Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 10,078

Octane

@Jaz007 I'm so stupid. Thank you haha. I've never seen it before.

Octane

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Sorry to hear that your appointment turned into a "come back again, wait and see" but at least your doctor didn't immediately hit any panic buttons and seemed positive; whilst it may be frustrating to continue the wait, it doesn't sound like it's anything too serious.

How's your hand actually feeling now? And are you holding up okay?

As for the disappearance of @beemo being a bit of a surprise, it's a reminder that online, you never really quite know what's going on behind the keyboards. Even the most good-natured, well-meaning words can be mistaken or misinterpreted because of one bad day. I really liked their posts and contributions; I hope that their leaving PushSquare isn't the result of a larger problem in their life and that, regardless of whether they return or not, they'll be alright.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

andreoni79

Is there an electrician in this forum? I'm asking because my bike front lamp (just 1 white led) doesn't completely turn off when I... turn it off. A feeble light is always there and it gets stronger as time passes. The only way is to remove at least a battery but it's a bit uncomfortable.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Octane

@andreoni79 Not an electrician, but LEDs require very little power, it's possible that the battery leaks some power, enough to light up the LED. We have the same problem in our house. LED lamps in the hallway and the living room are always ''on'', even if they're turned off you can see a very dim light when it's dark. If you remove the bulb, it disappears (obviously). So there's some leakage somewhere, and it probably has to do with the way our light switches are set up. Nothing to worry about though. I assume it's quite normal, it's just that the low threshold of LEDs make it visible. You wouldn't notice it with an old incandescent bulb. So unless the battery is running out of power more often than it should be, I wouldn't worry about it.

@kyleforrester87 Nah, after you

Octane

Jaz007

What are codes for on the site? I just noticed a way to enter them in account setting, but I'm not sure what they do.

Jaz007

Octane

Jaz007 wrote:

What are codes for on the site? I just noticed a way to enter them in account setting, but I'm not sure what they do.

I have no idea. @antdickens?

Octane

andreoni79

@Jaz007 I'm glad this forum stopped organizing competitions... In 2015 I won the "Funniest and Sexiest PushSquare User Award" and all I got was this:
Untitled

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane I think you have just self promoted your self as the forum electrician... 😉

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Tasuki

So not quite sure where to post this but I figure this is the best place to post this.

So last night around midnight my time as I was getting ready to turn in for the night, I got the worst possible news one can get. My mom god rest her soul had passed away.

I know one is never prepared for death but it's extremely hard for me as I just saw her a few days ago and she seemed fine. It's one thing if she was diagnosed with something like say cancer or Alzheimer's or some other fatal diease but she wasnt. I mean she had a few health problems, diabetes, arthritis and such but nothing we thought was major. Right now the initial reports is that it was a heart attack, a massive one and even though emergency crews were called they couldn't do anything. I feel so numb now and, it feels like this is all some kind of terrible dream. I just don't know what I am going to do but I am sure I will figure something. R.I.P. mom.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Jaz007

@Tasuki Dang man, I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know what to say other than I'll keep you in my prayers. Keep strong my man!

Jaz007

mookysam

@Tasuki I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. You've had an unbelievably awful shock, so take as much time as you need. Thinking of you and your loved ones. x

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Th3solution

@Tasuki My sincerest condolences, my friend. That is truly a devastating thing to lose a parent. Hang in there and know that you’ll make it through this.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Tasuki Sorry to hear that fella. I hope you’ve got plenty of friends and family around to help each other out.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki So sorry to hear of your mum passing away. My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

jacobia

@Tasuki Both of my parents have passed away, so even though we’ve never really interacted, hugs to you, and take it one day at a time 🙏

It isn’t a dream
You only heard yourself
The means of your life
Create and melt

PSN: jacobia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic