Video: Watch Us Put the Pedal to the Metal in Gran Turismo 6

Rolling start

Gran Turismo 6’s refreshingly early demo strapped itself into the PlayStation Store today, and we persuaded video boffin Rory Cocker to don his best leather gloves and take the title for a test drive. The gameplay teaser – which is available as part of the annual GT Academy competition – allows you to sample a handful of courses from the full game, including the prestigious Silverstone circuit.

Assuming that you reside in a participating region, you’ll be able to use the demo to channel your inner Lewis Hamilton and compete for a place among the Nissan racing elite. The contest’s set to run until 28th July, while the demo itself will be available until 31st August. We're genuinely impressed that our Rory managed to keep his tyres on the track, but we don’t fancy his chances against Sebastian Vettel and company. Still, it’s the taking part that counts. Have you had a chance to check out the demo yet? Let us know in the comments section below.

Autumn Ring Gameplay

Autumn Ring Replay

Grand Valley Speedway Gameplay

Grand Valley Speedway Replay

3Above

3Above said:

Unfortunately the NA psn hasnt updated yet. Why they can never be on time is beyond me. EU Asia and Japan psn udpates like clockwork ( not the sly cooper villian lol ), even when they are late they still post before NA PSN. Sigh....

3Above

3Above said:

And now its updated and I look like a whinny bafoon. Yeah good times.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Hey Rory whats better, this or Fast & Furious: Showdown ;-)

Anybody know anything about a PSN update to version 1.06? I was going to DL this demo but when the PS3 asked to install an update I figured I better check out if it's ok first. I'm 50+ hours into Rainbow Moon, I'm not i the mood for any malfunctions, even fixable ones.

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

@rjejr I saw guy with your name in Tekken Revolution today. If I remember correctly, he was from irland =). anyway, Store update 1.06 is OK. And it is just update for application, not for firmware. So you can't kill you PS3 with it.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Gemuarto - Thanks for the update info. Normally I just go ahead and update but last weeks firmware update had me a little spooked.

Never been to Ireland - London once - never played Tekken, must be the anti-me. Probably a very happy guy :-)

Ristar42

Ristar42 said:

Nice Daytona reference :) I still play that game on PS3 even now, beats the Saturn and Dreamcast versions.
Never been the biggest fan of Gran Turismo's realistic approach myself, I remember finding the scope of the original game very impressive, but the driving itself, not so much my thing.
Favourite driving game of recent years was probably Grid, going to get the demo for this and see what I think though, as not played Gran Turismo since the 2nd one on original Playstation.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

I still want to know how this is different to GT5, other than improved physics.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

GT5 is good enough for me. This doesn't look much different.

Now I want to get on GT5 and take my Lambo for a spin. :D