Feast Your Eyes on These Gorgeous New Final Fantasy X HD Screenshots

Posted by Orla Madden

A thing of wonder

It's been well over a year since Square Enix revealed Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, a compilation featuring the studio's seminal PlayStation 2 role-playing games. Fortunately, the Japanese company recently summoned a date for its home nation, confirming that fans will be able to dive back into Spira on the 26th December on both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. While there's still no firm plans attached to the Western update, however, at least you can salivate over these brand new screenshots displaying familiar characters and scenes from Final Fantasy X's epic adventure.

In addition to the screens below, reports suggest that those looking to pick up the re-mastered classics overseas will be nabbing the most complete version of Final Fantasy X-2. "In addition to the Last Mission from X-2, additional dresspheres and the Creature Creator will be included in the game," said series producer Yoshinori Kitase. The Creature Creator will enable you to capture the game's vicious monsters and swap them into your party instead of the main members. Is this compilation on your radar? Drool over the images, and conjure up a comment in the interactive space below.

[via siliconera.com, joystiq.com]

@dudey300 The re-master is definitely pretty. It looked great at Eurogamer Expo. Still, I can't believe this is taking so long. These HD re-masters are supposed to be easy money, but Square Enix has spent like a full game development cycle on this one. Crazy.

Faustek

Faustek said:

@dudey300 I did..300h+...I think I played this game to much...oh well I can probably mange half that now and let's hope they made it easier to Dodge lightning :D

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

@get2sammyb Yeah this one has taken way too long. I can't believe that the Ps4 is going to have launched before the FFX remaster is out :| Still, Im most looking forward to the Vita versions even though it looks quite lush on Ps3.

Grockumus

Grockumus said:

@Faustek The trophy list is going to be frustrating, I can already tell: Dodging the lightning, getting everyone's final weapon (including Wakka's ball by playing that dreaded Blitzball game), filling the whole sphere grid, getting all summons, etc.

dudey300Staff

dudey300 said:

@Faustek This game took up a lot of my time back in the day. I cleared it 3-4 times, and I'm tempted to boot it up again and go for a 5th run!

dudey300Staff

dudey300 said:

@Faustek Smart choice! I'll most likely do the same as I've too many games to play atm between PS3, Wii U and 3DS!

JMC

JMC said:

I'm definetely getting both for Vita. I loved FFX and I was almost finishing FFX-2 when this was announced, so I didn't finish it.
They're great games and the suspend function for Vita is perfect for RPGs.

Cloud7794

Cloud7794 said:

@Grockumus Hey I rather liked the blitzball :P I would regularly take breaks from the main game just to go on a tournament run. I will be dreading the "Capture EVERY monster" trophy though @_@

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

As long as they don't throw in some BS time trial like they did on Kingdom Hearts, I really don't think the Trophies will upset me too much...I'm a completionist anyway, so I'd already be going for a lot of those optional things. I never finished the game on PS2...I was in the middle of monster capture farming at the time, guess I got distracted. I think Trophies might help me stick with it...hard to say. :P

odd69

odd69 said:

I would buy this, as I've been playing FFonline for weeks(nice way to take a break). I still have my ps2 copy in my collection. i cant let it go