Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 141 to 160 of 3,152

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Do you recommend the Royal Edition? I wanna make sure I get the right version when I buy it later in the year.

@KALofKRYPTON So I went back to where I took that Batmobile screencap you liked (one of the Nolan-themed DLC race tracks) but unfortunately there's no way to get a wider angle; not just because of the aforementioned scenery elements getting in the way (including a GCDP helicopter opening fire) but also because the race course goes through a muddy area right before that moment and therefore anything below the wheel arches is caked in crud, ruining the shot (although it's really well-textured crud). Sorry I wasn't able to capture what you'd have liked.

Knowing your fondness for Batman Returns, from our discussions elsewhere on the forum, I quickly took the following as consolation prizes.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Also snapped a couple of other random shots from elsewhere in Batman: Arkham Knight. Oddly enough, despite this being one of my favourite designs, it's really difficult to photograph well, at least in the game's photo mode. I have a much easier time with the BvS and '66 bat-vehicles, although that's probably because they've got quite a flat forward profile that fits neatly into a 16:9 frame.

Untitled

Untitled

At any rate, I've got lots of other Burtonmobile screencaps from previous playthroughs that I'll start to scatter amongst future posts (don't wanna overload; these are just the ones I took today).

Edited on by RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yes, while there is DLC to come in 2019 the Royal Edition gives you everything that's been released up to this point

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Cool, thank you! I was getting confused with all the various editions, DLC packs, updates, etc. so wanted to get everything I could. I also saw a physical copy of the Royal Edition at GAME the other day in a sale, so I might grab it sooner rather than later.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger That's cool. Thanks for the extra shots.

It's a difficult thing to shoot. I find the best views of it tend to be relatively tight 3/4 and face on shots.

A good wide angle shot profile shot (difficult with any background susceptible to warping) is a nice thing though.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit, who remember that game?

Untitled

Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON A face-on shot like this...?

Untitled

My favourite angle is probably the following, but once you've taken one shot like it, there's little point in taking too many more, as it dominates the frame.

Untitled

There's a couple of moments where Batman is running for the open cockpit, they make for nice shots, but I'm conscious of turning this into the Burtonmobile Screencap Thread, so I'll save them for later. I also took more of the BvS Batmobile, but only because it's a personal favourite (and an undeniable beast of a thing).

@Fullbringlchigo Judging from the quality of the graphics, I'm gonna hazard a guess at that being either a handheld or PS3 game. Am I close?

Edited on by RogerRoger

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger PS3 yeah, good game though

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, it looked roughly on the same graphical level as Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm. No bad thing, the PS3 era had some fantastic anime-based games!

How do you take screencaps on your PS3, may I ask?

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
The angle is a little high on that one, bit of fisheye effect happening I think too. But it's still a nice shot.
I'd happily have a thread of Batmobile shots. Did they ever release the (greatest Batmobile of all time) Animated Series Batmobile for it?

Off the reservation here, but angles like this I love.
Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i have an old Capture device, i just use that, i used to stream and record a LOT years ago

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Good angles! Funnily enough, I've got almost exactly the same for several other Batmobiles, but not the Burtonmobile. The closest of that particular vehicle that I can find in my screencap collection are below.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I'll post the others amidst other screencaps, because I really don't want this to become the Batman Screencap Topic! Tomorrow's assortment will return to being varied.

@Fullbringlchigo Ah, I see. I know there were some random games on PS3 that'd let you record short video clips or save pictures to your media library. Just Cause 2 was one. Without any editing software pre-installed to the console, I never found a use for it (I'm not awfully clever with computers; SHAREfactory has been a Godsend).

Do you still stream? If not, why'd you stop, if you don't mind me asking?

Edited on by RogerRoger

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Much easier to shoot an actual object than in game I find.

That shot 2nd from bottom is brilliant!

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger honestly i got bored of it, no other reason

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, absolutely. I have a Jada Metals model of the BvS Batmobile and therefore have some great shots of that, which I can never seem to replicate in-game (although I can get pretty close, because the design lends itself to being stretched and distorted by a camera lens). Otherwise, most of my models are of Federation Starships or LEGO versions of things. Had a lot of fun messing about with, and taking photographs of, all the Justice League LEGO last week! The display of that mirrors my LEGO Batman '66 Batcave, either side of my sofa in my lounge.

The shot you like is what I call a "cheat" screencap, because I took it in the game's gallery mode, so capture timing, camera angles and environment establishment are all done for you. You can download the full-sized version here: https://postimg.cc/image/5zt66o5n3/ Might make for a nice desktop wallpaper.

Now, if only Batman could remember where he'd parked...
Untitled

Edited on by RogerRoger

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Fair enough! Streaming is something I haven't really looked into, either as a broadcaster or as a viewer, and so I was just curious.

Thanks for your honesty!

Edited on by RogerRoger

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger thanks! 'Cheat or not. Great shot.
Reminds me of some of images for the US Onstar ads!

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger there is also the fact it can take up a lot of you free time trying to keep up your viewers because if you don't put out enough content at a frequent pace you can get a lot of grief

and it's not worth the hassle really

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON My pleasure, anytime.

@Fullbringlchigo I think particularly what you just said is a big factor in why I've steered clear of attempting it myself thusfar, and will likely continue to for the foreseeable future. The occasional gameplay video set to music and circulated amongst my friends is one thing, but I can imagine having an audience demand content would quickly replace any joy with anxiety.

Again, thanks for your honesty.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

The sun goes down in RiME...
Untitled

...and flares in WipEout: Omega Collection.
Untitled

It's the moon's turn in Firewatch...
Untitled

...whilst the Aurora Borealis puts on a show in Horizon: Zero Dawn.
Untitled

Edited on by RogerRoger

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

Started Mad Max. Glad it ended up on Plus as I was considering a purchase anyway.
I'll probably upload another when the Magnum Opus is in better shape!
Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic