Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,841 to 2,860 of 10,111

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Welcome back! Hope your real life gets better for you, and your next gaming experience isn't such a let down as Resident Evil Zero.

Always sucks when a much beloved franchise has stinker of a game released!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ellsworth004

So ive had alot of back problems and ordered me a new bed. Its a casper 12" memory foam mattress. Has anyone tried a bed like this? I need a better bed and wondering if anyone has any input on this.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

Thrillho

@ellsworth004 I had a foam mattress in one place I lived and it gave me backache for the first couple of nights as I got used to it but after that it was great.

I’m glad me and my girlfriend agreed on the type of mattress we liked when we bought one after moving into our new place. Her one back at her parents’ house is so soft it also gives me backache.

I’m getting old

Thrillho

Rudy_Manchego

Hey y'all, having real problems at sticking with games. I am normally a very much complete a game before moving on (unless the game is really really dire). I have just struggled to complete much this year. The only games to hook me have been smaller indies.

I've given up on Sekiro this year, and faltered on a few other titles. Almost finished Bloodborne for the second time and DLC for the first time but now finding it hard to find motivation to get off my backside and get through the last 5-6 hours. I also suck at boss fights.

Not sure if it is the insane size of my backlog doing this to me that I feel pressure to move on. Or maybe I am just too stressed at the moement to really savour what I am playing. Anyone else have this?

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@Rudy_Manchego it could be that your just unsure as to what you actually want to play right now so your switching through trying to find that one that grabs you

you know like when you flip through the TV channels until something catches your eye

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@Rudy_Manchego
I routinely bail on games for many reasons, but mostly because I have a pretty short attention span for some games. It either grips me completely in some way or it doesn't.

A lot of the time with something with a good online element, I'll be wrapped up in that and disregard the single player a bit. Most recently that's happened with Ace Combat 7.

I tend to really hammer a game for a week or two then just pull back from it. And quite often go back to them well after the fact, but sometimes not.

Not something I worry about if I'm honest.

Going back to finish the SP of Doom (2016) soon

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Th3solution

@Rudy_Manchego I’m definitely right there with you. I have developed a propensity to bail on games too. I have had trouble with games of length especially. I was able to finish Red Dead 2, but I keep sputtering on Persona 5 and The Witcher 3. I look at my backlog and the games that seem to interest me most are the short ones or the pickup-and-play ones. So my last few games I’ve spent time with have been fighters, indies, platformers, and music games.
I wish I had a solution for you. It’s weird what seems to strike my fancy though as lately I booted up The Handsome Collection on a whim and I’m loving it. With super awesome games like P5, W3, GoW, Spider-Man, and AC Origins and Odyssey in my backlog, you’d think I’d want to play all the GOTY contenders, but problem is, the time investment is a turn off lately.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Rudy_Manchego

@FullbringIchigo There is defo an element of analysis paralysis as I get with netflix. It is weird though, I got utterly addicted to Bloodborne, am within spitting distance of getting where I wanted to get and now feel like I can't face more bosses.

@KALofKRYPTON I have a couple of friends who are the same as you and play what they want and when but I think it is the OCD in me that wants to 'get through' games and then I am just failing. I normally have to really fall out of love with a game to end it. Actually a lot has to do with what @Th3solution says. Length is starting to be an issue. I bailed on both The Witcher 3 and Red Dead 2. Amazing games, got a good few hours into both but it felt I would be playing forever. The only exception has been long games on the Switch, such as Skyrim and BOTW. I might get the W3 port because handheld and playing away etc. seems to make games easier for me to focus on.

Completely a first world problem but it is diminishing my enjoyment a little bit.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego Just play shorter games until you are in the right frame of mind to go back to the larger games or ones you've not yet finished. I'm on the very last boss in both the main game and dlc for Bloodborne, I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to it at this stage.

I've got a huge backlog too and I use to get a bit stressed about it. To the point that I wasn't enjoying gaming as much. But I think that had a bit to do with over thinking about it if that makes sense? So I made a decision to just try and forget about my backlog and just play more what I'm in mood for. If that is a game from my backlog than so be it or it could mean buying something new. It may mean some games get left not finished, but I'm okay with that and I seem to be enjoying my gaming more. It's not really worth get stressed over as gaming should be fun.

I know that might work for everyone but it seemed to work OK for me.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

@ellsworth004 I hear a lot of good things about memory foam. It isn't for me (I need to sleep on the firmest possible mattresses, to the point where I prefer the hardwood floor when I visit my Dad's for the holidays) but for folks with the most common back problems, it apparently does wonders. As @Thrillho says, just might take you a couple nights to get used to it (and for it to get used to you). Best of luck!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ellsworth004

@RogerRoger yeah i hope it helps me get some rest. Ive been laid off fron work from the dr for about 4 months. Gotta get shots in my back next week, just hoping for no surgery. Back injury is a horrible thing to go through. I wish 20 years ago i knew what i know now. Gotta take care of your body, we only get one!

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah good advice. I think my backlog is stressing me which I don't quite understand. I have completed smaller games, mainly indie, like My Friend Pedro which has been easier to fit in and get progress on.

Getting Bloodstaind today so looking forward to that though - unless the Switch version is too much of a buggy mess to play!

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder @Rudy_Manchego Yeah, my previous approach to the backlog was treating it like a queue where as I bought a game or obtained it through PS Plus it would go to the end of the line or the bottom of the stack, so to speak, and I was trying to work on games in kind of a chronological order of release of the order I obtained them in. Sometimes I’d vary from that a bit, but I would approach them from a checklist approach like a “to do” list at work, or like how one might approach their dinner plate and eat their salad first, then their soup, then the meat, mix in some potato and steamed vegetables, and then after all that’s done I can finally have my dessert. While I think there is still some value in an organized approach like that for those of us with OCD tendencies (the rush that comes from checking a box from a well planned list 😄) it also can lead to burn-out. So lately I am trying to be a little more like Johnny with the “play what I’m in the mood for” approach. In the past I would have banked the PS Plus games for later since I have plenty other games I’m working on, but I downloaded both games this month and went straight to them. I’ve found it fun to play some games that are in the current public consciousness and that have a little community buzz at the time.
Basically, I’m trying to just go straight for dessert first, if that’s what I want to do. Or if I’m in the mood for the steak, I’ll eat it first. Then if I get sick of it, I’ll leave it half eaten and try a few dinner rolls before pulling out the pasta. If that doesn’t satisfy my cravings, then just bring in the bowl of ice cream. Sure it’s not that good for me and it didn’t last that long, but it will taste good for a while.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Gremio108

@Th3solution I think this is why I keep stuttering with my Sekiro playthrough. I usually take an easygoing approach with my backlog and play whatever I like, depending on whether it feels like 'the right time' to play it.

But Sekiro I've borrowed from a friend in order to try and complete it before he's ready to start it, giving myself a time limit. I think I'm just going to buy my own copy and take my time.

It sounds like you're having fun with Borderlands 2, so that approach seems to be working for you. As with all the good things in life - if you're enjoying it, that means you're probably doing it right.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

KnightWolf

Not sure where to post this but i no longer need to buy another game again between dreams and Super Mario Maker 2. I can play all the games i want lol.

KnightWolf

PSN: KnightWolf86x

andreoni79

I'm not a Netflix guy so I don't know how exactly it works, but friends of mine are celebrating because Netxflix removed the new adaptation of Neon Genesis Evangelion. The translation was really terrible and it has generated tons of memes...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho I moved our convo here as to not to derail the Final Fantasy thread.

I think OPM is more expense to buy in the shops these days, it is always cheaper per issue when you sub. And you get a free gift when you first sub, usually a game or a peripheral.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic