Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 421 to 440 of 5,530

roe

Finally finished Cuphead. Absolutely brilliant game and although it took me way too long to beat (I've heard a lot of people saying they'd done it in 7 or 8 hours.. took me nearly 19), I'm already eager to jump back in and try to do it all on expert difficulty.

roe

roe

@BlindMan94 I've yet to finish TLOU on Grounded but agree that it is definitely the best way to play the game. It makes it rock hard but it makes the difficulty of the game match the atmosphere it's trying to portray so well.

roe

crippyd

@roe Man, you must have some serious gaming chops! I've beaten 2 levels on the first part and that took me and a pal about 3 hours of trying. That game is seriously difficult.

crippyd

Ralizah

The Mummy Demastered: Picked this up in a sale recently, but there's not much to say here. It's a perfectly competent and utterly cookie-cutter Metroid clone. Bosses, environmental design, gameplay, etc. are all unremarkable. The music is suitably moody and there's a semi-interesting ZombiU-esque mechanic where, after you die, you have to kill the resurrected corpse of your previous character to get your stuff back, but otherwise this game is pretty forgettable.

Oh, and it only took me 5 hours to get 90-ish percent map completion. It's REALLY short. And the collectibles (aside from health and ammo packs, because this doesn't even pretend not to be Metroid) don't seem to do anything.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

Just finished Doki Doki Literature Club. All the praise I heard about it turned out to be justified, the game is brilliant. I can recommend it, but the game tackles some heavy themes at some point, so it's not for the faint of heart or those with anxiety problems. If you're curious be sure not to read too much about the game, because its story is easily spoiled.

Also finished MGSV's second (and last) chapter today. The story is finished, but I still don't feel quite done with the game. Might hang in to score a few trophies.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

Last week I completed Horizon: Zero Dawn - The Frozen Wilds, which I'd planned to save for Christmas before I realised that I simply couldn't wait that long.

There are a small handful of games that I consider being a privilege to play, but the entirety of Horizon has definitely been one of them. I'm not surprised that this DLC was one of the best, most intricate expansions I've ever seen. The care and compassion they poured into every detail is incredible, and I spent just as much time messing about with Photo Mode than I did fending off giant robo-bears and swinging from icy mountains.

For being committed to still producing single-player, story-driven epics of this level, I adore Sony even more now, and I can't wait for the sequel (before which, I'll play the whole thing again, no doubt).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

DerMeister

After some more backlog cleaning, I got Bastion, Yakuza Kiwami, and Heavenly Sword done within the last month. The latter I'm happy to have finally beaten after leaving it hanging for 10 years.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Splat

Assassin's Creed: Origins

A really good game. It's probably my #2 GOTY after Horizon and without a doubt my biggest surprise of the year.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

vegeta11

I just beat everything on South Park Fractured but Whole but the Token trophy did not pop so I had to turn around and start a second play though. Just finished night one so I'll be playing that again for the next week in hopes of getting the platinum this time. Also yesterday finished Guardians of the Galaxy Telltale really enjoyed this one and hope for a second season, especially with the after credits season setting one up.

Edited on by vegeta11

vegeta11

PSN: vegeta11

Kidfried

Watch Dogs 2, and oh my is it great. Never expected this game's characters to be anything more than cringeworthy fun, but I really liked them. Even the edgelord with a mask on was pretty... rad.

Gameplay is a lot better than the first, especially thanks to the gadgets. Everything in the game is now focused on fun and apart from the collectables the game is really varied. Like an opposite of the first game.

Gunfight is terrible on my opinion, but it's not necessary anyway. Just don't play if you want to be shooting stuff. The stealth should have been a little better too. You're discovered just as easy in the night as during the day for example. Right after MGSV that was a bit of a disappointment.

Still a very good game, also thanks to the great city of San Fran.

Kidfried

Rudy_Manchego

Finally finished Wolfenstein 2 after putting it down for Frozen Wildlands and Mario. I have mixed feelings about this game - I thought they made a great over the top story but it was fun and exciting and also surprisingly emotional. Step up from the first.

However, the gameplay was just frustrating in places. I platinumed the first game and DLC which was tough but there was lots of angles to employ. I found stealth largely meaningless in this game - I just kept getting spotted and then jetted around guns blazing. The levels were very generic and no real bosses. I will still play a third for the story but didn't enjoy the game as much as I was hoping.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

ApostateMage

I finished Dishonored's Death Of The Outsider recently and thought it was once more some fine work from Arkane Studios. I really love how they keep coming up with unique powers for different characters. Hopefully there's still a lot more to come.

ApostateMage

RogerRoger

I just finished Tomb Raider Underworld on Nintendo DS (I know, random, right?).

Really enjoyed it. Amazing how they managed to replicate all of the gameplay mechanics from the PS3 version in 2D, and it was pretty pretty for a DS game, too.

Also, no giant spiders this time. Might make it my favourite version!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Fight_Teza_Fight

@KratosMD Glad you enjoyed it mate! Did you take on the rare Nevi in the rift planes? I highly suggest checking out The Mirage Rare Nevi. It's my favourite boss battle on Vita. http://gravityrush.wikia.com/wiki/The_Mirage:_Rare_Nevi
Enjoy GR2- the most overlooked game of the generation.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Th3solution

@KratosMD I played GR so long ago, I barely remember much other than flying around and smacking glowing blobs in the sky. It’s good to hear it’s held up. I remember enjoying it, but I think it may be the first game I ever played on my Vita so the whole experience was modified by getting acquainted by the new device and I remember just wanting to get on to Uncharted Golden Abyss. I didn’t love it to the point of feeling it needed a sequel so had not been interested in GR2 until recently and it sounds like the second game is a dramatic improvement, so I bought it last month when I found it cheap. Now I just need to decide when to play it.
Maybe @Fight_Teza_Fight can help ... How does GR2 compare to other open world games of this generation?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Th3solution Kind of difficult to say. It's a manageable open world. The main areas are located on different planes so you 'fall' towards them. So whilst it is a relatively small open world it feels much larger as you have another direction to travel in/through.
Points of interests pop up as soon as they are available & you can unlock fast travel points. You really shouldn't ever use them though as falling through the sky is the best way of traversal in video gaming .

@KratosMD They are a lot better & I think you'll find them even more engaging, now that you beat the first game.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Fight_Teza_Fight

Had a good weekend clearing out some of the backlog.
Finished FFXII and now crossed Farpoint of the list.

Farpoint really surprised me. It's not a very good FPS, but the aim controller made up for it. The campaign is pretty short & I felt like more could've been done with the VR (fight as a mecha, fly the space shuttle...).
What surprised me was how REAL the characters (Moon & Tyson) felt. It's an already immersive experience, but the voice acting and animations really put it on another level.
Hope there is a sequel.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

ellsworth004

@KratosMD i loved my Vita while I had it, but that was one of the things I also didnt like. I didn't mind using corners and sides of the touch screen. Hated having to swipe across the screen, like u said it prevents u from seeing what going on. And that back touchpad, I could get used to trying to use that. That was main reason that I never played borderlands 2 on it.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

ellsworth004

@KratosMD I always thought every game on Vita should of had a custom control mapping option. But, for what I used it for mainly it didn't matter. I mostly used it to play old games on.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

themcnoisy

Finished would be on Jeremy Kyle / Jerry Springer show if it wasnt for the walkers. TWD New Frontier.

Rubbish set of episodes, only kept together by Clems side story. Telltale games are so predictable and the overtly angry conversations are really starting to grate. Papa was the most redeeming character in the 6/7 hour playtime and his star performance was over a game of dominoes for two whole minutes.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic