Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 10,096

Octane

@Tasuki I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not sure how to properly express it in English, but my condolences go out to you.

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

@Tasuki My condolences chap, terrible news and wish you and all your family and friends the best at this hard time.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Tasuki My utmost condolences. My thoughts and prayers are with you & your family <3.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

kyleforrester87

@Tasuki absolute nightmare. I've fortunately never lost a close relative or friend so I honestly don't know how I'd handle it. Take it easy man.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

RogerRoger

@Tasuki All I can do is add my sincere and heartfelt condolences to all the other messages you've received here. Stay strong when you need to, but also don't be afraid to let your emotions run their course, and I genuinely hope you'll be alright in the long run.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@Tasuki That's rough, sorry to hear that. When it's sudden like that, it's a terrible shock. All I can think to say is that at least it wasn't drawn out. One of my grandparents died suddenly, while the other was ill for a long time with dementia and related issues. I know which way I want to go. This way you can remember your mum as the person she was, without having to watch her struggle and become someone she's not.

That's zero comfort right now, but it's all I can think to say. Stay strong and take it easy mate

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JJ-firl

@Tasuki I hope you and your family find comfort and strength with eachother in these difficult times. All the best!

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

Octane

So, I got myself a copy of Wipeout Omega Collection to try out on the PS4. The seal was off, no Sony logo to be seen, when I opened it, there were clear scratches on the case, minor scratches on the disc and a big spot in the top right corner of the case was all weird, it was shaped like a square, so I assumed there had been a sticker. Weird thing is, I bought it new from a big retailer.

So I emailed them about it because if I wanted a second hand copy, I could've gotten it for way cheaper than what I payed for it. But I broke the seal, well, technically there wasn't any, so I asked them what they were going to do about it.

They offered me a new copy, but then went full Bethesda on me saying I shouldn't take the offer because it's bad for the environment and they offered a €3 compensation instead. I felt like replying that they can take their €3 and shove it up a dark place, but I kindly accepted the new copy instead.

Octane

Thrillho

Has Mutant Year Zero been on anyone else's radar? I only just saw it's been released today and only £29 too. Another one for the list for me!

Thrillho

Octane

@kyleforrester87 The irony is that they introduced a new service this year; Same day delivery. Meaning more people on the road to deliver packages in smaller quantities because people can't wait a day.

Octane

RogerRoger

@Octane That's insane; first that they gave you a game in such condition, and second that they then lectured you about the environment when you went to exchange it for a new copy! That's got to take the award for "Most Desperate Attempt Not to Address a Customer's Complaints" this yea... oh, wait, this is the year of Fallout 76 and the £4 canvas bag currency headline, isn't it? Sorry.

@Thrillho I saw a big splashy advert for it on PSN last night and realised that I had absolutely no idea what it was or that it even existed. Hope it turns out to be good!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@Octane Businesses that try and flout consumer law make me surprisingly angry.
Glad you got your new copy. The game looks ace!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Jaz007

I’m sure how I feel about people signing up to vote for the game of the year in the forums. I mean, I’m all for new people, but when you’ve made one post or no posts before and you’ve got no avatar and will (this part is key) go back to never posting afterwards, I’m not I feel like they’re a real part of the community. I mean, get an avatar at least. As I said, new people are welcome, but I don’t think they count new poeple as much an random people passing by.

Jaz007

Jaz007

@KratosMD There are a couple who have only just signed up, but a few others also have like or two comments as well. I guess I might just be being a "grumpy regular" but that's my impression on it. They signed up a while ago, but rarely come in.

Jaz007

Thrillho

@Jriibz Good fun at the time but has probably aged horribly. I played the demo so many times just to keep using the taser weapon on enemies.

Thrillho

mookysam

@kyleforrester87 Cheers! Yeah, I couldn't successfully get a Santa hat on my usual avatar so thought I'd draw one.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic