BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2 Sprints onto PS3 and Vita

Currently jogging through certification

The audaciously named BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2 – Future Legend of Rhythm Alien will run circles around the PlayStation 3 and Vita shortly, developer Gaijin Games has announced. While the studio has told us to expect more details about the handheld port next week, the company has confirmed that the console version will deploy early next month.

You can catch Commander Video in his new polygonal form courtesy of the trailer below, which also shows off some of the slick new scenery you can expect to jog through when the title drops. We’ll have a full interview with the fine folks at Gaijin Games in the coming weeks, so if you’re not quite sure why you should be excited about BIT.TRIP’s multiplatform debut, stay tuned.

Related Games

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@get2sammyb You made a mistake in your article. Surely you meant "if you’re not quite sure why you should be excited about BIT.TRIP’s multiplatform debut then you are simply not a gamer." So excited for new BIT.TRIP Runner I can barely wait!

Snorky

Snorky said:

Played the original Bit.trip on steam and it was pretty great. I kinda liked the way the original looked a bit more than this, but it's exciting to think about playing this on the vita

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@Snorky Although the original Spectrum-era look was better the games just didn't catch much "casual" attention. Sadly graphics are becoming more and more important than the game itself. But if it makes the game sell more and we get new versions of the other BIT.TRIP's (please do a new BIT.TRIP Beat!!!) then I'm all for it.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@get2sammyb If you haven't done the interview yet (or whoever is doing it) could you (he/she?) ask Gaijin if Runner 2 does well could we get more HD sequels? Particularly Beat.

Splat

Splat said:

I loved the first Runner on Wii. :)

Will have to get this sometime when it's out.

Lionhart

Lionhart said:

Never played this franchise before but I'm certainly going to check this out.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

I'll definitely get it for Vita seems like a perfect fit for that system.

Aviator

Aviator said:

If I got Runner 2 on Vita, I would need a new Vita.

A PS3 controller is cheaper to replace than a Vita.

odd69

odd69 said:

i would love to play these games but my problem is that they are "on rails".I would kill to play a free roam game from these guys