Forums

Topic: PS4 not displaying any video anymore after 1.62 patch

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

Scollurio

Great. Just as the subject says. I had my PS4 on standby mode, so it updated itself to 1.62 automatically. Today I wanted to check the store, blank screen, only audio. PS4 is connected to an Onkyo system which is then connected to a Sony Bravia TV. Nothing else on that setup that always worked great changed except the system update of the PS4. I already did lots of research online and tried the following:

- checked for damaged HDMI port (unlikely, just wanted to make sure, its allright)
- exchanged hdmi cable (twice)
- switched to connect the PS4 directly into the Bravia
- put the Bravia to factory default
- updated Bravias Firmware
- switched everything off and disconnected everything from electricity, rebooting everything in different order
- tried to enter the safe-mode of the PS4 which gives me a screen for about 2 seconds before blanking to black again
- connected to different TV set (LG) with 3 different hdmi cables on all 4 ports

No video display. Only sound.

No idea what else to try. Everything else works fine, I can hear the menue sounds and all and I never had a single problem with my PS4, it boots normally, goes into standby normally and enters safe-mode normally, except switching to a black screen after about 2 seconds.

Anyone else got this problem?
Anyone else probably already fixed this?

Im desperate...

Edited on by Scollurio

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

irken004

I can't think of anything that might be the problem, so as a last resort I'd try resetting it to factory default settings.

Scollurio
irken004

I can't think of anything that might be the problem, so as a last resort I'd try resetting it to factory default settings.

How to do that since I can't see anything? ;(

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Scollurio

HA REMOTE PLAY WITH MY VITA!!
Lets see what I can do...

*UPDATE*
Vita connects perfectly fine, was able to restore the factory defaults of the pS4, still no picture though.
Great.

*UPDATE*
Restoring factory settings obviously cut off my Vita connection... trolololo...

Edited on by Scollurio

#supportindies

irken004
Scollurio

HA REMOTE PLAY WITH MY VITA!!
Lets see what I can do...

*UPDATE*
Vita connects perfectly fine, was able to restore the factory defaults of the pS4, still no picture though.
Great.

*UPDATE*
Restoring factory settings obviously cut off my Vita connection... trolololo...

Well that was a good idea... for a bit

Victor_Meldrew

I had a problem not so long ago but before this latest update, the ps4 was on but I just couldn't get any output audio or visual. It even struggled to be turned off manually so I just had to pull the plug. Eventually after a couple of plug pulls it decided to work. The system obviously isn't flawless yet but I wouldn't be afraid to treat it nasty once in a while ha ha

Victor_Meldrew

Scollurio

SOLUTION!
For everyone running into a similar problem. I've tested so many things, read so much stuff on the web. The Solution was:
a shorter, better isolated HDMI cable of high quality. It seems that the signal got disrupted by something in my room thats also my office. Thus its full of electrical equipment and kilometres of cables. Problem solved, Infamous Second Son is awesome!

#supportindies

Epic

Good to hear you finaly found the solution to this problem,

PSN: Epic-ZX

PSN: Epic-ZX

EyeDeeNO76

That is good to know you got to the bottom of this issue. Just to add for all those... signal cables (i.e. audio and/or video) and Ethernet cables should not intersect with A/C power cables to many times or run in parallel for to long and should be as far as you can reasonably get them. A/C power can give off high magnetic fields that interfere with them.

Death_to_Xbox_.png

Edited on by EyeDeeNO76

It is not a X button... it's a cross button. Because they are symbols not letters.

PSN: Death_to_Xbox_

Victor_Meldrew

Also, keep your PS4 and DS4 away from any Neon Conduits to avoid dimming.

Victor_Meldrew

Scollurio

It's really weird, Im seriously worried about my health now lol, if even CABLES are suffering in transmitting their signal, what has my brain to deal with!?

#supportindies

EyeDeeNO76

"Neon Conduits"? You mean neon tubes that stuff is antiquated light emitting diodes is the way of the future.

Death_to_Xbox_.png

It is not a X button... it's a cross button. Because they are symbols not letters.

PSN: Death_to_Xbox_

thedevilsjester
Scollurio

I had my PS4 on standby mode, so it updated itself to 1.62 automatically.

Just to clarify, your PS4 will never update the system automatically.   It requires user input, not the least of which is agreeing to the terms of service.  It will, however, download the update automatically, but it will sit there in your download list indefinitely until you select it and follow the on screen prompts.

thedevilsjester

PSN: thedevilsjester

Reverend_Skeeve

@SimonAdebisi What has Delsin to do with my DS4?

Altough...most people would like dimming of the light bar, so...

Reverend_Skeeve

Scollurio
thedevilsjester
Scollurio

Just to clarify, your PS4 will never update the system automatically.   It requires user input, not the least of which is agreeing to the terms of service.  It will, however, download the update automatically, but it will sit there in your download list indefinitely until you select it and follow the on screen prompts.

Thanks, I didnt realize until earlier last week, when I finally got a picture again I noticed that I STILL HAD to install the update. So to be fair it was an assumption of my part that it was the update that caused the trouble, but I couldn't see it for myself so I just assumed it was the update that installed itself, you sir, are of course correct!

#supportindies

Victor_Meldrew
Reverend_Skeeve

@SimonAdebisi What has Delsin to do with my DS4?

Altough...most people would like dimming of the light bar, so...

Delsin ordered the update to ensure he was shiniest of them all

Victor_Meldrew

Victor_Meldrew
thedevilsjester
Scollurio

I was pretty certain that mine had updated automatically on several occasions, is it not part of the settings options? I'll have to pay more attention during the next update perhaps.

Victor_Meldrew

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.