inFAMOUS: Second Son's Day One Patch Adds 5 Hours of Extra Content
Posted by Kell Andersen
Bound to cause a rowe
Launch day patches are a contentious issue. Some argue that they provide a convenient way for a developer to work on a game even after it's been prepped for shipping, while others lament the need for them in the first place. Whatever your stance, we can all agree that launch day updates which also include free playable content are a nice compromise.
Sucker Punch has adopted this mentality when developing inFAMOUS: Second Son's first upgrade, including some extra goodies along with the requisite laundry list of fixes. Most notably, the Washington-based studio has packed in the first of 19 new side missions, amounting to about five hours of extra gameplay that will make up the Paper Trail expansion over a period of six weeks. The free add-on will see you snooping about the streets of Seattle, as well as trawling some websites on your real life computer in order to solve a malicious murder.
Oh, and in case you were interested, we've included the full list of fixes as follows:
Cole's Legacy Content Pack
- Free with pre-order
- Explore the events immediately following inFAMOUS 2
- Work with an investigative reporter to understand the source of conduit powers
- 4 story missions, approximately 1 hour of gameplay
inFamous Paper Trail Storyline
- FREE bonus missions and exclusive web content
- Innovative online and in-game story arc co-developed by Sucker Punch and 42 Entertainment
- Manga and murder, follow the trail of origami doves to discover the full story behind the D.U.P.'s occupation of Seattle.
- 19 story missions and corresponding web-based investigations, approximately 5 hours of unique gameplay.
- Normal difficulty has been slightly increased to challenge the player's mastery of their powers
- Expert difficulty has been fine-tuned to ensure it is the best experience for skilled gamers
- Karma progression extended to support longer playtime
- The boss fights have been re-tuned for difficulty and fun
- More dynamic boss behaviours and attacks
Pedestrians and D.U.P.s
- Engine performance tweaks to allow for more life and activity in the city
- Increased pedestrian and traffic density and variety
- Increased pedestrian-related karmic opportunities
- Post-story enemy activity and D.U.P. raids
- Graphics and performance improvements
- Fixes for a small number of infrequent blocking bugs
- PSN integration to support Paper Trail DLC
What do you make of this extensive enhancement? Are you a fan of the increasingly common launch day patch? Give us your best angsty rant in the comments section below.