Resident Evil 4 HD Remake Outed for PlayStation 3

Posted by James Newton

A strong Move contender

Capcom just loves to tinker with its Resident Evil series: over the years it's seen more re-releases than Star Wars, but the publishing giant isn't done just yet. Japanese magazine Famitsu has outed a Resident Evil: Revival Selection for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, containing Resident Evil: Code Veronica and series pinnacle Resident Evil 4, and although there's no official word on Move support yet it's certainly not out of the question.

Multiformat gamers may already have dabbled with the motion controlled adventures of Leon S. Kennedy in Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, and of course we've already have Move controls incorporated into Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition, so there's certainly precedent.

Granted, the controls aren't such a natural fit in the static, zoomed-out viewpoints of Code Veronica, but Capcom found a way to retool Resident Evil Zero for Wii, so Code Veronica's not out of the question.

Capcom's Captivate event is scheduled for next month, so we expect to hear more then. In the meantime, let us know in the comments below if you'd buy a Move-enabled Resi double pack.

[via andriasang.com]

Strofan7

Strofan7 said:

I never got around to getting it on the Wii so this would be perfect! However without Move support I doubt I'd get it..

Wastedyuthe

Wastedyuthe said:

Resi 4 was perfect on the Wii, although I would have preferred the option for the trigger as the fire button, not the A button (the Wii's equivalent to the Move button)- just makes more sense to me for the trigger to fire your weapon. Odd that they never even give the player the option to do that, and its the only shooter on the Wii i know that did that.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

I'm right there with you Wastedyuthe. WiiMote was a perfect fit for RE4, and I highly enjoyed it!

lipnox

lipnox said:

If capcom puts a realistic price on this collection, and adds move support to resident evil 4 then consider me sold. But if I know capcom the Move support bundle will cost $10 extra and the game will be $60-$70 when it first comes out.

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

@_@ wow....that's fantastic. 4 wasn't exactly my favorite (HAAATED Ashley) but I'd play her again all glossy-like and PS3ficated