Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 7,479

Octane

@Kidfried I wish they showed a little more of the story mode. That's what I'm interested in the most. And any other modes, etc. It would be great if there's a solid 6-10 hour story mode attached to this game.

Octane

Ralizah

2018 is very much looking like a third-party year for me on the Switch, between Gal Gun 2, Octopath Traveller, Dark Souls, Ys VIII, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Okami, SNK Heroines, a whole mess of Mega Man collections + Mega Man 11, Crash Bandicoot, Hollow Knight, etc.

On the first party front... the only thing really on my radar is Hyrule Warriors, as I never got around to it on other systems. And I'm glad I didn't, because it looks really good here, taking the best from previous releases and sanding off all the rough edges.

I love Captain Toad, and want to play Tropical Freeze, but I already own them on Wii U and can't justify dropping more money for re-releases without substantive improvements (although at least Captain Toad has extra levels and is $39.99!)

I've gotta say: having grown up in the 90's, it'll be very weird owning Crash Bandicoot 1 - 3, Sonic Mania, and various Mario games on the exact same platform.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RR529

Put in a pre-order for Kirby last night!

I've probably played through the demo twice each day since downloading it, so it's doing something right.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Rudy_Manchego

Hmmm am toying with getting a pro controller and Skyrim. Just slightly offput by the cost of the pro controller. However, playing Doom docked using the OTB controller cradle is just too uncomfortable. Skyrim, because I want to play Skyrim.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Rudy_Manchego If you are not opposed tona wired controller the USB wired Pro Controllers are far less cheaper priced

https://m.gamestop.com/product/nintendo-switch/accessories/ni...

I got it for Christmas and I love it but I don't mind a wired controller. I have used it for Skyrim, Mario Odyssey and Mighty Gunvolt Burst and it worked very well. As an added plus you can change out the sticks as well to be concaved and such. I highly recommend it if you don't mind the wire.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

@Rudy_Manchego It's 10ft but it is a removable USB cable, but it doesn't charge as it doesn't have a battery in it, which I suspect is why it's lower price. But if 10 feet is not enough you can always get a longer cord.

My Backlog

Rudy_Manchego

@Tasuki No that would be fine to be honest. I'm not sure how much I'll use it anyway really. Just handier for when docked.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Rudy_Manchego Another option is investing in one of those Mayflash adapters and using your DS4/Xbone controller with it.

Edited on by Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah Nice one, I might have to get that if I'm getting Dark Souls for the Switch. Only 20 quid on Amazon.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

@Tasuki Don't own one personally, but everyone I know who has one swears by it, and it's reviewing well online (4.5/5 stars on Amazon). Also apparently works on PC and PS3. Seems like a pretty safe bet.

Tasuki

@Ralizah Thinking of picking one up. I have a few PS4 and PS3 controllers a Wii U pro and a few Xbox 360. Might be cheaper getting that then a bunch of Switch pro controllers for MK8

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

RR529

I got Kirby: Star Allies in today! So far I've only completed the first world, with all collectables.

First impressions: It looks beautiful (if a bit stylistically generic), the gameplay is standard Kirby fare, though that's fun (I usually limit myself to one ally, unless a puzzle demands more, and get rid of them all before a boss fight, so I can fight them one on one), and while I wasn't a fan of the lumberjack mini game, the asteroid one is waaay more fun than it has any right to be.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

belmont

I got the official Hori Controller for 30 euros. If you don't mind wired and no vibration (I don't at this price) it is a stellar choice. It also supports turbo, a handy feature in Xenoblade grinding. I finally gave up and got the Bayonetta games that I somehow missed on the Wii U. Now if the keep doing this port machine thing and bring Tokyo Mirage that somehow fell of my radar...

belmont

Tasuki

Ok I think I may have a problem. Started playing Skyrim on my front room tv. My son wanted to use the tv so I went to handheld and went to my bedroom and laid down. Then the Switch was about to die so I put it into my dock I have in my bedroom. Never stopped playing lol.

My Backlog

KALofKRYPTON

My daughters' birthday is coming up next month. I've already procured her a switch and accessories and some games (she's doing very well this year!).

I've been thinking of another controller for her. The SF30 pro looks and reads like it's a perfect second controller. Anyone here with first-hand experience of them?

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Tasuki

I can see why Skyrim has gotten the praise it has over the years and is considered one of the best games ever. I went back to it again yesterday and I still feel overwhelmed by everything that can be done in this game.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic