Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 10,110

Th3solution

@ReanSchwarzer7 Happy Birthday, dude. Let us know what kind of a haul you get today. Hopefully lots of gaming goodies.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Sounds like I should pick it up next time I see it available. My backlog on Vita is not quite as big as my PS4 one. It’s more akin to an elephant rather than a blue whale.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

FullbringIchigo

hey the Forum shortcuts have vanished of the home page, has this happened to anyone else?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

WiiWareWave

@Th3solution Thanks! I got:
Tokyo Xanadu (Vita)
Eternal Sonata (PS3)
Atelier Rorona (PS3)
White Knight Chronicles II (PS3)
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3)
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (PS3)
Sega Vintage Classics: Monster World Collection (PS3 PSN)
The Caligula Effect: Deluxe Digital Edition (Vita)
Penny Punching Princess (Vita)

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

PS_Nation

@YummyHappyPills I'm really worried about you. You're using sunglasses all the time and act like a rebel.

PS_Nation

Haruki_NLI

@PS_Nation Love you too dinner?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Th3solution

@ReanSchwarzer7 Nice! That’s quite the haul! You’re set for quite some time. The only ones from that list I’ve played are the 2 R&C titles and they are great, in the usual R&C fashion. And Tokyo Xanadu seems really good and right up your alley since it’s like a Trails game evidently.

DerMeister

@kyleforrester87 @KratosMD @RogerRoger @Th3solution @Kidfried @JohnnyShoulder

I know I'm a day late, but all of that and more is why I love and defend Sons of Liberty today. I swear, that game just gets more current every year. It was the first game I remember that gave a plot outside of the box that I actually listened to. The confusing nature of it actually made me look up any reference material and plot summaries just so I could understand it better. Once I had a good idea of it in my head, I thought it was as amazing as a root beer float. In addition to essentially predicting the future (Even back in 2009 I thought it was spot on), it's idea of challenging sequels and use of clever game design to sell it's story made me fall in love with it.

I'll be the first to admit it may not be my favorite Metal Gear (I don't have a complete ranking but I usually lean more towards MGS or Snake Eater), primarily because I'm just a less story driven gamer, and I've praised the gameplay more over the years. But it left a major impact on me in multiple ways, I'll never deny that. There's a reason I have Solid Snake's last words in that script in my forum signature.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

RogerRoger

@DerMeister You're never too late to sing the praises of this game.

I also appreciated how (even in a really obvious, far-less-classy and generally ham-fisted way) many of the story themes and ideas were continued in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. It's almost as though Raiden became the poster boy for foreboding social commentary, and his reaction to the ideas put to him, in both Sons of Liberty and Revengeance, made me really love him as a character. It also makes me even more frustrated when people judge and dismiss him on appearances or the Rose sub-plot alone.

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Haruki_NLI

Alright, today's mission.

Amazon has informed me that my copy of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 has been removed from my order as it is no longer available (It came out in 2017 people) so now it's the hunt.

GAME has it...for £29.95. That's currently the only place that has it that can deliver to my area.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

RogerRoger

@YummyHappyPills eBay has a few copies, listed as New and Buy It Now, for various prices between £22 and £27 and I'd assume they'll deliver anywhere. If you don't mind an import copy, some guy in America is claiming free postage to the UK for a new and sealed copy and it's only £9.88 (he's a new seller but, for that price, might be worth a try).

I often overlook eBay when searching online because of the horror stories, but they've always surprised me when a limited budget has forced my hand.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@YummyHappyPills 365 games.

Email them to check the region though. They sell stock from all over the place. The item image is usually accurate though.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

PS_Nation

Did you guys see that info about PS5? It's not confirmed yet, obviously.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/semiacccurate-gets-some-play...

"So Semiaccuarate who got info right about the nx with nintendo partnering with nvidia for the switch and giving correct ps4 specs in 2012 has a lot of info on ps5. Problem is it requires a professional level subscription which is $1000 to read the article."

Summary:

-Uses AMD's Navi as its base architecture, not specifically using Navi.
-CPU is Zen
-Large amount of devkits have apparently gone out.
-Author suggests 2018 release of PS5 is not out of the question based on the amount of devkits released
-VR "goodies" baked in at the Silicon level. (Sony not giving up on PSVR any time soon is what I think)

I believe it's really soon to release in 2018. Not sure if this info is accurate too, let's wait.

Edited on by PS_Nation

PS_Nation

Octane

''2018 release''

Yeah, I don't believe that, at all.

Octane

Fight_Teza_Fight

@PS_Nation They got 2018 based on the number of dev kits that are supposedly out in the wild now, but the report also says that they don't expect the components till late 2018-early 2019.

If the PS5 was really coming out this year, there would be some hype/leaks around it especially as we're approaching E3.
I'm surprised at reports of how many dev kits are supposedly out though.
Pretty certain it's 2019 now.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Tasuki

I don't know everyone is so eager for the PS5 but I feel that the PS4 still has a few more years. It just feels to early in the PS4 life cycle to for the PS5 to be released in the next 3 years. Last year saw a slew of hits for the PS4 and it doesn't look like it will be slowing down this year. I would say if anything the PS4 has at least 5 more years.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

PS_Nation

@Fight_Teza_Fight Hmmm, it makes more sense now. Let's see, games like God of War, Detroit and Spider-Man are coming this year, Dreams probably as well.
Now The Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Medievil, Days Gone and Concrete Genie will be released next year, they're probably the last lineup of exclusives for PS4, there is a possibility that some of these games are cross-generation if PS5 is coming in 2019.

If we think about, games like Death Stranding, FF 7 remake and Cyberpunk are probably or definitely coming to PS5 after all.

PS_Nation

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic