Mortal Kombat X's Raiden Pops the Eyes of His Opponents

Dr. Zeus

Everyone’s favourite lampshade sporting sparrer Raiden is unsurprisingly making a comeback in upcoming PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 sequel Mortal Kombat X – and his hat looks sillier than ever. As revealed at the EVO Championships over the weekend, the Thunder God comes equipped with three gnarly styles, each focusing on alternative electrocution-based attacks.

In addition to the usual roster of bone breaking moves, the silver haired star also treats us to one of his fatalities, which sees the eyes of his opponent – an unfortunate Kotal Kahn – removed from their sockets and vaporised. This extends the title’s roster to seven, with favourites such as Scorpion and Sub-Zero already confirmed. The title’s due out next year.

Are your thumbs eagerly anticipating the latest button bashing affair from NetherRealm Studios? Dart across the screen in the comments section below.

[via eurogamer.net]

Related Games

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

Can't wait for this game and to play local tournaments with my gaming group of weird people! ;)

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@get2sammyb

That's kind of why I've been preaching against cross-gen. I understand from a business perspective that throwing a 160 mil userbase out the window is probably insane given today's gaming market. At the same time, developers have to move on eventually and both the PS4 and Xbox One are selling at a good rate. It's too late to lament the decision at this point but hopefully NetherRealm's next game (I'd guess Injustice 2?) will be PS4, X1, PC. That's a ways off though and I'd be lying if I said I'm not still hyped big time for this game as I loved MK 9.

Demi_God

Demi_God said:

yep, this game has that impact factor in it. I like what I've been seeing so far.

NAZA-187

NAZA-187 said:

Can't wait for this shiz to drop an hope I can play it online, cause I couldn't play it on my ps3

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

Doesn't look as good as the other gameplay nope, hopefully its not nearly finished in that vid. I always think of Chris Lambert now whenever Raiden crops up.