Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 501 to 520 of 3,152

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo This topic isn't the same without regular Final Fantasy XV shots from you (no pressure or anything, of course)! Great shots as always!

@KALofKRYPTON I'm having a handheld week ahead of Tomb Raider next Wednesday. I always find my appreciation of new games and their insane graphics hightened if I've been playing older games on smaller screens for a while beforehand.

How is your eye, by the way?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Not a bad plan. I find playing good older games helps temper the fever for new shiny!

The eye thing is a continuing exercise in futility, frustration, depression and a rather sad NHS experience so far. I do appreciate the NHS - I've certainly had my fair share of use and brilliant care over the years; this time however, I find myself caught in a loop of inexperienced and/or ignorant eye nurses, pointless referrals, steroids, even more pointless and wasteful instructions to visit A&E, regression, lens clinics and the eye infirmary.

I'd even put off my practical driving test (driving is something I've never really needed, or wanted that much- but I thought I'de get around to it) for the summer to ensure clear weather but now the theory cert is invalid as all this has taken so long.

So yeah - mostly I'm annoyed.

Thanks for asking though.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I'm charging my PSP at the moment, because I suddenly remembered that I have a half-completed save file on the handheld port of Tomb Raider Legend, which should keep me quiet for a while. The upgrade from that to Shadow will probably send me into shock!

Your story is all-too-familiar to me, especially in recent years. I'm real sorry to hear that you're having to go through all of that right now, and here's hoping they start to get things right soon.

Are you able to play games for a short while? Or is it a total no-no?

Just gonna add a couple screencaps from Submerged to keep us on-topic, by the way...

Untitled

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON @RogerRoger i don't know what's up with your eye but i hope it gets sorted

plus i know what it's like to eye trouble, i'm now blind in one eye and it took a bit of getting used to and even now it still sometimes feels strange when someone can be standing right next to me and i can't see them at all

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger @FullbringIchigo Thanks both.

I can play - with both eyes healthy (for me) and my lenses in (RGPs), my vision is pretty excellent. Without my lenses I'm technically partially sighted, it's having the clear vision in one eye - can get about, do day to day, watch stuff easily enough, work - and having a very blurred image from the other that makes things hard gaming-wise. Well, for the stuff I really want to play. I've found tracking fast movement incredibly difficult and pretty tiring.
@FullbringIchigo I have a seemingly persistent and recurrent bout of episkleritis, most likely due to my right lens just being a little worn out and causing some irritation. I've had it before on my left eye, but it was treated and wrapped up within a couple of weeks and back to normal lens wear. This time with the frustrating departmental roundabout I'm in, we're pushing 3 months - in which time my eye will have changed shape through lack of lens wear, which is normally all waking hours - so the lens that is probably the problem doesn't quite fit properly any more anyway.
Having keratoconus doesn't help, as the less knowledgeable people I've seen just default to an understandable, but pointlessly cautious position and refer elsewhere - most of the time not bothering to listen.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Here's hoping you can find a couple things to play that don't rely on tracking fast movement. Maybe some walking simulators like Firewatch or Virginia, or some retro RPGs or something? Stuff that you can play at your own pace whilst things (hopefully) get sorted out.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Yeah - I was planning on a deep dive in to the Banner Saga Trilogy. It is good, but not really holding my attention like I hoped to would. I really just want to play Raiden V...

But still - there are worse things!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Hopefully it'll click soon. We've all played those games where you're sitting there, three hours in, waiting to be grabbed and then suddenly it's all you can think about.

Let us know if it picks up!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger It's really good - it is engaging too, I'm just feeling sorry for myself truth be told!

Might put Space Hulk on the Vita at some point over the weekend, the clunk alone should be inspiring enough to make me appreciate the polish of TBS... That or I can contribute to the 'There is only war' trophy...

FullbringIchigo

Just FINAL FANTASY XV today

Time to eat (and yes that IS how long i have played the game for)
Untitled

This bird needs to be cleaned
Untitled

Always make sure your weapon is in good shape
Untitled

Brotherhood
Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

FullbringIchigo wrote:

...and yes that IS how long i have played the game for

No wonder the guy on the left looks bushed.

Several shots from Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes from me today...
Untitled

...including a couple of Raiden, having recently replayed MGR: Revengeance.
Untitled

He sure knows how to make an entrance...
Untitled

...and later, on a different mission, I picked up this familiar face, too.
Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

RogerRoger wrote:

...and later, on a different mission, I picked up this familiar face, too.
Untitled

i'm surprised Konami didn't remove that to be honest

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo That would be a whole new level of petty BS for them.

Although it is Konami we're talking about, so... yeah.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

MORE FINAL FANTASY, this time FFIX

arrival at Burmecia
Untitled

Kuja likes the rain
Untitled

and now Spider-Man watches over the city
Untitled

FullbringIchigo

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT MINE, A FRIEND OF MINE TOOK THIS AND SENT IT TO ME but i felt it just HAD to be shared here

i am SO going to have to find this now, it's the Ghostbusters Fire House for goodness sake
Untitled

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo This topic is totally gonna become you posting shots of Spider-Man and me posting shots from Shadow of the Tomb Raider for the next month or two, isn't it?

Which is no bad thing!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger probably, i got about 20 ready to go but i forgot to upload but i forgot to share them

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Looking forward to seeing them!

The news of a Photo Mode in Shadow literally made me jump up and yell "Heck yeah!" over the weekend. I'll have to apologise in advance for how much I'm gonna tank people's bandwidth.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger well you know i don't really a photo mode in games but for some reason the one in Spider-Man is SO much fun to use, i have one pic of Spidey right in the middle of the Avengers sign on the side of Avengers tower

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo The bug bit you eventually (or rather, the radioactive spider).

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic