Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 801 to 812 of 812

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Glad to see another fan of Gotham (sorry, missed your first post yesterday). I love how they allowed the show to evolve, and it's embraced a comic book madness that keeps everything moving at a much quicker, much more ridiculous pace than before.

And I'm not sure how much you wanna know about its forthcoming, final season but I will say that your instincts are pretty sharp... and then some.

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life."
Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate: 42923.4

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Okay, so I (bat)caved and watched the first two episodes from the BTAS Blu-Rays this evening; won't be able to watch any more until Sunday, but my mood needed the boost.

In short, get this set.

The restoration is excellent, not just in terms of picture but also in sound. There are layers of SFX that I either don't remember, or simply weren't there on the DVDs. Shirley Walker's musical score has never been so incredible; I love how her music makes even the simplest of shots feel like an event. And okay, so these opening episodes ("On Leather Wings" and "Christmas With The Joker") are obviously the first tentative steps with what was a groundbreaking show, and some of the animation betrays that (as well as Mark Hamill's vocal debut, which is far more grand, classical and restrained than the sinister edge he quickly developed... seriously, he sounds like a totally different person at times, so much so that I double-checked the credits) but I still had a brilliant fifty minutes.

@WanderingBullet Now I know what you mean about the cardboard packaging. It isn't the worst, but it's more of a fiddle than it needs to be. Luckily, the first disc wasn't jammed in too tight; I hope I can say the same for the others as I progress through the book.

Have you started watching them yet? If so, what are your overall thoughts?

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life."

jacobia

Whoop, whoop! Feeling the Gotham love! Awesome show, my husband and I love it 😎

It isn’t a dream
You only heard yourself
The means of your life
Create and melt

PSN: jacobia

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Even the first episodes do hold up well. I may chuck it on my xmas list!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

beemo

Just finished Riverdale S2. It's hammy as hell but I love it. Roll on S3!

beemo

PSN: greenbeemo

KratosMD

@beemo Riverdale S3 starts off a bit slow in all honesty, but it does get better over time. Episode 4 is definitely my favourite one thus far (and you'll see why)!

Best games as voted by the PushSquare community:
PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IX, Tomb Raider II

beemo

@KratosMD I'm a Netflix viewer so I'm excited for the new season. Honestly didn't realise a 3rd was greenlit, let alone in production.

beemo

PSN: greenbeemo

WanderingBullet

This looks like it could be good.

Watched Rampant last week as well and it was pretty good. Actually liked it better than Train to Busan.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RogerRoger

So my partner and I decided to alternate seasons of 24 with seasons of The Good Wife, because the former isn't entirely his thing and the latter isn't entirely mine; must admit, though, that I'm enjoying his choice far more than he's enjoying mine!

And I can understand that. It's been years since I watched 24 and if I'm honest, there's been quite a lot about it which never used to bother me, but bothers the heck out of me now. On a base level, I still adore it, for the performances and the characters and the music, but there have been some story beats or random moments which haven't sat well with me at all; either I'd forgotten them, or my ignorance allowed me to just accept them as part of a television show. I guess people change.

We're a decent chunk into Day Two now and I seem to recall the earlier seasons being slightly more edgy and leaning on disturbing and realistic atmosphere, rather than the twist-riddled comic book action-adventure show it later became. Looking forward to those moments and happy to have something else breaking it up for now.

Obviously, when I'm back home during the week, it's Batman: The Animated Series all the way.

jacobia

Just finished watching season 2 of Castlevania on Netflix. What a great series, really enjoyed it. I remember after watching the 1st season, I thought it was just good, not amazing. But with what’s transpired in season 2, I now understand that the 1st was really more world building and establishing the characters. My lordy, the 7th episode of s2 was jaw droppingly good!! Can’t wait to see what develops in the inevitable s3! Anyone else been watching this?

It isn’t a dream
You only heard yourself
The means of your life
Create and melt

PSN: jacobia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic