PlayStation Network Down for Some, Sony Looking into the Problem

Service suffering from connectivity issues

You may want to put that pre-arranged Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 session on ice – the PlayStation Network is suffering from some poorly timed connectivity issues at the present. We’re able to log in without an issue here in the UK, but there are widespread reports of users receiving maintenance messages alongside the error codes ‘80710092’ and '80710016'.

Sony has tweeted that it’s aware of the issues, and is working towards a solution as we type. “We're looking into it, stay tuned for updates,” the platform holder wrote a few moments ago. Hey, look on the bright side: at least now you can get started on those weekend chores a little earlier than expected.

Update: You can keep regular checks on the PlayStation Network's status through here. It's currently showing as 'Offline', even though we're totally connected. Sometimes life doesn't make sense.

[via twitter.com]

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

Playing some ME3 co-op right now with no problems. But for those that are having issues, this is some great timing on the eve of the weekend - as always.

NathanUC

NathanUC said:

I had some problems just now with Dead or Alive 5+ connecting (might be because it's not technically out yet) and also having issues using the store. Everything else seems normal here.

belmont

belmont said:

There seems to be some minor problems when browsing the store (Greece). Sometimes I am told that the service is under maintenance but if I retry it works. I have not tried online gaming.

odd69

odd69 said:

its the store for me, im online but cant spend my monies in the store. I hope its a redesign,please. The store took a plunge towards the deep end.

PSNotWork

PSNotWork said:

same, i cant add money to the store tho, is it undergoing mainenance..... i no its not my console as i have tried several times to add money on 2 diffent consoles and PCs. and im in the UK

Splat

Splat said:

I'm in the US and was on the PSN store and played some Spec Ops: The Line online with no trouble not to long ago.