Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 7,477

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 HLD doesn't make the cut, but "random stick figure RPG" does. It makes no sense to me.

I'm hoping I enjoy it. It looks nice, and it's one of those games I've always meant to get around to. The Switch release seems like the perfect opportunity to do just that.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Fight_Teza_Fight

Someone on NL turned me on to a fantastic promotion GAME.uk are running.

Buy any Nintendo Switch game with EShop credit and get £10 off the game.

I got myself Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (£42) and £15 Nintendo EShop card for £47.
Unfortunately this deal is limited. Was hoping to get Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on the cheap as well.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Haruki_NLI

Ys VIII lands on Switch in the US on June 26th

Ark: Survival Evolved has just been confirmed as well.

Please stop trying to bait others with your comments. Thanks -Tasuki-

Edited on by Tasuki

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@YummyHappyPills Hopefully it sells well. If it does better than the PS4 version, it'll send a VERY clear message to Falcom about there being a potential audience on Nintendo systems.

Glad it's not directly competing with Octopath, as I feel like that game is going to sell extremely well.

Either way, it'll be really cool having a portable version of the game that runs well and hasn't had a ton of content stripped from it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Haruki_NLI

If anyone wants to see what is a small technological miracle...here is ARK running in handheld mode. Im shocked they showed this so soon.

RR529

Can't wait for all the JRPG goodness! Atelier, South Park: Fractured but Whole, Ys VIII, and Octopath Traveler basically back to back (with the only break really being in May, though that at least has Hyrule Warriors).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

Been playing alot.of Skyrim on the Switch the past few days, I can now see why this game is held in such high regard.

I feel that it was smart of Bethesda to put it on the Switch as this is the perfect game to show off the Switch's capabilities. A few times I was going through a dungeon and my son wanted the tv, I didn't have to rush out and keep him waiting till I finished it, just pull it out of it's dock and finish up the dungeon. I also I like doing some of the small stuff like crafting armor or just wondering the world while I am watching something on Netflix on the TV.

Kinda makes me wish they would bring something like World of Warcraft to the Switch.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

kyleforrester87

@Tasuki it's a great game but after 3 60-80 hour play throughs I always got bored of it and never "completed" it. As in, never felt content with my play through, I just got fed up.

The music does a lot to keep you playing.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Same here. I found there almost too much going on with all the side quests and different guilds to join. Also the crafting felt such a chore to do and the combat never really felt like i was connecting with anything. Still a good game but doesn't come anywhere near The Witcher 3 for me.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder A bit more variety in the dungeons would have been nice too. They are all pretty samey and you know at the end of the dungeon you'll get a pointless new sword or something.

Some of the mods on the PS4 version made this better to be fair, it rebalanced the loot so it felt more worthwhile exploring these areas. But the base version can be a real drag.

kyleforrester87

JohnnyShoulder

I see we are propping up the Grumpy Corner today!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

suikoden

its a great game and a fantastic port on the switch, but Bethesda really need to up there game after witcher 3 as it shows how the games have not really evolved that much and the world is lifeless compared too witcher

suikoden

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD yeah I couldn't get on with either Fallout games. Too drab and the music wasn't as good as Skyrims. It really is the soundtrack and the setting that kept me hooked on Skyrim for so long.

kyleforrester87

Ralizah

Skyrim and Fallout 3 get a pass due to their age, but I just couldn't believe how archaic Fallout 4 felt. It's basically Fallout 3 with a worse dialogue system (moddable on PC, but I shouldn't have to), slightly better graphics that still make huge demands on powerful hardware, gimped power suits (seriously, nobody asked for them to become mecha that constantly run on a power source), and a tacked on tedious town-building section that you have to engage in if you want any of the cool weapons.

Tasuki

I never really played Witcher 3, if it ever came to Switch I would more then likely give it a go, but as it is I am finding that long games like that are just easier for me to play on the Switch.

As for Fallout I never played 3 or New Vegas heard great things about them and I did play Fallout 4 a bit but the combat killed it for me. I wish shooting was more like say Borderlands or even like firing an arrow in Skyrim.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

Managed to complete Fallout 3 and 4 and all the dlc. I would say there is a bit more to it than the recent elder scroll games and Fallout games being the same game in a different setting...

Haruki_NLI

It seems UK gamers wanted a sale on DOOM, Bomberman, and Skyrim. All 3 are riding at various points on the top 15 in the UK eShop right now.

Skyrim is even at #5. I should buy that game one day

Rudy_Manchego

In the end, I gave in and got a Pro controller and Skyrim. It is a great controller so far, makes a big difference when playing Doom docked. Saving Skyrim for some upcoming holidays.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic