Still Not Convinced by PS4's Power? Watch This Killzone: Shadow Fall Video

Clear as day

There’s no doubt that the PlayStation 4 offers an enormous graphical leap over current generation consoles, but it can be difficult to illustrate some of the improvements in image quality through lossy online streaming services such as YouTube. In order to make up for that, Guerrilla Games has prepared an ultra high bitrate video of Killzone: Shadow Fall for you to bust your monthly bandwidth limit with.

The footage – which you can grab directly through here – shows off a multiplayer match on a map named ‘The Park’. According to technical director Michiel van der Leeuw, this stage is situated deep behind enemy lines, in the shadow of a Visari tribute statue. “As you can probably tell from the footage, the multiplayer outputs at a native 1080p, rendering uncapped but always targeting 60 frames-per-second,” he explained on the PlayStation Blog.

Have you been able to download the clip? Are you impressed by the visual fidelity on display? Drop your jaw in the comments section below.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

banacheck

banacheck said:

Youtube videos don't do Shadow Fall justice it's one of the best looking games available for next gen, the Official PlayStation Mag has some excellent footage of both the single player campaign & multiplayer.

ivanmata

ivanmata said:

That looks amazing! Can't wait to play it, for now I can only hold the game in my hands and wait.... XD

drumsandperc92

drumsandperc92 said:

@get2sammyb thanks man, the download is crystal clear and a much better option that streaming anyway.
This is definitely the best looking footage of it i've seen, probably because it was a download. Either way, the game looks pretty, very pretty.

Kayoss

Kayoss said:

Never played any of the killzone games on the ps3. Did play mercenary beta on the vita but that was it. After seeing this video my jaw dropped to the floor. I pre ordered the ps3 an drive lib but I might get this game too.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

"Enormous" is pushing it. The leap is nowhere near as big as every generation leap has been previously, something which won't happen again as games are getting close to graphical limit. Yes, it's probably the best graphics I've seen but not by a huge amount.

eLarkos

eLarkos said:

Sadly, there was nothing in that video that impressed me. If that's the best the next gen has to offer out of the gate then im not excited. To me it looks like a slightly spruced up FPS that we have seen time and time again this gen.

I remember playing COD Modern warfare for the first time (I was late to the PS3 party) and was blown away compared to PS2.

Obviously my expectations were too high for this gen :(

fullyilly

fullyilly said:

Ooooh, wish I hadn't watched that...I'm now tempted to cancel my pre-order as this was the only game I wanted on the PS4 and it feels like a shiny PS3 game. Dammit.