Forums

Topic: The Push Square Wrestling Thread.

Posts 541 to 560 of 738

BodyW-outOrgans

@Batman: Wow, the crowd looks pretty empty, was that early in the night? I watched and thought it was a descent show, but I am all into the fued with Styles/Reigns, and very curious about what happens with Anderson and Gallows. Seems like people are not picking up on Anderson/Gallows and I am really baffled by it.

BodyW-outOrgans

PSN: BodyWithoutOrgan

Tasuki

@BodyW-outOrgans: I am thinking the reason that people are not picking up on Anderson/Gallows is because how they are using them right now. Many fans figured they would start on NXT and come in and join up with Finn Balor and start the "Balor" Club angle but with them showing up on Raw it's just odd. Does this mean Finn is coming up to the main roster? If so then it means he's going to lose the NXT championship here soon. If not are they just going to team up with AJ Styles and if so then what's with the Balor Club?

I think at this point WWE is panicking. Vince is being stubborn and wants Roman as champ, the fans dont. Ratings for Raw have been dropping fast and instead of being smart and pushing people that tells fans want like Ambrose, like Casesaro, like Ziggler. He insists on Roman. So now they are just at a point of well Vince won't let us drop Roman so let's bring in Anderson/Gallows to bring the fans in since Bullet Club is hot right now. Just stupid stuff like that with no rime or reason. At least that's my theory.

@Batman you going to the NXT shows in England in a few months?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Confused_Dude

@BodyW-outOrgans: Hahah, nah. That was as soon as we arrived. Crowd was definitely losing interest a couple of hours in, though. There was a huge pop for the BC guys, but it appears to have been toned down in the edit :/

Untitled
Untitled

@Tasuki Unfortunately not. I was at the Takeover in December, but I've already shelled out for a load of WWE events this year so can't really justify it for a house show. Does seem strange they're coming all the way over and not doing another Takeover, though.

Edited on by Confused_Dude

Staff Writer. Former Push Square Video Editor and Podcast Editor.

PSN: Confused_Dude | Twitter:

BodyW-outOrgans

@Batman: that is bullSh*t that WWE edits their product like that... and @Tasuki, I almost hope that Gallows and Anderson turn on Styles at Payback and join with Roman - I think it would solidify him as a heel, and this way, WWE gets around having to feel like they have to find a creative (but ultimately inferior) way to use the Bullet Club without calling it that.

BodyW-outOrgans

cloudrunner64

@BodyW-outOrgans: Roman with bullet club. Interesting. So many different possibilities! Will Styles turn heel n create bullet club to love Roman over? Will Balor appear and attack Styles with Anderson n Gallows?

Edited on by Tasuki

PSN cloud_runner64

BodyW-outOrgans

@cloudrunner64: Right on! I hear that WWE ratings are down, and this and that - but the last 4 months are the most I have watched WWE's product since 2001/02. All the new, stellar talent, and a bit more focus on wrestling has created a better product than lets say, 4 or 5 years ago. It's far from perfect, but its also way better than the height of the PG stuff when that started.

BodyW-outOrgans

Tasuki

I am thinking that maybe not having Roman join Bullet Club but rather have Reigns beat AJ, AJ joins Bullet Club to get one up on Roman. Roman brings in Dean to help him with Bullet Club, at some point Seth Rollins comes back to even up the odds against BC. We then at some point have a Shield VS Bullet Club match. By doing that it solidifies Rollins as a Face since that was what they were starting to do with Rollins before his injury. Sets up a feud between Rollins and AJ.

Either that or with BC's help AJ screws Roman out of the Title, Paving the way for Rollins to return reunite The Shield (since he is credited with creating it) and sets up a rival between AJ and Rollins and at some point Seth gets the Championship back.

My Backlog

cloudrunner64

@Tasuki: Hahaha. Sorry bout that. Will be more thoughtful in future. Did you edit my post coz there's no bad language there now. I'm up for a shield 2.0. I do think that Balor will come forward n GanderSon will follow him (they have to put those t-shirts to good use) and start dominating the wwe. With Bray injured again it makes sense to put them forward sooner than later.

PSN cloud_runner64

Tasuki

R.I.P. Chyna the Ninth Wonder of the World. Yeah she had her problems post WWE. But back in the attitude era she was one of my favorite woman wrestlers. It's really a shame that because of her choices in life she will never be added to the WWE HoF.

My Backlog

BodyW-outOrgans

Yeah @Tasuki RIP Chyna... also, how about rollins comes back and joins the BC with Balor, Styles, Anderson and Gallows - that's a faction I think everyone could get behind!

BodyW-outOrgans

Tasuki

@BodyW-outOrgans: Honestly, I hope that doesn't happen. As cool as it would be I don't want BC to go the WCW-NWO route, where everyone and their mother is a part of it.

I am wondering if they will have AJ as the leader on Raw until Finn comes to the main roster and then have Finn start up a rival with AJ ending in AJ getting booted from BC and Finn becoming the leader then. Both AJ and Finn strike me more as the leader type more then the follower type so I can't really see them both being on BC at the same time, same with Rollins as well he's more of a leader type. Thought with Vince in charge you never know. I just hope it doesn't end up a catastrophe like when WWE brought in the NWO way back in the day.

My Backlog

BodyW-outOrgans

@Tasuki: I have to disagree with you about the NWO. The NWO didn't really get out of control until they had more than like 7 people- like when the brought in Steiner, Buff Bagwell, etc, etc... I think a faction of 5 people would work just fine, and would give a sense of dominance by numbers to boot. Factions of 3 people don't really work because they lack that force by number thing... The other thing that was always about BC is that they never needed a leader - in a way, everyone has their own part. .. All this is kind of hyperbole anyway, as WWE legally can't use the BC name (as it belongs to NJPW) - and its so easy to forget that the real Bullet Club still exists in NJPW with Kenny Omega, Young Bucks, and Tama Tonga leading the charge. That being said - comparisons between BC and NWO are impossible to get past, which, I think is pretty awesome.

BodyW-outOrgans

Tasuki

Speaking of NJPW, is there somewhere I can watch NJPW in the States or a site or something (keep it legal please)? I am curious cause my son asks but I have yet to find anything.

My Backlog

BodyW-outOrgans

@Tasuki Yeah! NJPW WORLD! It is their monthly subscription, and guess how much, $9.99. lol
Here is the link:
http://www.njpw.co.jp/english/news/detail.php?nid=12845
or
www.njpwworld.com

Admittedly, the English translation is a huge pain in the ass, and not very effective. But once you get the service, it's all good.
The other option is AXS TV - the cable channel, if you can get it with your cable provider. They run weekly shows of NJPW with English translation from Jim Ross and Josh Barnett and it is AWESOME! It is pretty up to date with current NJPW stuff too - I think they are about 6-8 months back, but catching up. If you don't get this channel it might be available on another tier with your cable provider.

BodyW-outOrgans

Tasuki

Well looks like NXT has a new champ, Samoa Joe beat Balor last night at a house show. Appearently Finn looked injuried during the match, but after wards was seen walking around just fine. Even telling fans maybe I will pop in on Raw. I am wondering if this is to set up Balor Club.

My Backlog

cloudrunner64

@Tasuki: This did my head in when i found this out. WHY not put the longest nxt reign being beaten on tv? Is it to surprise people on Raw? Will Balor club become a reality? Taking out AJ styles and becoming a stable? Can see Bray Wyatt having something to say about that. Would be awesome Balor Club vs the Wyatts in a long feud and then the Shield get back together for one night only for a 3 on 3 on 3 match.

PSN cloud_runner64

Bazza78

How come you never see a wrestler with a black eye? And why do they get away with hitting the officials over the head with a steel chair? Surely thats a criminal offence. Never seen a boxer whack the Referee with a steel chair. =) anybody would think it was a far fetched.

Edited on by Bazza78

OVERWATCH ps4 KDR 4.8. games won ratio 84 %. Best kill streak 52. Most eliminations 88

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.