Samurai Warriors 4 Will Unleash its True Musou on PS4 This Autumn in the West

Posted by Robert Ramsey

Also smashing onto PS3 and Vita

In an announcement that's certain to have musou fans struggling to catch their breath, publisher Tecmo Koei has revealed today that Samurai Warriors 4 will be marching West this Autumn. Even better, the hack and slash title will be bursting onto all of Sony's platforms — most notably the PlayStation 4. The game will join Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition on the next-gen machine, a release that's already shown how far a Warriors game can advance with the help of new hardware.

Known as Sengoku Musou 4 in its native Japan, the title launched only on PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in its homeland back in March of this year. To top off this rather exciting news, the release will also be getting an animated trailer within the next couple of days as it takes to the show floor at the MCM London Comic-Con. Is your musou gauge already filling at the thought of more Warriors on PS4? Or are you eager to conquer feudal Japan on the go? See who can get the most KOs in the comments section below.

[via tecmokoeiexpo.com]

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

I've hardly touched dynasty warriors on my ps4 but so far its fairly fun. I might have to wait for 5 if they send it west.

divinelite

divinelite said:

Yeeess
I really fed up of 8 times dinasty but i never know story if samurai warrior so its good

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

Suprising news really. Been posting news past few weeks about leaked rating board ratings (Germany & Australia) for Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate on Ps3/Vita so this news for Samurai Warriors 4 came outta nowhere. Should be an interesting deviation from Dynasty arriors as its been a while since I played Samurai Warriors 2 Empires on Xbox360

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

If they have an empire like mode, or have it be where you have your own character in Samurai Warriors: Chronicles, then I'll be very interested. If not, I'll wait for an empires or Chronicles game.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

@Jaz007 I believe it does have a mode where you play as your own character. Not quite an Empires affair, though.

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

@ShogunRok Sweet, I'll definitely need into look into getting it now. In Samurai Warriors: Chronicles having my own character did a lot for the story. I'd be happy with story based affair as long I get to be me. I know the sequel to Chronicles (sadly not brought to the West) let you make choices that affected the story. If I'm lucky this will too.

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

@ShogunRok I'm sold. That looks like just what I want. I think that might be better than an empire mode. Who knows if I'll even play the normal story mode that much lol.

Vorlon

Vorlon said:

Great, I just spent the last week(s) playing Orochi Warriors 3 on my PS3.