Score Free PlayStation Mobile Games This Winter

Posted by Orla Madden

Ten free games in total

With all of the hype surrounding the release of the PlayStation 4 this year, you may have forgotten that Sony has other platforms on the market – including PlayStation Mobile. The micro-game service launched in October last year, but has fallen off the radar a little over the past twelve months.

However, the Japanese giant's hoping to stir up a little interest with a new initiative this winter, delivering two free games each week between 27th November and 18th December, and again from 8th January through to 22nd January. That's a total of ten freebies if our calculations are correct.

The first two titles available for download are Passing Time and Rymdkapsel. Passing Time is a touch-controlled football game developed by the creators of Frobisher Says, while meditative strategy title Rymdkapsel sees you building your own space station. Are you a fan of PlayStation Mobile? Will you be taking advantage of these giveaways? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

I would just like to add that both Passing Time and Rymdkapsel are excellent so please download them if you haven't already.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

Ive got Playstation Mobile on my XperiaZ but in truth Ive never used it :| might have a look into it with this free game initiative @get2sammyb Just had a quick look and they are up and free. Ill give them a go :)

@MadchesterManc These are both really fun. Worst thing about PS Mobile: no Trophy support. Just tack it on and I'd be much more willing to try out these titles. As it is, they're just expensive iPhones games. (Although, these two are particularly good.)

Epic

Epic said:

"Sorry but this service is not available in your country"
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

@get2sammyb Im not really fussed about trophies but its defintely an oversight, especially now with games on Google Play being rolled out with achievements. Itll be interesting to see how the Passing Time game turns out at least.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

I discovered a couple gems last year when Sony did this that I otherwise would've skipped over. The main one being OMG Zombies, highly addictive. Glad to see this program running again.

AVahne

AVahne said:

I don't understand how to play Passing Time yet, but I'll give it another shot. Rymdkapsel, on the other hand, is very fun and relaxation; I'm really loving that game.
Playstation Mobile actually has some pretty fun games. For example, Adventure Bar Story Labyrinth is a nice rogue-like RPG that plays well on my Xperia Play. I just wish that the onscreen buttons were optional.
I wonder if that new Blood Wyvern game will be offered for free. It's pretty cheap though, so I'll probably just purchase it anyway.