You'll Be Able to Watch Sony's E3 Press Conference Live in Movie Theatres

Posted by Robert Ramsey

Where dreams are made

In an initiative dubbed The PlayStation E3 Experience, Sony will be broadcasting its 2014 press conference live across more than 40 North American theatres. Better act quick, though, as seats are limited, and the whole thing won't cost you a penny.

Featuring bonus footage that stars the one and only Geoff Keighley, those who attend one of these showings will get to see exclusive developer interviews, as well as take home a "PlayStation surprise". It all sounds rather intriguing doesn't it? You can reserve your place at one of these events by clicking through here, or if you're hungry for more information, you can check out the PlayStation Blog's most recent post or the official trailer that we've embedded on this very page. Would you love to attend? Could you handle the E3 hype on a cinema screen? Panic for a place in the comments section below.

[via blog.us.playstation.com, eventgrid.com]

Punished_Boss_84

Punished_Boss_84 said:

Thats so cool... Wait, what? Only in NA? Curses! I suppose it will end up on Youtube at somepoint.

It will probably be nothing special because according to the internet brigade Sony is making no games at all :D However, is a different approach to E3 like Sony said.

Swiket

Swiket said:

There's one 20 minutes away from here... but nah. I don't really see the appeal.

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

I'd do it if it was 15-20 minutes away. But the nearest ones an hour so I'll pass.

adf86

adf86 said:

Sony's certainly putting pressure on themselves, they surely wouldn't go into this much trouble if they didn't feel they had significant amount of stuff to show that would look great on the big screen.

Carl-G

Carl-G said:

Cool video :P SONY must be showing some BIG games then :P But i will be snug in bed when it's on(in the UK) :D

AeroZeppelin

AeroZeppelin said:

It's a really cool idea and a great way to promote PlayStation but I'll just watch this at home instead right here on good old Push Square! :)

SilentJ

SilentJ said:

There's one about 30 min away from me but I know I'd end up having to go alone so I think I'll pass. I'd love to know what the take-home Playstation surprise is.

AeroZeppelin

AeroZeppelin said:

@Carl-G @adf86 Exactly this makes me even more excited for Sony's conference then i was before they must have some really great games to show otherwise they wouldn't be doing this

Demi_God

Demi_God said:

Yea, something HUGE is happening at Sony. It's going to be BIG.......BIG

Sony is like Burt Gummer.

Untitled

SecondServing

SecondServing said:

I wonder what Sony will show...it must be groundbreaking for them to be confident enough to show their press conference in theaters...

adf86

adf86 said:

Can you imagine Shawn Layden on stage saying "Sony is proud to announce the long awaited return of one of Playstation's most beloved franchises...only on Playstation 4...SUPER RUB a DUB 2!!!" With one lonely voice at the back of the of the cinema saying " You gotta friggin kidding me?!" ;)

Cloud7794

Cloud7794 said:

@get2sammyb I actually already have a group of about 10 signed up for this. The movie theater is about 5 minutes away from my house (there are 3 participating in my state; I really lucked out here). I can't wait to see what special things they do after the press conference, though I can't imagine it'd be anything TOO amazing as they gotta give their best stuff on stage. Those freebies will be cool though.

N711

N711 said:

Wow nice way to hype E3
Ive got a good feeling about it but probably also a lot of multi plat reveals etc

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

I'm sorry but this makes me laugh. I can just envision a bunch of hyper-fans cheering and applauding every line with popcorn and drinks...

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@get2sammyb

Hey I'm not knockin it lol... but I usually just like to catch the highlights. Not too big on long, drawn out presentations. And lately these types of things have gotten a tad too artificial for my liking. Just give me the Cliff Notes version with a bullet point list of highlights afterward and I'm good

redd214

redd214 said:

Got tickets for my wife and I. Will be a fun date! If anyone is gonna be at the Washington DC venue let me know!!

drumsandperc92

drumsandperc92 said:

well, i think it's safe to expect a much more major E3 than any of us expected this year to be....
Last february they announced PS4. Last E3 was the PS4's E3 debut, and it was a blow out of information.
They didn't do this movie thing at all last year.
Sony, what the hell do you have up your sleeve!?
Folks, the hype train has just broken the sound barrier.

iSolipsistJudas

iSolipsistJudas said:

So I registered for the event bus says I've been waitlisted, but the email says that I have to arrive 15 minutes prior and will be let in. Does this mean I should still come or...?

Alpha2797

Alpha2797 said:

No...seats are full here. Looks like I'll be missing this. If only this was announced today when I had access to my computer to get a ticket...