Forums

Topic: The Last Of Us Part II - OT (No Spoilers)

Posts 301 to 320 of 522

carlos82

@BearsEatBeets yeah I was pleasantly surprised it works, its a shame we never get the chance to play with the fancy rope mechanics in a combat environment and use it to set traps, like a very adult Home Alone game 😂

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Col_McCafferty

I played it on Moderate but completed it around the 36/37 hour mark. A lot of that time was spent looking resources but also sneaking around and waiting for the moment to strike.

Sometimes things went to plan and other times.... they didn't.

🤦

Brilliant game, really interesting story and concepts. The score and sound design adds so much to the atmosphere and helps build the tension during the majority of encounters with the Infected but also human enemies in particular the Seraphites.

Col_McCafferty

andreoni79

Ok, I finished it.
In one word: DEVASTATING

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

ApostateMage

I've just accidentally overwritten my autosave halfway though new game plus with an old save. As good as the game is, I don't fancy playing through it all yet again just to sweep up collectables and max out the skills and weapons for trophies. I'll return some other time for this platinum.

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

@ApostateMage Yeah I almost did that, but a warning came up to do a manual save of the completed game file. So I did that and am just using chapter select to get the last few collectables I missed.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

carlos82

@ApostateMage yeah they've messed up how selecting chapters work, your overall save file is always keeping track of everything you've collected so I don't see why you can't always just select which chapter to play after you've beat the game.

One other thing I'd like to see on new game + is being able to play without the flashback scenes. They're important first time round to flesh out the characters but by now we already know and it just takes you out of the action for too long

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

ApostateMage

@JohnnyShoulder @carlos82 I thought it would be like Uncharted with a sepaerate save file for all collectables, that's why I loaded old saves for a few missed cards and coins. It's strange they way they've done it.

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

@ApostateMage @carlos82 I loaded an old save to visit all the locations from Seattle day 1 so I didn't have to play the whole chapter again, but the other stuff I'm just using chapter select. I had one safe to crack which was right near the end of a chapter lol, but it was quite fun using tactics this time round. Like alerting the infected so they wipe most of the WLF and then picking them off while they fight each other.

But yeah the save system does work in strange way, when you manual save it just uses the last auto save, not at the exact point you are in the game. On the flipside the checkpoints are quite generous, when you die in an encounter it doesn't usually take you back right to the start of it.

Can't be bothered playing through game again looking for coins etc. I'm not a great replayer of games at the best if times.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BearsEatBeets

I'm hoping my meticulousness of searching every area means I'll have minimal need to go back over stuff to find things. If the game could show a trail on a map of each area of where you walked, it would look like a toddler had scribbled over it for me.
I was pleased I got the 'all workbenches' trophy last night so I didn't miss any of them. I'm still Ellie at the moment so does Abbey (does anyone not know by now?) not use any or is it the same ones?

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

carlos82

@BearsEatBeets Abby uses workbenches too so I'm surprised you got the trophy, I did miss one in the boat area which happens to be Ellie's but that seems odd, then again her part is more exploration focused so maybe thats why

BearsEatBeets

@carlos82 yeah the trophy popped when I got to the boat one. That was also the first time I found some stuff(crafting materials/gun parts) underwater. I was wondering if they would put any collectibles underwater and was just starting to think checking was probably not necessary when I found that stuff.
Does Abbey use the same workbenches though, as in you play through the same areas? If not the trophy must just refer to Ellie.

BearsEatBeets

carlos82

@BearsEatBeets Abby has her own areas, I did the same searching underwater but there's almost nothing in it. Same with the cars, you can break the windows but I've seen virtually nothing in any of them

Octane

@carlos82 Yeah that's weird. I remember seeing Ellie break a car window in a trailer to get some resources, but I've checked a ton of cars, and they were all empty.

Octane

BearsEatBeets

@carlos82 @Octane It's good to see you both say that. I been checking all the cars and was beginning to think I'm probably wasting my time. I'll keep checking the back of trucks though.
I love that you can smash most glass and that some materials can be inside glass cabinets. Climbing and crawling have both really added to the exploration part of the game. It's a shame when I find ammo/materials but can't carry anymore.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets I think the the trophy you unlocked is for finding 12 workbenches. You won't find them all until much later in the game.

JohnnyShoulder

@ApostateMage You could always load up a save before the end, and play through it until the credits, skipping those and past the cut scenes. It should take that long, depending on where the save is. At least that way you will have a chapter select for the whole game. Although you will need another play through for all the upgrades anyway. I was reading a guide and you only need to be at just over the half way point in the game to complete all the upgrades, when you first take control of Abby.

ApostateMage

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah that's what I did. I had a save way back at the point where Abbs and Manny the spitter meet with Isaac. I'm having fun again.

ApostateMage

carlos82

@JohnnyShoulder yeah it was very easy to finish of the upgrades with Abby, especially if you did plenty of exploring first time round. I just have to get the last of the coins for the platinum now

AliDtbh

Hi ,

can any one of you help me out please

I purchased Digital copy from Playstation Store on June 19th and Pre-ordered Collectors Edition which came in yesterday.

i finished the game on digital copy , now i want to use the saved data of digital on the physcial disc which came in yesterday .

how can i do that ?

FYI - i dont have PS Plus

AliDtbh

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic