Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 861 to 880 of 4,462

JohnnyShoulder

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah I've heard good things about Jack Ryan. Wanna also try Bosch.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@KALofKRYPTON @RogerRoger There's only 4 real EdgeLords. Shadow and us.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Tasuki

@WanderingBullet That Batman Collection is awesome!!! Do we know what movies are part of the collection? I am assuming that the Burton, Schumacher and Nolan series will be included but that's only 7 movies and the set said 18 (I think it was).

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

WanderingBullet

@Tasuki The collection only contains DC Batman movie animations. If you scroll down the page a bit to "Customers Reviews" there's an image list of all 19 movies.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

KALofKRYPTON

@Tasuki @WanderingBullet @WanderingBullet

Pretty lame for the 'movie' collection - but they've also got the newer live action 4k remasters to sell, so not all that surprising they're not included.

The Beyond collection looks great.

@themcnoisy Is that a challenge?

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

WanderingBullet

@KALofKRYPTON The main thing thing I don't like about that collection is the inclusion of The Killing Joke. Otherwise, it's a decent collection especially with 19 discs for that price.

KALofKRYPTON

@WanderingBullet TKJ managed to make a massively overrated book in to a pretty lackluster film.

They could've held off an included more really. That said - I can't say I'm particularly on board with what they did with Hush - but given the stuff they've already done in the series - there wasn't really a way to do it without major changes or retcons - which is a shame. It's a brilliant book!

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

WanderingBullet

@KALofKRYPTON I haven't read the The Killing Joke but thought the animation was terrible. I've read Hush and really liked it but I haven't bought the Blu-ray, yet.

KALofKRYPTON

@WanderingBullet It is without doubt, the most overrated piece of fiction writing I've ever encountered. I do not say that lightly. Moore's name carries way too much weight. The writing is bloated and not particularly clever, or even funny. Bruce Timm could write circles around Moore all day, and did - several times - better the entirety of TKJ in a single episode of TAS and BB.

The adaptation is pretty faithful apart from the Batman/Batgirl relationship (eugh!).

As for Hush. a few changes, as you would expect given Jason already showing up in Under the Red Hood - a but one particular one that really doesn't make sense to change. It's adapted as well as most of them though.

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet The Killing Joke is a disaster but, for my money, the bigger crime is omitting the second animated revival of Batman '66 starring Adam West and Burt Ward. They've included the first one, Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders, but there's no sign of Batman Vs. Two-Face, the arguably-superior sequel which stars William Shatner as Harvey Two-Face and is Adam West's last acting credit before his untimely death.

But for finally putting Mystery of the Batwoman on Blu-Ray, I'm stupidly tempted. Otherwise I've already got most of those, and have watched and binned the others (back to The Killing Joke again). Batman Beyond definitely has my attention.

I've got Hush sitting here in cellophane. Should really get around to it soon.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 Absolutely. The Long Halloween is Shakespeare compared to The Killing Joke. It's tight and almost a procedural in effect, which is a great (the ideal) way to write Batman. It is at it's core at least deserving of the praise it gets.
The Killing Joke, from any other writer in the DC stable at the time wouldn't be nearly as revered. It's a mean spirited one-trick-pony with terrible dialogue that does very little to deserve praise. Other than being an infamously crappy use of Batgirl - it shouldn't have such notoriety.

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Get on Hush. For such an almost faithful adaptation, I'd like to know your reaction. I as fairly 'meh' by the end of it.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Sir, yes sir.

I was actually thinking of watching it tonight. It was either that, or The Transporter.

Blimey, lot of movie talk for a TV show topic!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Go for it.

Back on topic. It's a bit of a shame that The Tick got cancelled. Season 2 is a good step up from the first; still not quite as good as the Warburton series - but definitely heading in that direction.

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 Psychological realism doesn't fit with either the rest of the book, or really Batman and the Joker. I think the film (Joker) will be OK. Nothing new or surprising or remotely necessary since it's a one-shot, but it'll be fine.

Can't stand Moore as a bloke. He's written some good stuff for sure, but most of the rest and some of what's good could also be ascribed as 'self indulgent rambling'. V is his pinnacle - great book. I like Watchmen, but it was very much a social contagion thing for me in my youth - you could cut 1/3 of it and have a better time.

As for Miller, he got really lucky! TDKR was absolutely seminal, and I'll take nothing away from it's impact. But the rest of his work is pretty awful, especially the Dark Knight follow up stuff. Ronin was OK, bit of a slog though.

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 I'm sure that's what he wants you to think...

Anyway... TV! DareDevil! That was a TV show! TeeVee!!!!!

WanderingBullet

@RogerRoger Those two Adam West Batman animations were entertaining.haha
Untitled

I used to loved listening the live-action tv series theme song when I was young.

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 Easily done

WanderingBullet

This looks pretty cool.

A few other MCU tv series were announced:

• She-Hulk
  • Ms. Marvel
  • Moon Knight

Also, Kit Harington's reportedly joining the MCU. I have no idea which character he'll be playing but fans seem to want him to be Wolverine.

Edit: Kit Harington confirmed as the Black Knight in Eternals.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic