E3 2013: Aveline's Story Will Continue in Assassin's Creed IV

But only on PlayStation

We’ll let you in on a secret: we don’t actually remember what happened at the end of Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation. All that we really recall is that the PlayStation Vita exclusive got so bogged down in its own pseudo-science fiction that it prompted us to describe the storyline as “incomprehensible” in our review.

Still, there’s a good chance that Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag will add some clarity to that particular plot. During the Sony press conference last week, the platform holder confirmed that the PlayStation versions of the title will allow you to assume the role of portable protagonist Aveline again. However, according to single player game director Ashraf Ismail, the added extra will amount to much more than a skin.

Chatting with Joystiq, the developer explained that the exclusive content will include a brand new chapter in Aveline’s story. Because the time periods don’t naturally match up with the main campaign, you’ll have to access this content via the Animus. It’s unclear if the bonus mission will take place in New Orleans, but Ismail does promise that it will really flesh out the character’s story.

We rather liked Aveline, so we’re pleased that she’s getting a second shot in the spotlight. Are you planning to purchase Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via joystiq.com]

Related Games

MorriganIsHot

MorriganIsHot said:

I never got the chance to finish her game thanks to the vita crapped out, it is good to see her on the big screen in HD next gen.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

This is good news, I don't know when I'll get AC IV though, I realized during AC III that I'm getting a bit burnt out on the franchise.

NathanUC

NathanUC said:

@Gamer83 Agreed. I still haven't even finished AC3 or Liberation..... I don't think I've touched them since their launch week.

I would have liked to see 4 being something radically different.

ObviouslyAdachi

ObviouslyAdachi said:

I bought the Liberation bundle and I've fully synced every mission in Liberation. I don't see why the story confuses people just because it skips over a couple things, I know what happened. But I don't really like Aveline. I hope the next Vita AC outing has a different protagonist.

Savino

Savino said:

I was going to buy is on wiiu due the off-tv play....
But with vita and now extra content... Sorry nintendo!

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

you know i still haven't got this game yet

@Savino if you have a PSVita and got the game on PS4 you can still have off tv play and still get all the extra content

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@nathanuc1988

Yeah, if there is one series that needs to take a bit of a break it's AC. Go back to the drawing board, make some changes and hit us with a game that is as great as AC II was. I know these games still make money but unlike CoD, the main focus is singleplayer and it just feels like with yearly iterations the developers are stuck only able to make minor changes that in the end don't really do much to improve the product.