gear Solid 1/2/3 solely due to Naughty Dog’s direction style. They tend to emulate Hollywood movies therefore I think they age slightly worse, they don’t take full advantage of gaming as a medium. I’m also not a big fan of Joel, he definitely falls into ‘gruff man who gets new outlook on life due to child/black person/Autistic Dustin Hoffman’. I’m currently just about to get out of Pittsburgh so I think I have a lot more to do but I am enjoying the game, the shooting’s a whole lot better than Uncharted. Overall, it’s probably a high 7/low 8 so far but I expect my feelings to change as it goes on.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

Onto Fall now in TLOU1. Lord, this game is depressing.

JohnnyShoulder

@LN78 At just over 3 hours long I think I will be giving that a miss! Suppose you could watch it in parts though.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@LN78 Indeed.

Apologies if I have missed it, but if you have finished tlou2, what did you think of it?

Matroska

Okay, I just found out you can use slow motion during cutscenes and it's the most surreal, hilarious and relaxing thing. Mild spoilers for the end/start of Seattle Day 2/3 (can't remember which).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kUCPqw-00ZE

It's also really cool going through the game again and tackling things in funny ways now you know what to expect. Behold, a very efficient way of dealing with that workbench part (you'll know what I mean if you've got there).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eYnO59OY0QE

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

Octane

@Matroska Yeah, I thought about setting traps after that encounter. But lol the whole room is a puddle of blood.

Apparently the Japanese version has been heavily censored, I've watched some clips online and there's no dismemberment, less blood, no pieces of flesh and meat flying around. There are a couple of clickers without legs in the game that crawl towards you, but in the Japanese version they still have their legs lol. And any nudity is removed; even the note that had a bunch of d***s and tits doodled on it.

Octane

nessisonett

I somehow managed to beat TLOU1. Wow, the last couple of hours are insanely rushed. It was literally 2 hours from the Winter section to the end credits, and I was taking my time! Not a big fan of the ending, I understand the extremely obvious subtext about Joel’s dead daughter and I actually agree with saving Ellie, there were no guarantees that a vaccine could even be made but they tried way way too hard to justify Joel’s actions. The game basically chucked notes at you that emphasised in big capital letters that saving Ellie was the right choice, thereby taking away from the moral ambiguity that they were forcing down your throat the entire game. Considering it was a Naughty Dog game, I actually enjoyed the gameplay more than the story which is pretty hilarious. I really enjoyed the survival horror influences but Joel’s tiny pockets that could hold a flamethrower but apparently not more than 20 bullets did my head in. It was definitely a good game and I can’t believe it was on PS3 but there were too many little issues for me to really say I fully enjoyed it. Probably a high 7 to low 8 for me, depending on my mood. I’ll play the 2nd game when I can get it for cheap.

BearsEatBeets

So I finished it last night. I might post some more detailed thoughts at a later date but overall it's an excellent game that probably could have been a bit shorter. Some of the best sequences were in the second half with my favourites being the descent through the hotel and the hospital car-park.
Going to see if I can mop up some remaining trophies before Friday.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@LN78 That’s the thing, I have no problem with the whole moral ambiguity angle but don’t do it half arsed, either say Joel was in the right or don’t bother having all those notes specifically engineered to justify his actions. I think I’d enjoy Part 2 for the gameplay to be honest, I really did like the first one’s gameplay loop and the improvements should do nicely. My absolute least favourite thing was the cuts to each season. It made sense the first time due to the whole Henry and Sam thing but they just kept skipping ahead a month or two in a rush to finish the story. I liked being able to see where I was heading in the distance, it really felt like a journey but by skipping ahead a few hundred miles every cutscene, I lost that sense of progression. Like I said, it’s not a bad game by any stretch of the matter but it’s not a masterpiece either and I don’t feel strongly enough about the characters for the second one to annoy me that way. Like, I don’t understand how anybody who played the first one could be outraged over Joel, it pretty much sets it up right at the end and he admits over the course of the game that he’s done terrible things. If he didn’t get his comeuppance, it would be a miracle!

ApostateMage

@BearsEatBeets That whole journey to the hospital with Lev was probably my favourite part of the whole game. The trip through the hotel was brilliantly tense.

ApostateMage

ApostateMage

@Matroska I've seen some of his work with other games. His Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order stuff is amazing!

ApostateMage

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic